Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Why Your Scholarship Application Is Rejected - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Your Scholarship Application Is Rejected (526 Views)

The 2020/2021 Commonwealth Scholarship Plan Application Is Out / Seplat Joint Venture 2019/2020 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing / Preparing To Write Your Scholarship Essay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Scholarship Application Is Rejected by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
Have you applied for several scholarships and your scholarship application has been rejected? But your didn't know what happen. If yes, you should continuous reading. Firstly late us look at that the term "Scholarship".

What is scholarship?

The term '"scholarship"' is sometimes used to describe any financial aid given to a student that does not have to be repaid. However, more precisely, and universally among college financial aid offices in the United States, scholarships and grants are quite different.

A scholarship is given to a student because of a reason: the student has qualified for or won it by academic, artistic or athletic ability, or by agreeing to follow a particular career, or has some special ethnic or other characteristic. Scholarships are not given for financial need alone. In contrast, a grant is an entitlement: approval is automatic if the students meet qualifications, based on financial need.

Three things you should know before apply for any scholarship

Before you apply for any scholarship or grant, Firstly you should read the scholarship descriptions e.g What scholarship is all about, What is the purpose of the scholarship.
Secondly what is the entry requirement. You should no that there are 3 types of scholarships e.g Government,Organization and college scholarship. If your are applying for government scholarship two things most come to your mine. does your country listed on the eligibility countries? what is the scholarship percentage of your country? some governments give different percentage defending on your country. Most entry requirement for organization and college scholarship are almost the same e.g Most scholarship from United State of America, United Kingdom or Australia, mostly they require A-level Cambridge, SAT test, IELTS and TOFEL.
The most important part of scholarship is personal statement. You should be very careful in these step.Most scholarship personal statement are asking question such as " Tell us something about" warning don't start tell them like I'm John form Lagos, we are seven in our family. My mother and my father are living together. The thing that your expected to write here is. What is your name, your age and your passion that is your future career e.g I'm Abdul by name,24years and passion to study medicine in Harvard Medical college etc.
Re: Why Your Scholarship Application Is Rejected by Chessco(m): 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Okay noted.

I have not been given any form of scholarship in my life time but am still moving well in my career path anyway.

Meanwhile op grammatical errors sha can make them reject ones scholarship application. Lol
Re: Why Your Scholarship Application Is Rejected by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Bad Things You Did When In Secondary School. . / Mmm-what Is The Faith Of Thr Scheme By Next Month? / Matlab Guru: I Have A Project For You In Optimization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.