Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

If Nigeria Was Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Was Ghana (505 Views)

Nigeria Was Blessed To Have Your Leadership - Jonathan Remembers Yaradua / This Is Why Nigeria Was Handed Over To The North By Britain In 1960 - FFK / Nigeria Was Ruled By Looters But Now In The Hands Of Super Looters - ADP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Nigeria Was Ghana by daps1(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
John Dramani Mahama sent his congratulatory message to the newly democratically elected President Nana Akufo-Addo ending rather abruptly his Cinderella story. I remember that sad day like it was yesterday, I was watching Metro TV in the month of July in the year 2012, when it was announced that Prof Atta Mills had been rushed to a hospital, minutes later the reporter said "I can confirm Prof Atta Mills is dead" everywhere was dead silent, if you dropped a coin in the exact place I was in the city of Koforidua that day you would have heard it clearly. Ghana was thrown into a state of mourning.

Then came the swift swearing in of the late presidents then vice president, John Dramani Mahama. What happened in that hall that day won him the election before he even decided to contest. Mahama came in and you could see clearly his eyes has been full of tears only a moment ago. And he sat down at the sit he normally would sit as the vice president - on the left. The procession began and the swearing in was done, he was then given the room to speak. He couldn't hide the tale that he was just in tears over the passing of his Boss. After his speech, he then proceeded to his sit but forgetting he was no longer a vice president, so he went in the direction of the left and then those present echoed for him to move to the right. He was a simple man and with this he won the heart of the citizens and got himself elected without much stress the next year.

But a Cinderella is not always a great queen... Now this drama had played exactly the same way in Nigeria. The Cinderella was Goodluck Ebere Jonathan...

http://www.dbystander.com/2016/12/if-nigeria-was-ghana.html

1 Share

Re: If Nigeria Was Ghana by truthspeaks: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ok
Re: If Nigeria Was Ghana by mightyhazell: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]wtf

(1) (Reply)

Christmas: Governor Ayade Subsidises Rice, Tomatoes Prices By 40% / The Saints Are Traveling To Heaven! Nigeria To Spend Over N900m / Buhari Govt Worst For Workers In 30 Years:the NIGERIA Labour Congress, NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.