Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player (1466 Views)

How To Remove Audios From Videos Using VLC Media Player / How To Make Self Recording Using VLC Media Player On Your Computer / How To Record Tutorial Videos On Your Pc Using Vlc Media Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player by Spectraz: 3:49am On Dec 09, 2016
Few weeks back I posted about the Newest Version Of VLC media player coming with a Support for 360-degree videos.

The VLC 360° technical preview is now available and it lets you view both 360° videos and photos. That means from now on you will be able to play the spherical video formats in your Windows and Mac computers. Vlc states that it will soon make this feature available for other platforms like Android, iOS and Xbox One.

Meanwhile, the feature will not be available in the older version i.e. the app with the 2.x.x version numbers.

In this post I will be teaching you how to use the new VLC 360° video Media player to watch and enjoy 360- degree videos and photos.

Because 360- degree videos are still not rampant and you might be among the numerous people that still don’t have access to any of them, the VLC 360° technical preview page also contains a link to a 360-degree video you can download to check out the experience until you can get your hands on your desired 360-degree videos.

First of all, you need to download the 360-degree VLC player. You can do that by following the link below.

Select your platform Mac or Windows and download from There.

Ones downloaded Locate it and install the program like you would install any other app. The installer will ask you for an upgrade from your old version of VLC to this new one.

One thing you need to have in mind is that this is a technical preview version and more upgrades are soon to come. Once you upgrade your player, you will get VLC Media Player with the version number 3.0.0-git Vetinari

Simply open the video in the 360° VLC player Technical Preview and you will be able to pan around by clicking and dragging your mouse over the video. There are different display modes as well—Zoom, Little planet, and Reverse little planet.

Unlike 360-degree videos that are currently not easily available for everybody, the 360-degree photo are very much available. It takes only a reasonably good phone to capture a 360° photo. You can view the photos and videos easily on your mobile device or on YouTube but media players have not yet caught up with this new video format. VLC however is ahead of the pack.

Because VLC is the first mainstream media player to support 360-degree videos and photos out of the box that makes it simply the best media player you can ever have installed on your windows or Mac OS.

This interesting feature is to be merged with VLC 3.0 final release. But until then, this is just a technical preview version. Look forward to VLC 3.0 release.

Source: http://droidengage.com/360-videos-and-photos-using-vlc-media-player/

Re: How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player by cassidy1996(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2016
Nice one! Have been rocking VLC since 2009. Can i view 3D movies with VLC 360 on my PC
Re: How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player by Spectraz: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
cassidy1996:
Nice one! Have been rocking VLC since 2009. Can i view 3D movies with VLC 360 on my PC
Sure you can now. That's what the new update is all about.

http://droidengage.com/360-videos-and-photos-using-vlc-media-player/
Re: How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player by cassidy1996(m): 5:36am On Dec 19, 2017
Spectraz:

Sure you can now. That's what the new update is all about.

http://droidengage.com/360-videos-and-photos-using-vlc-media-player/
thanks, i will download it

(1) (Reply)

Bypass Google Account Verification For Tecno, Infinix, Gionee & More With PC / Uk Used Dell Inspiron 17r - 5737 8gb Ram Core I5 At Affordable Price *sold / Computer Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.