Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,131 members, 7,842,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh (1807 Views)

"Photos Of Luxury Vehicles Acquired By Jammeh In His Final Days" / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by MONITZ: 9:51am On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

Very insightful reasoning but let me ask you a question.
Could it be that African leaders and Africa in general are yet to define the form of leadership that best suits the people.?
Could it be that democracy is a wrong system of governance for Africa?

I think the answer to ur question is a big YES.

Bt then there is nowhere in the world freedom is easily given esp by the oppressor, the oppressed has to fight to get it.The whites also know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and so over time they ve been able to come up with ideas and means of checking government excesses.

I think the Americans ve wat they call the 2nd Amendment which grants them the right to bear and keep arms and must not be infringed upon.

In some countries, once a citizen gets to the age of 18,he is made to undergo some compulsory military trainings and drills, he is even taught how to handle military rifles and the rest,so that wen they re in a state of war, he could be called upon as a reservist.

Now with these two examples that I ve given,if it is time for u to quit office as a president,would u still want u to seat tight? Wen u know that majority of the population can handle big military stuffs, u won't want to risk it and engage in any shenanigan of seating tight. A civilised man in a civilised settings would do anything to protect his family and freedom.

Most African countries don't ve these kinds of schemes, even the N. Y. S. C sef na sham, they won't teach u the proper military drills because the leaders know they re evil.They know that a gun in the hands of a man is raw power..

Methinks every country needs to check wat system is best for her,i know the indirect and age grade systems worked well in the north and east respectively.Likewise the iron fist rule for Arabs. So democracy is alien to us and we don't seem to want to adapt to it in a hurry..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2016
MONITZ:

by then there is nowhere in the world is freedom easily given esp by the oppressor, the oppressed has to fight to get it.The whites also know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and so over time they ve been able to come up with ideas and means of checking government excesses.

I think the Americans ve wat they call the 2nd Amendment which grants them the right to bear and keep arms and must not be infringed upon.

In some countries, once a citizen gets to the age of 18,he is made to undergo some compulsory military trainings and drills, he is even taught how to handle military rifles and the rest,so that wen they re in a state of war, he could be called upon as a reservist.

Now with these two examples that I ve given,if it is time for u to quit office as a president,would u still want u to seat tight? Wen u know that majority of the population can handle big military stuffs, u won't want to risk it and engage in any shenanigan of seating tight. A civilised man in a civilised settings would do anything to protect his family and freedom.

Most African countries don't ve these kinds of schemes, even the N. Y. S. C sef na sham, they won't teach u the proper military drills because the leaders know they re evil.They know that a gun in the hands of a man is raw power..

Methinks every country needs to check wat system is best for her,i know the indirect and age grade systems worked well in the north and east respectively.Likewise the iron fist rule for Arabs. So democracy is alien to us and we don't seem to want to adapt to it in a hurry..

We can find a way to get the best form of government if the masses can rise up and fight for freedom. But that is more of talk to us. Because we are enmeshed in fear and slave mentality
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 11:30am On Dec 11, 2016
MONITZ:
@panafrican, a lot of people either don't know wat actually led to Gbagbo's fall or re just too numb to want to admit.

The whites re always quick to pull down any African leader who refuses to be used. If u take a look at how Thomas Sankara was killed by his treacherous friend in the person of Blaise Composite, u will see the hands of France all over the plot.They were not comfortable with his policy of emancipating his country.

The funny thing is that Sankara was the only military president in the whole of Africa then that the Abami Eda (FELA) liked despite his hatred for military governments prolly because of his approach to governance and his pro-masses policies.

As long as u re on the seat and u do the bidding of the colonial masters then there will be no problem bt the moment u try to deviate,u become marked.The French re even more guilty in this regard.

Ask yourself why the Eyadema's dynasty still exists till date without a whimper of protest from France.

Also take ur mind back to wat played out in Zimbabwe some years back with regards to white farmers and the large hectares of land they owned. because of this they re waiting to drag Mugabe before the I. C. C and he has already told them that he would rather die on the seat than see his ass taken before any court @ the Hague...

I am still watching to see how this Gambia's imbroglio pans out because this man(Yaya Jameh) is no longer a signatory to the I. C. C Act,a court which they feel only African leaders deserve to be taken....As far as I am concerned, Bush and Blair more than deserve to be hauled before the court too,no animal farm treatment should be welcomed...

Do you think that the new crop of President in sub Sahara Africa are doing enough in transforming African leadership. A recent example of Ghana and Nigeria were the incumbent called the opposition to congratulate the winner of the election. Is this a way forward for the continent?
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by MONITZ: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

We can find a way to get the best form of government if the masses can rise up and fight for freedom. But that is more of talk to us. Because we are enmeshed in fear and slave mentality

Yeah, bt it's not that easy,reason being that @ the end of the whole thing, u will still find usurpers usurping the end result and which will ultimately take us back to where we started from.

A typical example is the democracy we claim to ve now, a lot of these present crops of politicians didn't know how it came abt and those who did cannot claim to ve occupied any sensible position,apart from Tinubu and some few south western politicians of NADECO extraction that actually became governors, others were shoved aside.So I feel nobody wants to die for any cause wen u can as well be on the sidelines and go for the kill at the right time.

Who remembers Gani, Enahoro, Fela, Beko anymore? Also look at Hell Rufai and Shehu Sani, I ve always known Sani as a Human Rights crusader from way back bt not the other man,today Hell Rufai who contributed zilch is governor and is now acting lord of the manor.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

Do you think that the new crop of President in sub Sahara Africa are doing enough in transforming African leadership. A recent example of Ghana and Nigeria were the incumbent called the opposition to congratulate the winner of the election. Is this a way forward for the continent?
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 2:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
sirfee:
Lol tell me which race would you prefer or choose.
Any race other than black African
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

Any race other than black African
Hmmm!do you prefer to be a mongoloid?Please I'm not discriminating.
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
sirfee:
Hmmm!do you prefer to be a mongoloid?Please I'm not discriminating.
Mongoloid countries are they not better than Nigeria
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
ourema:

Mongoloid countries are they not better than Nigeria
Not all,do you want Bangladesh?
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
Not all,do you want Bangladesh?
At least we import rice from Bangladesh
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2016
LalasticlAlA move this to Frontpage
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by sirfee(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2016
ourema:

grin
ourema:

Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 11:28am On Dec 12, 2016
MONITZ:

Bt then there is nowhere in the world freedom is easily given esp by the oppressor, the oppressed has to fight to get it.The whites also know that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and so over time they ve been able to come up with ideas and means of checking government excesses.

Do you think that the new crop of President in sub Sahara Africa are doing well in the advancement of democracy in Africa?
The likes of GEJ and now in Ghana where the incumbent called the opposition to congratulate him on the election victory?
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by MONITZ: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
ourema:

Do you think that the new crop of President in sub Sahara Africa are doing well in the advancement of democracy in Africa?
The likes of GEJ and now in Ghana where the incumbent called the opposition to congratulate him on the election victory?

Yeah, they re trying bt the problem always is sustaining it..
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
MONITZ:

Sustainable political reforms can only be possible in Sub Sahara Africa when the people decide to create political parties with deep rooted African culture ideologies. This is lacking as you can see in the various political parties established by the people
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2016
MONITZ:

Sustainable political reforms can only be possible when African change their mentality. This is easier said than done
Re: Respect The Ballot Verdict, ECOWAS, UN Tell Jammeh by ourema(f): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
Mod move this article to fp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch What US Drone Caught Two Muslims Doing To Their Sheep In Afghanistan! / Watch TB Joshua Prophesied That Russia Will Win Ukraine War But Suffer Economi / South Africa The Epicenter Of Drugs Abuse, Rape, Massive Violence And Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.