Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges (2742 Views)

Treat People With Gunshot Wounds, Accident Victims Before Police Report-El Rufai / Graphic: Picture Of Bleeding Sheikh Zakzaky With Bullet Wounds And Swollen Face / Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Afam(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2007
Well, the Shia led, US Teleguided puppet government in Iraq is at the centre of another clearly avoidable blunder.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==

(CNN) -- A new video apparently showing Saddam Hussein after his execution with a gaping neck wound and facial bruising is posted on the Internet.

The footage, which appeared Monday, shows the former Iraqi dictator, apparently still wearing the white shirt and black coat he was hanged in, lying on a gurney covered with a white sheet.

The 27-second videotape, posted on www.liveleak.com, shows the camera approaching the gurney and someone pulling back the sheet to reveal the left side of Hussein's head.

In an accompanying audio track, one man appears to be urging the other to take a quick look and then leave.

The first man appears to be in charge, having just allowed a second man to enter the room with a video camera, which he may have mistaken for a still camera:

Man 1: "Quickly, quickly please, take one picture."

Man 2: "Yes, I hear you."

Man 1 (raising his voice when the video continues longer than a still shot would have required): "Come on, what's the matter?"

Man 2: "I hear you, I hear you."

Man 1 (to a third man): "Abu Ali, come on and deal with this."

Man 1 (apparently irritated over the length of time Man 2 is taking): "Come on, habibi , I'll say this one time politely otherwise I'm going to get real angry."

Man 2: "I hear you."

Habibi is a term of endearment used by men for each other.

The video is the second related to the hanging, which took place December 30.

A previous video of the hanging itself, apparently shot with a hand-held cell-phone camera, shows Hussein's executioners placing the noose behind his left ear, as called for in hanging protocols to ensure the spinal cord is severed. (Read full story)

Meanwhile, since the hanging protests against the death penalty have been staged from Italy to Jordan. (Watch people around the world denounce Hussein's hanging )

A protester in Rome told CNN she viewed Hussein's hanging the same as she would anyone else's -- saying the form of punishment is "below the international standard" of human rights.

Even in Iraq, mourners chanted, "By God, the president Saddam Hussein didn't bow to the Americans even in the last days of his life."

In Jordan, Hussein's eldest daughter Raghad told a crowd, "God bless you for honoring Saddam, the martyr."

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has previously defended the execution.

"The execution of the tyrant was not a political decision as the enemies of the Iraqi people say," said al-Maliki. "The verdict was implemented after a fair and transparent trial which the dictator never deserved."
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by BigB11(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2007
I was just about to eat my food right before watching the horrible video;now I've lost my appetite and not sure when it will be regained.

Thanks @ AFAM
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Hotter(m): 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2007
O guys what is happening in this Transcorp capitalisation? I hope guys are buying the shares
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 09, 2007
So the guy was apparently tortured. . . So much for people coming out to tell others what and what not to do prisoners.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Afam(m): 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2007
@Big B1,

Just take ice scream and forget the food.

What this goes to show is that there is a world of difference between what the media sells to us and what actually takes place, thanks to the internet.

I refused to watch the video because the taunting is enough to show what those guys could do to the man, even at the point of death.

It seems Gordon Brown is doing a U-Turn and I guess only the US and Iran will be the unlikely partners in the support for the rubbish that took place that they call justice.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by chidichris(m): 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2007
to u all that lost appetite after watching the video of sadam's hanging, pls continue that way and save the foods for others who have apetite.
fortunately for me, i watch a movie called flight 93 or unted 93 before the hanging incident so i just took the hanging as one kind of normal nigeria movie.
for those of u protesting the hanging, i hope u have arranged your protest materials against the hanging of osama bin laden any day anytime.
i am quiet sure that many of you see osama as their role model too so the earlier u start protesting his killing the better because he will surely be caugth one day.
those who think killing is not good for a man who has been killing without borders, i do pray that u be affected by their next actions at least that will make u have a more befitting feelings for ur heros
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 10, 2007
another US blunder

thanks to hunter BUSH
i wonder if there would stillbe free anima[b]n[/b]s by when he will be out of office
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by toshmann(m): 1:12am On Jan 10, 2007
Big B1:

I was just about to eat my food right before watching the horrible video;now I've lost my appetite and not sure when it's will be regained.
Thanks @ AFAM
abeg fast forward the food to cardiff. toshmann nova chop today. cheesy
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Jakumo(m): 6:00am On Jan 10, 2007
Big B1 if you travel Nigeria's roads and highways for more than a day or two, then you are bound to have seen human road-kill - unclaimed corpses, lying out in the sun along the roadside in various stages of putrefaction, so I am a bit surprised to hear that you lost your appetite over the sight of a neck injury.

Most Nigerians are very used to the sight of corpses lying around unclaimed for weeks on end, and are far too hungry to lose their appetites over any visual stimulus. You must lead a comparatively sheltered life when you are in Nigeria.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2007
I'm not really irritated per se, I'm just surprised to see that nobody is screaming human rights at all those injuries. If this happened in some African country, they would have been suspended from every known economic body on the basis of criminal torture.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by azorjiu(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2007
I was amazed when Blair said yesterday that saddam's "crime does not excuse his execution and his execution does not excuse his crime".

Wao, they all forgot human right and waited until after his execution to tell us how terrible it was.

Saddam was a living devil we all accept, but the manner he was executed remains completely unacceptable.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Sista(f): 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2007
That's pretty sick, what people are capable of doing to other people. No matter what that man did, what they did to him was the worst human humiliation anyone could ever do to someone in the name of justice. It's just sick.

Does anyone know what Saddam was saying?
It appeared he was saying something while they were going through the hanging process.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by BigB11(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ JAKUMO:

Posted by JAKUMO
Big B1 if you travel Nigeria's roads and highways for more than a day or two, then you are bound to have seen human road-kill - unclaimed corpses,  lying out in the sun along the roadside in various stages of putrefaction, so I am a bit surprised to hear that you lost your appetite over the sight of a neck injury.  

Most Nigerians are very used to the sight of corpses lying around unclaimed for weeks on end, and are far too hungry to lose their appetites over any visual stimulus.  You must lead a comparatively sheltered life when you are in Nigeria.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't get to see such thing.

Believe me, you only see what you want to see in Nigeria; it could definitely be avoided if you choose to!
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Afam(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2007
I guess that leaves only the US, Iran & Kuwait as the countries that do not see anything wrong with the blunder called execution.

I really pity the US as it allowed itself to be messed up by a president that seems not to understand anything around him but oil, bombs and wars not forgetting lies.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by BigB11(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ sista

He was praying
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by bioye(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2007
Jakumo:

Big B1 if you travel Nigeria's roads and highways for more than a day or two, then you are bound to have seen human road-kill - unclaimed corpses, lying out in the sun along the roadside in various stages of putrefaction, so I am a bit surprised to hear that you lost your appetite over the sight of a neck injury.

Most Nigerians are very used to the sight of corpses lying around unclaimed for weeks on end, and are far too hungry to lose their appetites over any visual stimulus. You must lead a comparatively sheltered life when you are in Nigeria.

Sir, be careful with the exaggerated propanganda you spread.   I've lived in Nigeria all my life especially Lagos.  What you claim might have been true decades ago but definitely not the case today.  Particularly, in my  last 13 years in Lagos, I have seen only 2 corpses on the road, and they were removed within a few hours.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by BigB11(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2007
@ BIOYE

Thank you very much.

Some people just like to say rubbish just for the sake of speaking.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by TayoD(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2007
@Donzman,

So the guy was apparently tortured

How did you come to this conclusion? Is it from that same video or you have been fed with more propaganda from another source? the last I know, hanging is a constitutional provision in iraq. That it hurst your sensibilities does not make you right. If you don't like it, pressure the Iraw people to change that law and not express sentiments to him who does not deserve it.

The hyposcrisy around the world about this hanging just pisses me off! Obviosuly t is politically motivated. Those who are shoutimg loudest about this killing are in the forefront of the mas killing we call abortion. Arent those lives sacred too?
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Afam(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2007
TayoD:

@Donzman,

How did you come to this conclusion? Is it from that same video or you have been fed with more propaganda from another source? the last I know, hanging is a constitutional provision in iraq. That it hurst your sensibilities does not make you right. If you don't like it, pressure the Iraw people to change that law and not express sentiments to him who does not deserve it.

Hanging someone will not bruise the face neither will it cause a deep wound on the person.

TayoD:

The hyposcrisy around the world about this hanging just pisses me off! Obviosuly t is politically motivated. Those who are shoutimg loudest about this killing are in the forefront of the mas killing we call abortion. Arent those lives sacred too?

First, it is either the world is seeing what you don't see or that you are seeing what the world don't see.

Abortion ke? How do you know the position of people complaining about the execution on abortion? Maybe I missed the poll or survey.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Jakumo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2007
Veering slightly off topic,  Big B's reminder that people only notice what they choose to notice is very true indeed.   In my travels throughout Nigeria by road, I simply lost count of the number of human corpses left out to rot alongside public highways and even city streets   Big B1 claims to have seen no roadside corpses and Bioye only noticed a couple in his Lagos neighborhood, so they both opt to brand my simple observations as "propaganda".    

Gentlemen if you prefer to pretend that such horrific sights do not exist in Nigeria, then by all means please continue to avert your eyes whenever your car passes another of those ubiquitous roadside "bundles".  I prefer to call it as it really is, no matter how ugly it is, and only those who visit or reside in Nigeria need be concerned about the truth that is known only too well to all who walk Nigerian soil.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by TayoD(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2007
The deep wound was obviously on his throat which is not too unexpected for someone that was hanged! I actually missed the scars on his face but one thing is sure, it must have been inflicted after his death and not before. he was in the same suit we saw on him when being hanged and there was no blood stains on his body.

And by the way, bruising a dead body is not called torture, it is called mutilation. In this regard, credit must be given to the United States for not handing him over soon enough to have him tourtured and neither leaving his corpse too long with the Iraqis to have him mutilated beyond recognition.

Of course we know the position of these people about abortion. How many have been done today without them batting an eye. Yet the lawful killing of a mass murderer is what they focus on because it gives them some political clout.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by BigB11(m): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2007
@JAKUMO

I'm just extremely sensitive when it comes to hearing anything negative about sweet Nigeria.

I am truly sorry for my ignorance.

One love.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Afam(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2007
TayoD:

The deep wound was obviously on his throat which is not too unexpected for someone that was hanged! I actually missed the scars on his face but one thing is sure, it must have been inflicted after his death and not before. he was in the same suit we saw on him when being hanged and there was no blood stains on his body.

Don't think I agree with you on deep wound on the throat not being too unexpected for someone that was hanged, the man was not slaughtered mind you. Even if the scars were inflicted after his death does it make it right?

TayoD:

And by the way, bruising a dead body is not called torture, it is called mutilation. In this regard, credit must be given to the United States for not handing him over soon enough to have him tourtured and neither leaving his corpse too long with the Iraqis to have him mutilated beyond recognition.

Credit must be given to the US for the reasons you stated? Na wah.

Don't worry the Iraqis are already giving the US enough credit on the streets of Baghdad.

TayoD:

Of course we know the position of these people about abortion. How many have been done today without them batting an eye. Yet the lawful killing of a mass murderer is what they focus on because it gives them some political clout.

Still, there is no way of showing that those that complain about the execution do support abortion until a poll or survey is carried out.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by TayoD(m): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2007
Even if the scars were inflicted after his death does it make it right?

No one said this was right. The U.S. treated Saddam with utmost respect and dignity when he was in their custody. How the U.S. is responsible for the action of the Iraqis still beats me.

Credit must be given to the US for the reasons you stated? Na wah.
Don't worry the Iraqis are already giving the US enough credit on the streets of Baghdad.

Perhaps you would have wanted the U.S. to dish it out to Saddam the same way he dished it out to the thousands he killed. That the U.S. kept him alive to receive the justice he denied to his people is of course laudable.

Still, there is no way of showing that those that complain about the execution do support abortion until a poll or survey is carried out.

The only way we know they are in opposition to Saddam's hangingb is the hypocritical noise they are making over our airwaves. If they are in opposition to abortion, we would hear the same noise over and over again. Can you imagine how many babies have been aborted between the time you posted and my response?
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Sista(f): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2007
@Big b1

Do you know where the footage is where one can hear him praying?
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by gaby(m): 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
Hey sista u can see the video below:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X8w_-9M5_SA
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2007
@Afam

Thanks for setting TayoD straight. How can you miss the injuries on the face?
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Sista(f): 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2007
Thank you Gaby, I couldn't understand what he was saying, let alone what anyone was saying. I sure would like to know exactly what was being said as the Saddam assassination took place.

Watching the Yotube was a sad thing to see.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by TayoD(m): 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2007
@Donzman,

You obviously missed the fact that 'torture' is an inapropriate word to use for someone who is already dead. You can only torture a live person. Saddam wasnt tortured. Someone, through zealousness may have inflicted some blows on his lifeless body but that does not amount to torture!
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Mariory(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2007
Sista:

I sure would like to know exactly what was being said as the Saddam assassination took place.

^ LOL

*rolleyes*
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2007
TayoD:

@Donzman,

You obviously missed the fact that 'torture' is an inapropriate word to use for someone who is already dead. You can only torture a live person. Saddam wasnt tortured. Someone, through zealousness may have inflicted some blows on his lifeless body but that does not amount to torture!

Come on man, what are you trying to say?. . . That the wounds came about after his death? That is ridiculous.

Chances are that he received the injuries before his death and let's assume it was his lifeless body that was punched, it still constitutes some sort of violation.
Re: Video Apparently Showing Hussein Wounds Emerges by TayoD(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2007
@Mariory,

Isn't it typical that they will say all such to prove that they are right? Now they are cleverly smuggling words to pull a wool over our eyes. They have substituted possible mutilation for torture, and an execution is now being called assassination. What next?!  undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Quoted In Toronto Star, Canada ---congrat Seun & Nairalanders / I Refuse To Be A Surrogate President, Jonathan / Borno Creates Jobs To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.