Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,591 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander (2804 Views)

Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes / Pictures from The Bank War Happening On Twitter / This Is What N100 Broom In Ondo Looks Like. The Hardship Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Sammiejokes(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2016
Last week my office gave her staff the customary end of the year gift. one of it was a bag of rice, I took it home , poured a portion of it in a bowl and I started eating the rice even before Xmas. I was shocked when my colleagues told me the rice was made in nigeria I was on disbelieve because the rice was totally the normal rice I have been eating for years. I am elated that I can witness this in a country Nigeria. I hope this is sustained and nigeria shall be great again. I stay here in Lagos and we have been reading about lake rice also coming in on DEC 15.
God bless everyone having sleepless night to ensure this country is self sufficient.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by iluvdonjazzy: 11:21am On Dec 11, 2016
thanks
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Sammiejokes(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2016
iluvdonjazzy:
thanks
yeah this are worthy of testimonies not praise God I left from Lagos to abuja many died but am alive. God want to see our good works

4 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Mujaheeeden: 11:26am On Dec 11, 2016
How much is the rice compared to foreign one
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Sammiejokes(m): 11:32am On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
How much is the rice compared to foreign one
I have to confirm the price because it was a gift from my work place but am sure for my office to go for it. it is cost saving than the foreign one. this is also a business opportunity as distributors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Caseless: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2016
Sai baba!

5 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by drcyn: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2016
Stallion is the expensive brand of made in Nigeria rice.
It is made in Nigeria but expensive.
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by topelenege: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2016
That's funny.
We have been eating this same rice since February. No stone, taste fresh and delicious for Jollof rice. smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Mujaheeeden: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Sammiejokes:

I have to confirm the price because it was a gift from my work place but am sure for my office to go for it. it is cost saving than the foreign one. this is also a business opportunity as distributors.
A 50kg of local rice is 18k while that of foreign is 20k and you expect me to buy local rice undecided

The politicians should love Nigeria more before i will join the bandwagon
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Sammiejokes(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
A 50kg of local rice is 18k while that of foreign is 20k and you expect me to buy local rice undecided

so because it is local it should be sold at loss. What has politician got to do with pricing. bros this is a Nigerian creation and we should rejoice cause the future for diversification is before us.

7 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Mujaheeeden: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
Sammiejokes:

so because it is local it should be sold at loss. What has politician got to do with pricing. bros this is a Nigerian creation and we should rejoice cause the future for diversification is before us.
Why should i buy Nigeria product when the foreign substitute is within my means and I'm getting value for my money

Nigeria Rice is for the low income earners and i can bet you that No politicians eats Nigeria rice a home

Let the Change Begin With Them
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by kurt09(m): 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
I'm elated. Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Bari22: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Why should i buy Nigeria product when the foreign substitute is within my means and I'm getting value for my money

Nigeria Rice is for the low income earners and i can bet you that No politicians eats Nigeria rice a home

low income earners?

4 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by donphilopus: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

And with this kinda thinking, you'd expect people to buy innoson products?

8 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by malton: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice one.

I hope they sustain the tempo.

Up next is industrial revolution. The manufacturing sector needs a face-lift.

1 Like

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by ekanDamie: 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

you lack sense.

it's obvious, u will always be a salary earner till u pass out cos if u have any atom
of entrepreneurial spirit in u, u wunt open ur mouth to blab.
the fact that we can't produce rice cheaper than the imports does not mean it will never be cheaper, it only means we have not achieved the level of industrialization the foreign products enjoyed.
if u patronize local products, and dey enjoy much profit from sales, dey will expand and more volume means less cost of production.

and also dummy, d fact that a product is foreign does not mean it's better than d local, even if it is, d fact that a white child comes first in ur child class, does DAT mean u should disown ur child? d only option u have as a good father is to support ur child and dats what u have to do to locally made products

I can educate u more on d value of local made products even if dey are more expensive and little less inferior, dey create jobs cos all stages of production will be carried out by youths who would have been unemployed if it were imported

try and open ur brain to many more advantages, support ur own and stop disgracing ur intellect here.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by MutantMetahuman: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
Rice is still 20k

Christmas is almost here and you are talking rice revolution.

Metchew.

1 Like

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

did they swear for your type to forbade farming or your hands are paralysed that you can't farm? Those at the farm no b human being like you?

Go and farm and bring it to us to buy for 5000 naira na.

Some people are big for nothing without considering factors that affect cost. You think being educated is all about reading and writing?

Shiooor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

your reasoning is too poor and warped.

2 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
Rice is still 20k

Christmas is almost here and you are talking rice revolution.

Metchew.
bros, if you have enough money, come and buy 3 bags for 14k each. I will tell you where to get it. I priced it myself 2 days ago.

2 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
ekanDamie:

you lack sense.

it's obvious, u will always be a salary earner till u pass out cos if u have any atom
of entrepreneurial spirit in u, u wunt open ur mouth to blab.
the fact that we can't produce rice cheaper than the imports does not mean it will never be cheaper, it only means we have not achieved the level of industrialization the foreign products enjoyed.
if u patronize local products, and dey enjoy much profit from sales, dey will expand and more volume means less cost of production.

and also dummy, d fact that a product is foreign does not mean it's better than d local, even if it is, d fact that a white child comes first in ur child class, does DAT mean u should disown ur child? d only option u have as a good father is to support ur child and dats what u have to do to locally made products

I can educate u more on d value of local made products even if dey are more expensive and little less inferior, dey create jobs cos all stages of production will be carried out by youths who would have been unemployed if it were imported

try and open ur brain to many more advantages, support ur own and stop disgracing ur intellect here.
you get time o. He is among the educated illiterates that span the length and breath of this country.

3 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Mujaheeeden: 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
2sexycom:
your reasoning is too poor and warped.
I'm not buying nor eating local rice until our politicians start eating it
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by ekanDamie: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
2sexycom:
you get time o. He is among the educated illiterates that span the length and breath of this country.
that's y I had to go thru d stress of giving him a little education so his life n brain can improve, that's if he will value it tho.
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by OAUTemitayo: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
2sexycom:
bros, if you have enough money, come and buy 3 bags for 14k each. I will tell you where to get it. I priced it myself 2 days ago.
Bro please hint me
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by OAUTemitayo: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
I'm not buying nor eating local rice until our politicians start eating it
Receive sense

2 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Bro please hint me
I can't say if the sales girl misquoted ooo but she did say 14k when I asked on my way from Shiloh. Are you close to Sango? If yes, let me know and I will direct u.

2 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
ekanDamie:

that's y I had to go thru d stress of giving him a little education so his life n brain can improve, that's if he will value it tho.
lol. So the one he went to is waste fa? Chai... I will like to have such students grin
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Mujaheeeden: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
[b][/b]
OAUTemitayo:
Receive sense

My money.

My Choice

You are still a student so you can be swayed by this government propaganda

Hope you enjoyed your 2mins fame. I won't reply you again
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by Sammiejokes(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
[b][/b]

My money.

My Choice

You are still a student so you can be swayed by this government propaganda

Hope you enjoyed your 2mins fame. I won't reply you again
This is not propaganda this is rice produced from A-Z in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by MutantMetahuman: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
2sexycom:
Re: The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander by 2sexycom(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
MutantMetahuman:
Lola bus stop, off Idiriko Road, Sango Otta. When you stop at Lola bus stop, there is fabrication shop there. The compound on the right while facing the lola fabrication workshop, is where you have the rice shop. They sell paints and have 3 bags of rice there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stock Market Dips To Six Weeks Low On Weak Earnings / Where can I get a Reliable India Shipping Agent? / Complete List Of Benefits For Using Gtbank *737* Mobile Banking Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.