Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers (15680 Views)

Police Dismiss Nine Senior Officers, Demote Six For Misconduct / The Nigerian Army Promotes 136 Officers To Generals [see List] / Nigerian Army Promotes 6,199 Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by josite: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2016
KillJoy62:
it is known d good guys don't get to the top, in the army an officer dat is good to soldiers hardly get to the top. but 4 d heartless, mean, wicked are always on the list to continue wat we call the army of darkness....
my friend you are very wrong, I have two friends in the army, both were colonels and it was the good one that was promoted to brig general and the bad one exited from the army. So u lie. Army promotes good officers.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2016
nwamehn:

If he is a Major Gen, then promoting him to Lt Gen will not be easy. Buratai is currently a Lt Gen, unless they will promote Buratai to Gen and then make him chief of defence staff.

Oh, I see. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by MONITZ: 10:08am On Dec 10, 2016
nextprince:

Exactly what I was about to say until I saw yours. Actually, from brig gen to gen and above, it is political (region and zone things), but for other ranks, it is purely based on meeting the requirements in terms of seniority on rank, having good records from unit etc. Some people are just in the habit of spreading falsehood.

Not falsehood really,rather u did just more of expatiation, so d guy was partially right.
It even goes to show that he knew a thing abt wat he said if not for any other thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2016
KillJoy62:

well take it or leave it dats d blunts truth, how well do u knw ur army? have u ever served in the army? as an other rank dey re slaves to officers, nd some act as bullies to der subordinates, but believe me wit wat u nd ur friend just said i knw u are just a civilian. as we say (who no come no go know wetin i see). if an officer is nice to soldiers he wld be treated like an outcast within der cycle. examples are d likes of capt hassan, col ee john nd ur present nsa maj gen mongunu, hw did dey end up?

Apparently, u are a soldier/rating/airman as the case may be (from ur narration).
The topic is about officers not soldiers pls and my comment is about officer's cadre. When I said "other ranks", I'm not referring to soldiers but ranks from 2nd Lt to Col, based on my argument.
Meanwhile, I will advise u to desist from this unprofessional act of misinforming the public, if truly u are a military personnel.
The idea of treating an officer like an outcast as a punishment for being nice to his soldiers is nothing but lies and this is mischief. Officers and men may be undergoing some unethical treatments but certainly not for the reason u highlighted above.
Officers are officers and soldiers are soldiers, non are slaves or masters to the others. In any organisation, there are junior and senior staff based on their respective entry qualifications/training. And instructions always flow from the senior staff to the junior staff, just that in the military, these instructions are passed with regimentality.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by Fash20: 10:32am On Dec 10, 2016
I know one of the officers. He stays in my barracks.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 10:33am On Dec 10, 2016
josite:
my friend you are very wrong, I have two friends in the army, both were colonels and it was the good one that was promoted to brig general and the bad one exited from the army. So u lie. Army promotes good officers.

God bless u. At least we still have informed and sincere people on this forum.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by PrimeEagle(m): 11:34am On Dec 10, 2016
Promoting the biggest thieves in this confuse country. Meanwhile, I have not been issued even a pair of uniform (212 Bn).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by PrimeEagle(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2016
This guy must be a beneficiary of this corrupt, useless, heartless Generals. Am a soldier, I know what am saying. So if u don't know about those thieves (Generals) keep quiet...
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by PrimeEagle(m): 11:45am On Dec 10, 2016
General are thieves

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by PrimeEagle(m): 11:48am On Dec 10, 2016
Army Generals are worse than a murderer or armed robbers

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by IdomaLikita: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2016
PrimeEagle. Pls remove those pictures, you are putting those men in Danger-abeg!
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by lastpage: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
That's a big lie. Except for Brigadier General to Major General, every other promotion in the commissioned officers cadre is automatic provided you meet all the requirements. Same applies to the Navy and Air Force.

Definitely NOT TRUE!

I personally know officers who have been Colonels for the past five years whose names are not on that list.
Two are just across the table as l type this!

Not unusual though, it is so, in the entire Nigerian system.

Lastpage!
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
lastpage:

Definitely NOT TRUE!

I personally know officers who have been Colonels for the past five years whose names are not on that list.

Lastpage!
I know what I'm talking about. I was in the system too. Have they attended the War College? They may have other issues which you are not aware of.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 12:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
lastpage:

Definitely NOT TRUE!

Lastpage!

Bro, the promotion is not automatic, regardless of the number of years for which they have been colonels. Many things are taken into consideration especially those bordering on loyalty.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by Elbowroom: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
fuckingAyaya:
90% northerners

Frog brain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by confiritch(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
nextprince:

Apparently, u are a soldier/rating/airman as the case may be (from ur narration).
The topic is about officers not soldiers pls and my comment is about officer's cadre. When I said "other ranks", I'm not referring to soldiers but ranks from 2nd Lt to Col, based on my argument.
Meanwhile, I will advise u to desist from this unprofessional act of misinforming the public, if truly u are a military personnel.
The idea of treating an officer like an outcast as a punishment for being nice to his soldiers is nothing but lies and this is mischief. Officers and men may be undergoing some unethical treatments but certainly not for the reason u highlighted above.
Officers are officers and soldiers are soldiers, non are slaves or masters to the others. In any organisation, there are junior and senior staff based on their respective entry qualifications/training. And instructions always flow from the senior staff to the junior staff, just that in the military, these instructions are passed with regimentality.
It is glaring that you do not know the ranks and classification of cadres in the Nigeria Army. Commissioned Officers (COs) starts from 2nd Lieutenant (Pronounced as "Leftenant"wink, while Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) commenced from a Private Soldier. Officers are COs and men/soldiers are NCOs.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by KillJoy62(m): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
nextprince:

so good den so try and visit any of der corp schools like nasi in jaji or nasa in katchia.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
confiritch:
It is glaring that you do not know the ranks and classification of cadres in the Nigeria Army. Commissioned Officers (COs) starts from 2nd Lieutenant (Pronounced as "Leftenant"wink, while Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) commenced from a Private Soldier. Officers are COs and men/soldiers are NCOs.

Bro, don't just comment where it is not necessary. What is there in my post that suggests my ignorance of the military ranks and classification?
Or u just want to let me know that u know the difference between commissioned and non commissioned officers? It is better u keep quiet sometimes rather than talking and end up making caricature of urself.
In the military, army for example, non commissioned officers are referred to as soldiers while the commissioned officers are simply referred to as officers. Same applies to navy and airforce. (Ratings and airmen for non commissioned while commissioned officers are simply called officers).
Now, did u see where I referred to the poster I had quoted as a soldier/rating/airman to let him know that I'm only talking about officer's cadre?

**even describing how a rank is pronounced**
Lol.

Infact, let me even ask u; who is a commissioned officer? Apart from rank, tell me what else qualifies a military personnel to be described as a commissioned officer. Since u have decided to answer questions u were not asked, pls answer the one u are asked.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
KillJoy62:
so good den so try and visit any of der corp schools like nasi in jaji or nasa in katchia.

Guy, relax. Don't compare what obtains in military training institutions with units. Have u ever heard of non fraternisation between instructors and students (both officers and men)?

It will interest u to know that both officers and men are instructors and students at the same time.
An instructor (officer or soldier) is not allowed to mingle with students (officers and men) cos standard may be compromised. I doubt if u are truly a military personnel, otherwise u wouldn't have been using training institutions as examples.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by whao: 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
Congratulations to my brother now Brigadier General D.D Danfulani. We on the Plateau are proud of you and pray God grant you more grace to carry on. I am sure even Jesus is proud of your service to him.

You have work hard in God's vineyard as a Rev and your promotion is worth it. May God crown you with excellence and a faithful servant reward.

I remember this day you insisted I should join the military to serve my Nation Nigeria and I said I am not ready to die now, in fact how I wish I listen to you 10years ago I would have been a major now but not withstanding I am doing my best as civil general and someday i will be the President of Nigeria as I pray and promise to do better than you.

We the MUPUN and the entire Mangu L.G in Plateau join you in thanking God for this grace.

Amen.
Can some one just click on LIKE as I celebrate my big brother and am sure God will promote you too in what ever you do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by KillJoy62(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
nextprince:

Guy, relax. Don't compare what obtains in military training institutions with units. Have u ever heard of non fraternisation between instructors and students (both officers and men)?

It will interest u to know that both officers and men are instructors and students at the same time.
An instructor (officer or soldier) is not allowed to mingle with students (officers and men) cos standard may be compromised. I doubt if u are truly a military personnel, otherwise u wouldn't have been using training institutions as examples.
wat November Alpha are u? cus u sound like a Yankee Sierra.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by nextprince: 2:44am On Dec 11, 2016
KillJoy62:
wat November Alpha are u? cus u sound like a Yankee Sierra.

Not NA bro, so I wouldn't know what you mean by YS.
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
Re: Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers by SirWhiteFish: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2019
aguiyi2:
This list seems balanced unlike that of the police promotions.
society has always been defined by numbers... You need to understand that at the helm, the police force is saturated by a particular section of the nation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immigration Service To Reinstate 2000 Sacked Personnel / How To Write Good CV With No Work Experience / Pay Our Salary Arrears, Teachers Beg Rivers Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.