Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) (48585 Views)

Kebbi Rice Farmers Lament Fertilizer Scarcity / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / See The List Of Africa's Richest People In 2016 (pics) - Factsbyjosh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by chibuzorAbia: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
Neddstark:
I have been hearing of Anambra Rice, Ebonyi rice but till now I aint seen sh!t. Those flattiess are damn too greedy to sell something at affordable prices to all

You get time for those marauding chest beaters? Where the Ugwu sef?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by quickly: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
PresidentAtiku:
See what Buhar has reduced Nigerians too! Rice was 9000/ bag for good foreign rice under the last administration. Now we celebrate 13k for local rice! Smh

That local rice would become cheaper and then we have more to export.

It's the same principle foreign rice use
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by favouryemmy: 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
henryanna36:
Lagos to sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) rice N13,000 from next Thursday Dec 15 2016

The Lagos State Government on Thursday said it was ready to roll out Lake Rice on Dec. 15 to Lagosians at N13,000 per 50 kg towards the Yuletide celebrations.

Mr Sanni Okanlawan, Special Adviser on Food Security to Gov. Akinwumi Ambode, made the disclosure in Lagos during the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) National Agriculture Stakeholders Summit.

Okanlawan said that sales of the rice would be made at all the 57 Local Government Areas (LGAs) and Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in the state to ensure proper distribution.

“Lake Rice is the acronym of both Lagos and Kebbi States joint product which will be out to the public on Dec. 15 at the rate of N13,000 per 50kg bag as it is already subsidised by the government.

“To make it more available, the rice will be sold at the 57 LGAs and LCDAs for easy accessibility and to guard against unwanted persons diverting the product.

“The state government has put in place a committee that will ensure that Lagosians have the best Christmas celebration, that is why we are offering the wholesome and well packaged rice,’’ Okanlawan stated.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the government’s efforts were in alignment with the Federal Government’s diversification drive from a mono-economy to agriculture. It will be recalled that Lagos and Kebbi states signed a historic MOU on rice production shortly after the Anchor borrowers scheme which creates resources for farmers was launched by President Muhammadu Buhari in Kebbi.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/lagos-state-government-to-sell.html

So, people that live outside Lagos would not have access to it? There is God o!
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by eyinjuege: 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nice development.
But why do I have a feeling the rice would be sold to only a select few by those in charge of its distribution
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by SIRmanjar(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
WEeeeSsssst SIDE! to all my niggaz from d other side..Dnt hate jst grab a bag ad knock urselvz out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Mayflowa(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
spartacus11:

always changing goal post flat head republic
your people said why did PMB launch school feeding program in Anambra state that their children are not hungry and that they can all feed their children so well
and you are here saying do you know how many people will die from hungry-kai why are you people so confuse u hate buhari dose not mean u should hate is good works for making nigeria grown rice available

Our biggest challenge now in Nigeria is ethnic bigotry. I am no member of any of the three major tribe. I find is hard our enlightened youth would support tribesmen rather than support truth and progress.

I was reacting to someone canvassing for a new messiah president when we just did one. Can't we all put in our voice to ensure democratic dividend is delivered on the one we already have both by support and critics of obnoxious policies. That is how to move a nation forward not bigotry.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Na them go manufacture na them go distribute na them go collect the rice again na them go re sell at a more expensive rate. Watch and see
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by JoshMedia: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
ephi123:

Rotfl! cheesy It's step by step, it's a process. Gradually the rice quality will improve.
Truetalk
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by mapet: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2016
Bolustic:
This is logical

1. We saturate our local markets for our residents

2. They get it at affordable price

3. They experience a nice Xmas

4. Then we fill our silos and storage facilities for next three years

5. THEN WE THINK OF EXPORT

[b]Unlike some people who would start with number 5 and declare fake billions.
[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by mapet: 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
saintdennis:

I love this question but it's more question for my dear edo state, also other southern and eastern states.

Pz bought 22,000 hectares in c/river for palm products (palm oil, kernel etc) farming last year, no news on the project so far

The turn-around-time for Palm product is about 5yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by mapet: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
winterfell007:
Rice investment we are witnessing now is not enough to cater for the whole of Nigeria we still require additional investment to meet the shortfall. for now, importation is still needed to be allowed to cater for the shortfall.

i commend private industrialist like Coscharis and Dangote group for making the huge investment in the value chain system. it might take several years to meet national demand but i'm glad we are taking the right steps.

i commend his excellency Goodluck Jonathan for initiating the backward intergration policy and Mr. president for sustaining such noble venture for the benefits of all Nigerians

You had to sneak GEJ's name into Rice scheme?
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by precious1967(m): 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
N13k after subsidy. if subsidy na dey nko? how much ll it be? thks.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Emempaul(m): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by ud4u: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
struggle for rice at 13k, na wa for naija. to see the rice buy no go be another wahala? make ino be say na only on net we go see am
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by bewla(m): 12:37am On Dec 10, 2016
sarrki:
Eko onibaje

We the omoluabi set pace for others to follow
what can fa rubbish . this way to high and you say u subsidiaries four such us twelve thou nonsense
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by saintdennis(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2016
mapet:

The turn-around-time for Palm product is about 5yrs

Thanks for the info, 5years!

It makes it even more pressing the need for govts to engage the private sector & heavily invest in this sector sooner rather than later.

I was surprised to discover its use goes beyond red oil & vegetable oil.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Edmomd(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2016
herzern:
Ajimobi.

Yhu see your life??

I wonder ooooooo.
Lagos ahead all of them.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by skolab4(m): 8:05am On Dec 10, 2016
pls what has fayose been doing In Ekiti, he has been criticising the federal government..... where is Igbemo rice, where is Ekiti local rice..His mate has started harvesting, what will he harvest?
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by mapet: 8:11am On Dec 10, 2016
saintdennis:

Thanks for the info, 5years!

It makes it even more pressing the need for govts to engage the private sector & heavily invest in this sector sooner rather than later.

I was surprised to discover its use goes beyond red oil & vegetable oil.

The little I know is that it is one of the big business in Agri-business. The model is like Crude Oil. You spend a lot to bring it to production, but once it comes to production, you spend so little to maintain it and make steady flow of Revenue for a long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obituary: Chief Udala Philip Ekwosi Burial Poster (Photos) / The Top Five Digital Marketing Agencies In Nigeria: An Unbiased List. / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.