Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] (28753 Views)

Poll: And the Winner is?

Nigeria: 95% (85 votes)
Switzerland: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by okunoba(m): 2:58am On Nov 16, 2009
we lost the match not because of Okoro, but because of the selfish playing style of the whole team. The Swiss team played more like a team, proving the obvious, football is a team sport.

Anyone that thinks the Swiss players are over age like their Nigerian counterparts obviously as never lived in Europe
nor understand how things work over here. In countries like Switzerland and germany kids there are usually taller and older looking than African kids because of nutrition, similar to agric chicken and local ones. Also record keeping is standard practice in Europe, especially birth and educational records.

Sorry mates not all countries have a culture of cheating 4 everything and anything like Nigerians
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by SeXyBoNE: 3:37am On Nov 16, 2009
@Brutal. If its the same match that i watched yesterday, then i am sorry, i think you need to go n see a doctor probably to check if there is any problem with your sight.

From the start of the match to the end, Okoro played as if he was told Emma is an enemy of progress. Emmanuel created mor chances than he did, Emma even tried to play fair by supplying Okoro with some good passes, but the ever angry face Okoro refused to play with him.

It was so glarin that Okoro has his own plans aside what the coach told them, i was very very dissapointed and stunned.

Its a shame that nofin works in this country tho
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by supereagle(m): 4:29am On Nov 16, 2009
Emmanuel Sanni is better as super sub. The coach shud av used his former tatics.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by adino(m): 4:59am On Nov 16, 2009
@okunoba
we lost the match not because of Okoro, but because of the selfish playing style of the whole team. The Swiss team played more like a team, proving the obvious, football is a team sport.

Anyone that thinks the Swiss players are over age like their Nigerian counterparts obviously as never lived in Europe
nor understand how things work over here. In countries like Switzerland and germany kids there are usually taller and older looking than African kids because of nutrition, similar to agric chicken and local ones. Also record keeping is standard practice in Europe, especially birth and educational records.

Sorry mates not all countries have a culture of cheating 4 everything and anything like Nigerians

Abeg tell them jare. Most Nigerians are blind to the truth, they always justify lies with silly excuses. I think most posters in Nairaland, just like most Nigerians should just go and learn about age record keeping especially in Western European and Northern American countries. Those guys do not joke with it.
I celebrate with the Swiss team, God will never allow the truth to perish. I think Nigeria should learn to start using players with their true age, otherwise we will always have problems with the arthritis infested super chickens. Please fellow Nigerians stop cheating with your age in football, job application, marriage, politics and every other things. I always wonder why Nigerians hate to hear the truth. Nairaland is in fact showing the true Nigerian picture with many useless, foolish,unreasonable and sad posts allowed especially in the political section. Seun should know that people log on from different parts of the world. Moderators wake up or nairaland will soon lose it completely.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 16, 2009
The only pleasant thing about this is TBJ's explanation. . . .Looking forward to it
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by location(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2009
OOOO! i really see it as judgement day for Nigeria and Nigerians alike as our so called players are said to be far above 17years of age. infact i learnt that some are even close to 30 years. what a big shame, moreso i think the idea of putting Emmanuel Sani at the very 1st half contributed to the woe of the finals for the team
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by princekevo(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2009
Una still dey cry?
Blaming age this age that as God was dead when they it south korea.
All is this bulshits is becoz they lost. No one even expected this guys to be at the final.
Those who think is easy to groom players form different clubs within a short period of time and attain tht level of playing finals should apply for Nigerian coach. Though they lost becoz of their selfishness infront of goal, that is to tell us their lack of experience as home base players they are.
Despite they lost last, with these boys groomed together i see a brighter future for Nigerian football.

For those ranting abt their age below is what even the BBC said abt the team.

Cheating scandal

The Golden Eaglets - Nigeria's youth team - have been through intense pressure in the run-up to the competition.

Just weeks before kick-off, they were hit by an age-cheating scandal.

There were accusations players had lied about their age - and the authorities were forced to carry out medical checks.

A number were found to be too old, and they were thrown out of the squad.

A different team was scrambled at the last minute.

They produced a string of fiery performances on the pitch - beating Honduras, Argentina, New Zealand, South Korea, and Spain.

In spite of the age-cheating furore, Nigerians have been able to take comfort and pride from the Eaglets as they fought their way through to the final.

"We got silver," Mo Ojeh told me, over her drink.

"It's painful, so people will be crying. But we took silver. I am so proud

So you guys should go and hang yourselves for all we care.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by princekevo(m): 6:34am On Nov 16, 2009
OOOO! i really see it as judgement day for Nigeria and Nigerians alike as our so called players are said to be far above 17years of age. infact i learnt that some are even close to 30 years. what a big shame, moreso i think the idea of putting Emmanuel Sani at the very 1st half contributed to the woe of the finals for the team

So where was the so called judgement day when lifted the trophy in South Korea 2years ago?
Where was it when they won it 3 times?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by unclebros: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2009
I knew those boys were going to pay for thier selfish attitude when they are in front of the goal post. Can you imagine we could have won the match with at least 2 goals in the first half when we had good chances. But selfishness and urge to impress made them loose the match. We were better than the swiss but our boys are very selfish, okoro and Emmanuel are major culprits
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by unclebros: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2009
I knew those boys were going to pay for thier selfish attitude when they are in front of the goal post. Can you imagine we could have won the match with at least 2 goals in the first half when we had good chances. But selfishness and urge to impress made them loose the match. We were better than the swiss but our boys are very selfish, okoro and Emmanuel are major culprits
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nimshi: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2009
Fantastic result!

Shame on the cheats.

Fantastic Swiss Under-17s.

grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by semid(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2009
The fact is Stanley Okoro and to some extent Sanni Emmanuel were too individualistic and selfish in front of goal yesterday. We should have been up by at least 2 goals in the 1st half if not for their selfish play. Stanley Okoro in particular formed 'Landlord' with the ball and shot at goal when he should have passed to Sanni Emmanuel who was in a better scoring position.
I played football for a few amateur teams and I know for a fact that even amongst teams, cliqs do exist. ie certain midfielders only pass to a particular striker and stuff like that. Okoro exhibited this trait of selfishness and 'na only me sabi play' right from day one and it cost us dearly yesterday. In our previous matches, there were so many times the coach was visibly fuming and angry because Okoro refused to pass so I'm just surprised the coaches allowed him to carry on with it for so long. After all said and said, I'm particular happy Okoro did not win any of the individual awards.
Without taking anything away from the other players, the positives for me in this team were the captain, Azeez, Ajagun & Emmanuel.

I'm not sad becos I got the big öne - The South Africa 2010 World Cup ticket.
Congrats Nigeria.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by semid(m): 7:34am On Nov 16, 2009
The fact is Stanley Okoro and to some extent Sanni Emmanuel were too individualistic and selfish in front of goal yesterday. We should have been up by at least 2 goals in the 1st half if not for their selfish play. Stanley Okoro in particular formed 'Landlord' with the ball and shot at goal when he should have passed to Sanni Emmanuel who was in a better scoring position.
I played football for a few amateur teams and I know for a fact that even amongst teams, cliqs do exist. ie certain midfielders only pass to a particular striker and stuff like that. Okoro exhibited this trait of selfishness and 'na only me sabi play' right from day one and it cost us dearly yesterday. In our previous matches, there were so many times the coach was visibly fuming and angry because Okoro refused to pass so I'm just surprised the coaches allowed him to carry on with it for so long. After all said and said, I'm particular happy Okoro did not win any of the individual awards.
Without taking anything away from the other players, the positives for me in this team were the captain, Azeez, Ajagun & Emmanuel.

I'm not sad becos I got the big öne - The South Africa 2010 World Cup ticket.
Congrats Nigeria.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Nimshi: 7:36am On Nov 16, 2009
semid:
, the positives for me in this team were the captain, Azeez, Ajagun & Emmanuel.

The Captain? Fortune Chukwudi? The fellow who's been playing in league level football for 8 years? The one whom Adokiye Amiesimaka revealed is at least 25 years old? The one with that face?? Positive??

Na real wah.

Up Swill Under-17s. Great victory.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by unclebros: 7:38am On Nov 16, 2009

OUR LAND, THIER CUP grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by countdown2: 7:52am On Nov 16, 2009
Hahahahha, we try sha, happiness comes, sadness overtakes it, thats the way it works attimes.

Besides if u lost to kenya yesterday, and you won the cup today, which one would have been better, i think the qualifiers was better. Nija pple take heart.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by unclebros: 8:09am On Nov 16, 2009

OUR LAND, THIER CUP  grin grin grin
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mikeness: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2009
ONE WORD FROM ME TO NIGERIANS.IN EVERY CAREER U R INTO NO MATTER HOW GOOD U R IN THAT CAREER NEVER LET PRAISE GO INTO YOUR HEAD OTHERWISE U WILL FALL.I KNOW FOR THE FIRST 20MIN OF PLAY THE Golden Eaglets IS GOING TO FALL.I PERSONALY PITY Stanley Okoro AT HIS AGE HE STILL NOT KNOW THE RULES OF LIFE.HE SAID IS BEST IS YET TO BE PLAYED.HE THINKS LIFE IS ALL ABOUT BRAGING.FORMING LANDLORD ON THE PITCH.NA ME PLAY PASS.TRYING TO IMPRESS EVERYBODY.I LAUGH AT HIM BECAUSE WHAT BUSINESS NIGERIANS HAVE WITH HIM EXCEPT THE CUP.NO DOUBT THAT NIGERIANS R FAR BETTER THAN THE SWIZZ PLAYERS BUT WITH STANLEY OKORO UPFRONT NIGERIA CAN NEVER WIN THAT GAME.I AM SO HAPPY THAT FINALLY STANLEY OKORO TOOK NOTHING HOME.WHAT A SHAME AND PITY ON HIM.HE SHOULD GO AND START FROM SQUARE ONE AGAIN AND LEARN TO BE HIMSELF.THAT IS MY MESSAGE TO HIM.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by countdown2: 8:14am On Nov 16, 2009
mikeness:

ONE WORD FROM ME TO NIGERIANS.IN EVERY CAREER U R INTO NO MATTER HOW GOOD U R IN THAT CAREER NEVER LET PRAISE GO INTO YOUR HEAD OTHERWISE U WILL FALL.I KNOW FOR THE FIRST 20MIN OF PLAY THE Golden Eaglets IS GOING TO FALL.I PERSONALY PITY Stanley Okoro AT HIS AGE HE STILL NOT KNOW THE RULES OF LIFE.HE SAID IS BEST IS YET TO BE PLAYED.HE THINKS LIFE IS ALL ABOUT BRAGING.FORMING LANDLORD ON THE PITCH.NA ME PLAY PASS.TRYING TO IMPRESS EVERYBODY.I LAUGH AT HIM BECAUSE WHAT BUSINESS NIGERIANS HAVE WITH HIM EXCEPT THE CUP.NO DOUBT THAT NIGERIANS R FAR BETTER THAN THE SWIZZ PLAYERS BUT WITH STANLEY OKORO UPFRONT NIGERIA CAN NEVER WIN THAT GAME.I AM SO HAPPY THAT FINALLY STANLEY OKORO TOOK NOTHING HOME.WHAT A SHAME AND PITY ON HIM.HE SHOULD GO AND START FROM SQUARE ONE AGAIN AND LEARN TO BE HIMSELF.THAT IS MY MESSAGE TO HIM.

Thats true bro, can everybody go about their business now? Its a monday morning abegee.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mikeness: 8:18am On Nov 16, 2009
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Freestyl(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2009
Those guys were too self-interested, everybody wanted to score. they did not play as a team. The U17 coach made a very bid mistake by starting Emmanuel (14), the guy is a super sub. he should have started Kayode instead.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mreds: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2009
Good points from every1. I just want 2 ask a question, "Has any good come out of the Abuja National stadium?" starting with d friendly against brazil in 2003,all africa games final,major qualifiers,dis last match,etc. OR if there is any,pls let me know. I hope John Obuh wont be anoda sia1 by winning silver medals, Uhm! Keeping fingers crossed,
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by sayso: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2009
This is what you get from cheating.When you think you are enjoying your time,it will be taking away from you.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by adexchamp(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2009
Don't cry over split milk my fellow countrymen,i guess we lost to a better side that know how to develop truthful youth football not age cheats like our own golden chickens, sorry eaglets, LOL
Well anyway coah John Obuh never promised to lift the cup when the competition kicks off so i think we should just go back to the drawing board and do things right the way it should be done.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by Christino(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2009
I don't know of 1 single Nigerian player that'd play crap at the Surulere Stadium and get away with it. Whenever you exit the dugout in our green and white with all the Agberos inside and outside, you dare not leave without a win.

Congrats to Sani Emmanuel but he wouldn't have been that selfish had he played in Lagos.

Nations cup qualifiers, Under-17 whatever, do not play in Abuja. For serious games bring the chickens down to Lagos. For Circus games and friendlies, go to Abuja where the Clown is our King.

The fear of the mob is the beginning of winning.

BTW: Our eaglets will go a very long way, graduate into under -21 then under 23 and then join the tired pensioners and retired legs called Super Eagles. I wish them good luck all the way. Azeez and Paul, my best players by miles.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by adexchamp(m): 8:45am On Nov 16, 2009
Don't cry over split milk my fellow countrymen,i guess we lost to a better side that know how to develop truthful youth football not age cheats like our own golden chickens, sorry eaglets, LOL
Well anyway coach John Obuh never promised to lift the cup when the competition kicks off so i think we should just go back to the drawing board and do things right the way it should be done.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by sayso: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2009
This is what you get from cheating.When you think you are enjoying your time,it will be taking away from you.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by emiemi(f): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2009
Upon all the 'ojoro'! Y'all see that wayo no pay but honesty is da best policy. tongue
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by emiemi(f): 9:21am On Nov 16, 2009
Upon all the 'ojoro'! Y'all see that wayo no pay but honesty is da best policy. tongue
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2009
Now, let the nations cup begins, Nigeria hosted well and ending up in the second place is worth a while.
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then?
Re: U-17 World Cup Final: Switzerland Vs Nigeria [1 - 0] by mrofficial(m): 9:34am On Nov 16, 2009
Selfish play, why do they train then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Joseph Yobo Presenting Nigerian Jersey To Prince Charles In Lagos / Amarachi Nwankwo Celebrates Her 30th Birthday Today / FG Prohibits Exclusivity Rights In Sports Broadcasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.