Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] (43317 Views)

The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Fatal Accident That Killed Many On Benin-Ijebu Ode Expressway This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by babadey(m): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
Emassive:
I ply this road on a daily bases and just even got back got back from Lagos as early as 8:30am to Ibadan because of my Sister's convocation in OAU today. I am still going back to work over the weekend to return on Monday. I pray GOD continues to cover my sins by the blood of JESUS and let my enemy be unable to reach my family In the mighty name of JESUS. I make sure my car is in the best conditions for every round trip back to my Auto Mechanic in Lagos

sorry bro, God cant and doesnt cover sins. Instead u say, God forgive me for my sins.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Orikinla(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Did we not warn them?
Both drivers and passengers who don't learn from the past terrible mistakes of others will repeat them like fools.

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by erico2k2(m): 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
auntysimbiat:
WATCH THE VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEvH9kjoihY

A facebook User shared these photos of the accident that happened this evening on the Lagos - Ibadan Expressway ....

[img]http://2.bp..com/-lrCSvl8ldLI/WEmxg6-uK-I/AAAAAAAAWbA/1-XKdO-i1gI0ImyGsaafgcyf2pX_sytSACLcB/s640/15284185_583147195214765_683606331571672_n.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-ZMzTmxnUZPg/WEmxiB0ZS-I/AAAAAAAAWbQ/V21E7m4l2IwQjrxSmewgzRVXUIoAo-cawCLcB/s640/ggggg.jpg[/img]

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/12/fatal-accident-on-lagos-ibadan.html
I appreciate the Humanity shown by all those trying to help with limited resources,
This is the only good thing we have in Nigeria right about now and I thank God for that.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by ekoboy: 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
The frequency of accidents in this country is alarming. Do we have accident investigation and proffering of solution to mitigate? What's up with FRSC. Is their duty just to clear dead bodies?

Meanwhile what happened to common sense in Nigeria. Do people need to be told that speed, drunk and careless driving kills?

I tire!!!!
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
KingData13:
*MTN, ETISALAT,GLO AND AIRTL DATA PROMO* *KingData Telecom Data resellers*
To check balance before or after purchase, For MTN, dial *461*6# For Etisalat, dial *229*9# For Airtel, dial *123*57# For Glo, dial  *127*0#
*Daily plans* (Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel) 7.5gb    @500 15gb @1000
*Weekly Plans*(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel) 10gb @1000 15gb @1300
*Monthly Plans* 38days duration (Both day and night)(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel) 4gb @ 1000 5gb @1200 7.5gb @ 1500 10gb @ 2000 15gb @ 2200 Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)
*Night Plan*(Mtn, Glo, eti and Airtel) 5gb @800 10gb @1000 15gb @1200
*Unlimited Plan* (All Network) #6,000 *All DATA VALIDITY 38DAYS ( 1 month and a Week) ‎ These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime. To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS ......
*No Risk* *No Panic*
thief,scammer,ole. God Wil purnish u dia.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by YaksonFCA(m): 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
RIP to the dead and quick recovery to the injured
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by blackjah(m): 11:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
na dat iron hold the guy leg
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Time2Smile(m): 12:23am On Dec 09, 2016
There were actually two accident less than 100m apart. The first accident was partially responsible for the second accident coupled with over speeding by a driver of a lorry carrying feeds. The car I was in actually miss the 2nd accident by about 60 sec and all the cars involved in the accident overtook us about 5 minutes before the 2nd accident. I am still a bit shaken. I have some observations:
1. The number of accident on Nigerian roads would dramatically reduce if drivers reduce their speeds. It is madness for any driver to be doing 140km/h on any Nigerian road, by the way these accidents happened in the good portion of the road that has just been constructed.
2. The valiant effort of FRSC officials would had to carry victims with bare hand and use their pick up trucks as make shift ambulance, because of lack of emergency response. The effort of some civilians was also noteworthy.
3. The alacrity with which some people brought out their phone to capture the accident was reprehensible. Some individuals really need to visit the shrink and get treatment for attention seeking disorder. They are more interested in facebook views than anything else.
4. No one died in the 2nd accident that involved a truck, a trailer and about 7 cars. 2 of the cars and the trailer was a total write-off. And the trailer driver was in critical condition when he was taken away from the site. It was really a miracle the accident wasn't really fatal.
5. I am safely in Lagos, I would ply the road back to Ibadan tomorrow. I pray God continue to protect us and preserve us in goodness.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by chidiebere123(m): 12:45am On Dec 09, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]oh my God, ve mercy.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by gmailmay: 1:16am On Dec 09, 2016
cheesy angry

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by gmailmay: 1:19am On Dec 09, 2016
lipsrsealed

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Papertrail11(m): 2:21am On Dec 09, 2016
the zoo: never in my life have in seeen incompetence displated by nigerian contractors. the people developing this road act like they are on codeine for four years dey have been feveloping this roads its so dangerous that incomming vehicle face themselves in one way from cars goig and comming and at night when one mqy not be necessarily conscious
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by swiperthefox: 2:25am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria as a nation needs deliverance. No police, no fire service, no ambulance or paramedics on sight. I weep for this great nation with so much wealth but extremely poor. We as citizens needs to take back power from those that has been feeding fat on the national wealth and living the masses improverished.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by StupidYorubaFool: 2:45am On Dec 09, 2016
Kingbuhari:
buhari is a mad cow
I tell you... He will never escape unpunished...
Oya take am there...

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by StupidYorubaFool: 2:45am On Dec 09, 2016
gmailmay:
lipsrsealed
whats the map for?
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by bukky868: 4:00am On Dec 09, 2016
God have Mercy
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:40am On Dec 09, 2016
Kingbuhari:
buhari is a mad cow

You're right.

That road should have been left in the sorry state it was in. Then people would've arrived safely. Many hours late, but at least safe.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Oluwaphmi(m): 5:40am On Dec 09, 2016
God save us all. The road is tiny with the ongoing construction. I just hope it gets completed soon.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by dingbang(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2016
Witchcraft
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Hades2016(m): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2016
Hope no life was lost cry
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Gudfrie(m): 6:41am On Dec 09, 2016
Kingbuhari:
buhari is a mad cow
Shaarap dia before I woze u
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Kingbuhari(m): 6:43am On Dec 09, 2016
Gudfrie:
Shaarap dia before I woze u

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2016
Subuhanallahi!
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by ajasa4link: 7:12am On Dec 09, 2016
prince985:
v
i wrote d letter 'v' above to book space,
but as i was about to modify, i remembered d movie named 'V' ....Very stupid movie..i still cant belive i wasted about 7hours of my life watchin it
mtscheew
chai
I thought I was d only one who regretted watching that yeye series.... I think it was cancelled for good
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by miqos02(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2016
Zdoh:
O'Lord have mercy. That road serious concentration by the Government. Too many lifes been lost everyday on that road.
please correct this grammar, you are on frontpage
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by umarazizz87(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Oh my God! One of the deceased was my neighbor. He was young, very kind, had a wife and two kids, and on his way to attend sister's wedding. May Allah forgive him his sins and grant him Jannatul Fiddles. Ameen.
Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Mrfidelk(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kingbuhari:
buhari is a mad cow
open d door make we talk

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by Emassive(m): 6:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
Definitely the mouth will have to confess it. The blood of JESUS covers our sins for sure. That's the reason it was shared right?
babadey:

sorry bro, God cant and doesnt cover sins. Instead u say, God forgive me for my sins.

Re: Terrible Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Evening [ See Photos / Video ] by babadey(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Emassive:
Definitely the mouth will have to confess it. The blood of JESUS covers our sins for sure. That's the reason it was shared right?

Exactly!!! True christian, u are. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna-Bound Train Breaks Down As Passengers Trek 1000 Meters Via Bush To Kaduna / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.