Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” (27866 Views)

Paul Akpan Udoh Contracts Coronavirus - First Footballer To Be Infected / Odemwingie, Mercy Akide-Udoh And Michael Essien In Adorable Photo / Danny Welbeck May Never Play Football Again: Medical Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by solidman59(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
By God's grace, my kids will not serve this ungrateful nation. Rubbish Nigeria, rubbish NYSC.
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by breakeven: 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!

We got a population of over 200,000,000!
With people like you Nigeria will never grow.Trash. Population that is full of lepers and born troway from up north.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by ChrisArs: 8:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
With senseless people like u nothing will ever change in this country.....
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Nickizoe(f): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
Cow!
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
emvico:
She Played For Nigeria The Former Giant Of Africa And Regreted It. Now That Nigeria Have Change To The Flop Of Africa What Else Do U expect Let America Come And Recolonize Us Pls
You can as well go and volunteer to be a slave in America. Ain't no recolonisation happening

1 Like

Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Onyenna(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
corneli83:

And who among them will voluntarily choose to labour in vain?

NONE!!!!
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by transient123(m): 8:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
I can understand your frustration madam, but, patience is golden. I would advice you let your kid be a footballer first, then, prayer he/she is a good footballer to merit being called, then, let us see how it goes from there.

So many have said worst things, they went back and ate their vomit, it ridicules one and make one stupid.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Galactico1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
femi4:
Former Super Falcons Striker and Nigeria football Legend, Mercy Akide-Udoh has suggested that her Children “will never play for Nigeria” if the poor treatment of players persists in the Football Federation.

Akide-Udoh , who was a member of Nigeria’s pioneer Falcons team, was named the first African Women Footballer of the Year in 2001 and also won accolades in 1999 and 2004 when she was named in the FIFA World All-Star.

The 41-year-old slammed the unrepentant Nigeria football administrators for the unpaid allowances of the Super Falcons, who despite the many unsavory conditions, won the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations title.

” They fought with everything, so it should have been a happy ending. These kids have families, their parents are waiting for them to come back and put food on the table,” she told BBC Sport.

” They’ve done their part and should be paid their money. I won’t be surprised if some of these kids don’t come back; opting to stay with their clubs rather than play for Nigeria.

” I am sorry, My kids are Americans, with the situation going on if something does not change my kids will never play for Nigeria. Who wants to suffer? We did it in our own time, this is a new generation, they should not be suffering what we suffered.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/kids-cant-play-nigeria-akide-udoh-vows/

I concur.... To be precise...its very very unusual if the super falcons allowances are not paid.

They should think about the backlog.. With this attitutude..nobody wants to be a proud Nigeria.
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Henon: 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!
Your brain don dey pain you again?
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by SailorXY: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!

I can assure you that less than 3% of that number are patriotic; even then they are "patriots" cuz of free oyel money.
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by domben(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
adjoviomole:
Nigeria is just so so so so so so very very very very.........................fucccked up
. shameful country.I regretted been a Nigerian.oh God please give us our Biafra in Jesus name Amen.
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by wadetaw202: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!

Yeah, that's the problem. No one cares. For example if every member of your family perishes, no one will care since you and your family represent just a tiny dot among 200,000,000.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by CXLVII: 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
wadetaw202:

Yeah, that's the problem. No one cares. For example if every member of your family perishes, no one will care since you and your family represent just a tiny dot among 200,000,000.

grin grin grin

What you don't know is that it's a constant that your Obituary will hit the frontpage of Nairaland and I will be the first to comment. Your body will be riddled with bullets and your skull hacked with an axe.

The topic will be like "Nairalander "Wadetaw" hacked to death in cold blood with missing head"
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by wadetaw202: 12:03am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

grin grin grin

What you don't know is that it's a constant that your Obituary will hit the frontpage of Nairaland and I will be the first to comment. Your body will be riddled with bullets and your skull hacked with an axe.

The topic will be like "Nairalander "Wadetaw" hacked to death in cold blood with missing head"

Do you mean the same manner in which your mum's nakked body will be hung out to dry after she get rape.ed and tortured to death?

Or you mean the way you will be hit by fast moving trailer that will crush your skull under its powerful tire, making it difficult to gather your remnant for burial? Believe me, it will be so difficult to gather your crushed bones. People would just leave the mass of bone, blood and flesh for dogs to feed on. Believe me, you will never rest in peace forever and your ghost will become a vagabond. Sorry in advance
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by CXLVII: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2016
wadetaw202:

Do you mean the same manner in which your mum's nakked body will be hung out to dry after she get rape.ed and tortured to death?

Or you mean the way you will be hit by fast moving trailer that will crush your skull under its powerful tire, making it difficult to gather your remnant for burial? Believe me, it will be so difficult to gather your crushed bones. People would just leave the mass of bone, blood and flesh for dogs to feed on. Believe me, you will never rest in peace forever and your ghost will become a vagabond. Sorry in advance

grin Am just certain your Obituary will hit Nairaland front-page before the year runs out an d I will be FTC
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by wadetaw202: 12:14am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

grin Am just certain your Obituary will hit Nairaland front-page before the year runs out an d I will be FTC

You mean they won't even be able to pick your bones or see your crushed remains that you won't even be counted worthy for an obituary? Your painful, gory, dastardly, inexplicable and shameful death is sure to bring everlasting sorrow to your family. Sorry in advance
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by CXLVII: 12:17am On Dec 12, 2016
wadetaw202:

You mean they won't even be able to pick your bones or see your crushed remains that you won't even be counted worthy for an obituary? Your painful, gory, dastardly, inexplicable and shameful death is sure to bring everlasting sorrow to your family. Sorry in advance

Rest in peace
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by wadetaw202: 12:29am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

Rest in peace

Hope you've prepared your will. Tomorrow morning will be too late. Adieu, my dead friend
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by enomakos(m): 3:04am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!
what the f u c k are you saying
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by Cromagnon: 4:10am On Dec 12, 2016
Jfast:
Nigeria as a country is not always intrested in human resources but can die for natural resources
who human resources epp
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by fascowilly(m): 5:56am On Dec 12, 2016
femi4:
Former Super Falcons Striker and Nigeria football Legend, Mercy Akide-Udoh has suggested that her Children “will never play for Nigeria” if the poor treatment of players persists in the Football Federation.

Akide-Udoh , who was a member of Nigeria’s pioneer Falcons team, was named the first African Women Footballer of the Year in 2001 and also won accolades in 1999 and 2004 when she was named in the FIFA World All-Star.

The 41-year-old slammed the unrepentant Nigeria football administrators for the unpaid allowances of the Super Falcons, who despite the many unsavory conditions, won the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations title.

” They fought with everything, so it should have been a happy ending. These kids have families, their parents are waiting for them to come back and put food on the table,” she told BBC Sport.

” They’ve done their part and should be paid their money. I won’t be surprised if some of these kids don’t come back; opting to stay with their clubs rather than play for Nigeria.

” I am sorry, My kids are Americans, with the situation going on if something does not change my kids will never play for Nigeria. Who wants to suffer? We did it in our own time, this is a new generation, they should not be suffering what we suffered.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/kids-cant-play-nigeria-akide-udoh-vows/
M
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by adjoviomole(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2016
omeiza47:
don't forget that your master is in our cage oooooooo

Your bigotry knows no bound. You are so blinded by tribalism that you could not even notice that I am a yoruba boy...... U are so useless to dis country. I wonder wot is wrong with our youths, instead of us to unite and make dis country one you guys are starting tribal wars. I repeat to you and your ilks you are useless to this country, you are of no use. U should cover ur face in shame. I detest bigots. Please do not quote me again in your entire life. Its because of people like you that this country will not move forward. Have a nice day and when your hand is itching to type tribal comments,make good use of that time to pray for nigeria.

I am not in support of any tribe braking away. It is only 2geda that we can be strong. Have a nice day.
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by kelechi17(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:
Who cares!
goat
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by khattab02: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2016
Very very Unfortunate what is happening now. But I will share the blame. It is high time in Africa the FA's stop the sourcing or majority of their funds from the goverments. They have to find other sources of money, bcoz most goverments in Africa are always broke or have too many things to do. African FA's have to free themselves from the shackles of Government.

It been a very very long time since I commented on the sport minister. I don't know how he got selected for the post?

#Pathetic!!!
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by khattab02: 9:07am On Dec 12, 2016
transient123:
I can understand your frustration madam, but, patience is golden. I would advice you let your kid be a footballer first, then, prayer he/she is a good footballer to merit being called, then, let us see how it goes from there.

So many have said worst things, they went back and ate their vomit, it ridicules one and make one stupid.
On Point!

#Good one!
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by khattab02: 9:19am On Dec 12, 2016
I understand the annoyance of the current situation and the topic, but that does not warrant that we loose our sense of humour and civil character.

Stop hate and tribal comments pleease!!!

#anti spam bot dey ooooo....
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by morereb10: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2016
Scream:

Being... thank me later.

thanks my sis or bro

recession self don enter my head
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by morereb10: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2016
superstarDikk:
i am

like say they employ you for N-power newly
Re: Mercy Akide-Udoh: "My Kids Will Never Play For Nigeria” by CXLVII: 10:06am On Dec 12, 2016
kelechi17:
goat

Pig

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Happy To Be In Nigeria — Crespo / Which Footballer Made A Shirt Number Unique To You? / Luis Suarez Edges Closer To Juventus Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.