Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Ronaldo Blow For Portugal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ronaldo Blow For Portugal (661 Views)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Netherlands - (2 - 1) On 17th June 2012 / Euro 2012: Denmark Vs Portugal (2 - 3) Group B Match: On 13th June 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Blow For Portugal by scantee(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2009
Ronaldo blow for Portugal
(AFP) Wednesday 11 November 2009
Print Email my friend
Real Madrid's Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldohas been ruled out of his country's crucial FIFA 2010 World Cup South Africa™ play-off matches after undergoing medical tests on a troublesome ankle injury.

Portugal coach Carlos Queiroz had insisted he intended to call up the world's most expensive player for the matches against Bosnia-Herzegovina on 14 and 18 November despite opposition from Real but in the end the Portuguese Football Federation admitted that Ronaldo would not be fit enough.

"The player is not in good enough physical condition to train with the squad ahead of the play-offs," read a statement by the federation. Both Portugal - FIFA World Cup semi-finalists in 2006 - and Real had been locked in a battle over Ronaldo with the club insisting that he was not fit enough to travel.

Real Madrid doctors last week estimated that Ronaldo would be out of action for at least two more weeks as he recovers from an ankle injury. Ronaldo said he was really disappointed not to be able to play. "It's really frustrating not to be able to help Portugal particularly at such a key moment like the play-off against Bosnia," he said.

But the Portuguese captain promised to return to Lisbon on Saturday for the match. "I'll go to the stadium to support my team-mates. I'm sure that the quality of our football will surmount everything and afterwards I'll be in the locker room to celebrate the first of two steps towards the World Cup."

Ronaldo initially injured his right ankle in Real's 3-0 UEFA Champions League victory over Marseille at the end of September and aggravated the problem while playing for Portugal on 10 October. "It's impossible for Ronaldo to play with Portugal," Real coach Manuel Pellegrini said on Friday. "I feel sorry for the Portugal squad and for the player, but he hasn't trained for a long time now and he is still in pain."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1131835.html?cid=newsletter&att=en_20091112_comments

CR& is seem as one man squad, hahahahah
Re: Ronaldo Blow For Portugal by scantee(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2009
i pray that he will be ok before November 27 so that we can beat him and his club Real.

up FCB
Re: Ronaldo Blow For Portugal by adebayo201: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2009
u make me vex undecided undecided
Re: Ronaldo Blow For Portugal by scantee(m): 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
adebayo201:

u make me vex undecided undecided

hahahaah bro how i take make u vex now

(1) (Reply)

Terry Praises Mikel ! / Week 27 Game / Premier League Spendind: Summer 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.