Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Re: Mtn Extra Mini Pro (*142#), With Mtn Beta Talk, Best Value For Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Re: Mtn Extra Mini Pro (*142#), With Mtn Beta Talk, Best Value For Money (2334 Views)

Redmi Note 9s Unboxing And In-depth Review - Best Value For Money? (photos) / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk / The Beginning Of The End Of Mtn Extra Time (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Mtn Extra Mini Pro (*142#), With Mtn Beta Talk, Best Value For Money by Etesam(m): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2016
I have compared call rates across divers plans amongs the various service providers.
No service provider offers better value for money than the Mtn Beta Talk combined with Extra Mini Pro (*142#).
The *142# is NOT a tariff plan.
It is a value plan where you can double or tripple the value of your airtime.
(Different subsribers are given different value packs at Mtn's discretion.)
In my estimation, the pack that offers #700 worth of airtime for #200 is the best pack.
Now, on my Beta Talk plan I get #500 naira bonus from a recharge of #200. Next I activate my Extra Mini Pro (*142#). The #200 in my main account is converted to #700 naira worth of airtime, giving me #1200 worth of airtime. Calls are charged at 40k/sec.

One does not realise the economy of this procedure until you compare how much worth of talk time #1000 can afford you, using the above described procedure.
[You are also given 20mb alongside the #700].
I used to be averse to any bonuses offered by network providers.
But after careful analysis, I came to know that the much-talked-about 11k/sec tariff plans can not compare to this procedure.
Not to bore you:
With Mtn Xtra Pro, calls are charged at 11k/sec, with #5 daily access fee. If you budget to use #1000 worth of airtime in a week, you will deduct #35 (for 7 days access fees). Next divide the difference (#965) by #6.6 (the value of per minute call on Mtn Xtra Pro).
Compare your answer to what you get when you divide #6000 (the value you get by using the above procedure) by #24 (cost of calls per minute).
Pls note that Mtn Xtra Pro is a tariff plan comparable to Airtel's Smart Talk or Glo's Gbam Plus; Mtn Extra Mini Pro is NOT a tariff plan, but a value pack.
Value pack lasts for 7 days with rollover of unused value appllicable.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Itel S32 LTE Vs Tecno Camon Cm / Spark4, Hot8, Camon12 Air, Samsung A20s Or S5 Lite / Samsung Galaxy M21 Price In Nigeria & Full Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.