Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Rivers Re-run: Retaliate If Attack, “this Is What I Call “elections Of Our Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Re-run: Retaliate If Attack, “this Is What I Call “elections Of Our Lives (424 Views)

INEC Responsible For The Madness We Call Elections! / Safety Alert: 10 Ways To Avoid Possible Terrorist Attack This Eid-el-fitr / Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run: Retaliate If Attack, “this Is What I Call “elections Of Our Lives by ifeanyihamilton(m): 5:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
A former Governor of Rivers State and serving Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, has charged supporters of the All Progressives Congress in the state to match their Peoples Democratic Party counterparts with force as the two parties prepare for rerun polls on Saturday.

“This Is what I called “elections of our lives,” said Mr. Amaechi addressing supporters during APC’s mega rally in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

The rally witnessed presence of APC leaders, including Chairman John Odigie-Oyegun, 12 governors and federal lawmakers.

Speaking further, Mr. Amaechi, said, “I used to tell you” please don’t fight”. But I think we will bend it a beat.

“Don’t kill anybody but don’t be killed. My friend in the army told me if bullet is fired, the person that hears the sound is not the one that dies.

“If you allow them to shoot you, you will die. It’s not only them that have rights to life.”

Following court rulings that invalidated 2015 National Assembly and State House elections in the oil-rich State, the Independent National Electoral Commission had earlier conducted rerun polls on March 19.

But the exercise was marred by violence, forcing INEC to suspend the elections- now to be held on Saturday.

The Saturday rerun elections will hold across three senatorial districts, eight federal constituencies and 10 state constituencies.

But the rhetoric from both APC and PDP leaders have heat up the build-up to the rescheduled elections, raising fears of electoral violence again.

Read more at https://newdiplomat.ng/news/rivers-re-run-retaliate-attack-call-elections-lives-amaechi-charges-apc-supporters/
Re: Rivers Re-run: Retaliate If Attack, “this Is What I Call “elections Of Our Lives by Babacele: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
na soo

(1) (Reply)

Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(1) / Help A Fellow Nigerian Win An International Competition / ‘INEC Is Not Operating Under Any External Influence’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.