Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? (1515 Views)

HP Pavilion Dv4 (350g,4gram) / My Recent Observation About HP Laptop Battery / All You Needs To Know About Hp Pavillion G6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2016
I just bought a uk used one for myself and I don't know anything about laptops. I just wanna know whether it's a good choice. Pls let me know so I can quickly return it before it's too late thanks....
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by daniska3yaro(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2016
Its a nice,strong,durable laptop u will enjoy it,if only u can avoid it from overheating by putting paper or book under it,when using it ontop of mattress or anywhere the aint enough ventilation for the fan,and always shut it off wen not in use.
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by buygala(m): 9:00am On Dec 10, 2016
Search for the laptop's model number at its bottom or beneath it's battery. ..

Search for it on Google.com

Read up on the laptop's specs and user reviews on as many sites as you can... most importantly the laptop's Hp spec page, CNET com, laptopmag.com, etc
.... that will give you a more detailed and comprehensive heads-up on the laptop.

That's stuff I advice anyone buying a laptop to do before paying for it ... get its model number and research online, so you can make a more informed choice smiley

1 Like

Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2016
Is it the AMD or Intel u bought?

it's a good choice though but it parts are expensive, well if you're the careful type you have nothing to worry about..

Just don't over charge or plug in light over night, don't hibernate for longer time, if it's an AMD laptop don't do too much of graphic work on it..

good choice, it is strong and rugged
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2016
Thanks guys
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2016
@udemzy it's the intel
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2016
pinkybutter:
@udemzy it's the intel
cool,enjoy ya laptop
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 10:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
You guys should not say my wahala is too much o. The thing is that I shut the system down at 33% last nite and I tried to on it this morning but it didn't come up. So I felt it was ba3 problem and I took it back, they replaced the ba3 and it came up. I got home now to charge it but it not showing any sign of charging. I tried my charger on my brother's laptop and it worked, he tried his charger on my laptop it didn't work. So just so confused rite now! Thinking of changing the laptop to another one entirely, any suggestion for a good laptop plz?
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 11, 2016
pinkybutter:
You guys should not say my wahala is too much o. The thing is that I shut the system down at 33% last nite and I tried to on it this morning but it didn't come up. So I felt it was ba3 problem and I took it back, they replaced the ba3 and it came up. I got home now to charge it but it not showing any sign of charging. I tried my charger on my brother's laptop and it worked, he tried his charger on my laptop it didn't work. So just so confused rite now! Thinking of changing the laptop to another one entirely, any suggestion for a good laptop plz?

Right from day one it seems you didn't really like the laptop, lol. my question is before leaving their office did u test the ba3 well?

remove the ba3 and plug in your charger and see if the laptop will come up, if not then something is wrong but if it comes up then the new ba3 is bad.
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2016
udemzy101:

Right from day one it seems you didn't really like the laptop, lol. my question is before leaving their office did u test the ba3 well?

remove the ba3 and plug in your charger and see if the laptop will come up, if not then something is wrong but if it comes up then the new ba3 is bad.
i really like the laptop. And when they changed the ba3 I didn't try it with charger. They just turn it on and off twice.
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2016
pinkybutter:

i really like the laptop. And when they changed the ba3 I didn't try it with charger. They just turn it on and off twice.

mistake, you should have connect ur charger to see the ba3 is OK, the ba3 power on the laptop doesn't mean it is OK, I'll advice u take it back.

This time, tell them to test it for u make sure it increases from sososo percentage to another percentage and see the way it reduces too
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2016
udemzy101:

mistake, you should have connect ur charger to see the ba3 is OK, the ba3 power on the laptop doesn't mean it is OK, I'll advice u take it back.

This time, tell them to test it for u make sure it increases from sososo percentage to another percentage and see the way it reduces too
Thanks will take it back 2mr.
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by nams77: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2017
pinkybutter:

Thanks will take it back 2mr.
Hello. Did you still retain the pavilion dv 4. Someone is pitching it to me so I can purchase it but I am yet to go for physical inspection
Re: Those Anyone Know About Hp Pavilion Dv4 Entertainment Laptop ? by pinkybutter(f): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Yes still using it.

(1) (Reply)

My Laptop Hang Unnecessary. Any Solution Pls / US Used HP Elitebook 840 G2 Core I7 / Used Macbook Pro For Sale At 55k -sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.