Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

JY - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / JY (2259 Views)

Balance Is Critical... Balance Your Life. / Wicked Bosses: Your time is up / Well Detailed 2017 Goals And Year Planner...work Has Begun,time Is Counting!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JY by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 12, 2016
Re: JY by economia: 3:33am On Dec 12, 2016
If you are not happy with HND (diploma) dont go for PGD (another doploma), go for bsc

2 Likes

Re: JY by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 12, 2016
Re: JY by RantiFadahunsi: 11:58am On Dec 12, 2016
Find a way of doing a masters. It will overshadow the HND limitation
Re: JY by NCP: 12:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
RantiFadahunsi:

Supported.
Re: JY by lastmessenger: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
For saying HND is a joke i do not have any advice for u. I currently work with my HND certificate and i earn just like BSC folks.
Meanwhile masters on my mind. Starting 2017
Re: JY by GoodyOG: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
am still an undergraduat and have no idea of wat u are saying,, but in anyways follow the right path.
Re: JY by Preciouscheer: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
Email me pheavens.ph@gmail.com.....would send you some attachments as documents you can choose what you want from there. And its not too expensive if you re ready.
I have direct link with the school
Re: JY by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: JY by Laird(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
-Germany most schools are free with small token

- Australia. us U might be manage to get a scholarship on luck but High fees

To Me, go to germany
Re: JY by ustavo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
I'm also intending to go for masters abroad. Pls anyone with a useful link.
Re: JY by phacos: 7:23am On Dec 13, 2016
Hello,
In the US, your combination of ND + HND is equivalent to BSc. All you need to do is to convert your (ND & HND) transcript to US standard. WES (www.wes.org) is a typical example of educational body that does that.

I'm certain after transcript conversion, you may be lucky to hit GPA of about 3.0/4.0 or something close to that (maybe 2.94), which may earn you part of the MSc. requirements needed to gain admission into US schools. Most schools may require you to do GRE, while some may not.

1 Like

Re: JY by akaahs(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2016
RantiFadahunsi:
mind u, he said he wana retired as a lecturer.
Re: JY by akaahs(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2016
Since u said u wana retired as a lecturer, go for direct addmission in German to avoid been harass due to ur HND background if not............ Don't say i didnt tell u ooo

1 Like

Re: JY by buragidi(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
With your HND, and work experience, you can do Masters directly in Sheffield Halam University, UK. You can also get 50% off their tution now.

Ephraimspy:
Thanks for your opening my topic and I believe my help has come! Now straight to the matter;

I have H.N.D with CGPA 2.78 whereas my N.D was 3.10 both in Mechanical Engineering (production option).

I have taken IELTS exam and passed it.

I have about 5 years working experience in my field (I have been employed since after my ND in 2010)

My question is, I have a chance to do my PGD in Nigeria with my CGPA in a Nigerian university (Michael Opkara University Of Agriculture is taking CGPA from 60%, mine is 69%) upon successful completion, CAN THE PGD GUARANTEE ME DIRECT ENTRY TO MASTERS COURSE ABROAD?
again,

I have currently met entry requirements for Degree course with my N.D (3.10) somehwere in Germany, is it wise to start afresh with my N.D and complete a university degree abroad then forge ahead from there?

Thirdly and most importantly, does anyone have any link or suggestion of schools abroad (Europe, Canada, America, Australia) where I can possibly do my PDG and forge ahead with my Msc afterwards?

I need your candid advise this time because I never had it earlier when I got admitted in UNN for Electrical Engineering 2007 but ditched it for the love of Mechanical Engineering without knowing HND is like a yoke!
My main aim is to do my masters abroad and possibly retire as a part time Lecturer cox I love to teach, though am an entrepreneur!

Epp me!!! Super mods, I really need this help, its taking my sleep away!
Thanks again!!!
Re: JY by Timossa(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2016
Hi op,

You can do this with ease. A friend of mine got his HND converted to B.Sc in the space of 1 month in a legal, recognised and accredited university in Republic of Benin.

I can help you the way I helped my friend and he is planning running his masters abroad. I have a thread on NL.

Click the link below for some of my posts on NL:

https://www.nairaland.com/3473802/how-convert-nd-nce-hnd

Here is my phone number and I stay in Lagos. 09081108687, universitinfo@gmail.com

Good luck.
Re: JY by freshcvvs: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Timossa:
Hi op,

You can do this with ease. A friend of mine got his HND converted to B.Sc in the space of 1 month in a legal, recognised and accredited university in Republic of Benin.

I can share the number the person that did it for him, the person also have a thread on NL.

Click the link below for some of his posts on NL:

https://www.nairaland.com/3473802/how-convert-nd-nce-hnd

Here is his phone number and he stays in Lagos. Say you are from Timossa. 09081108687.

Good luck.

The thread you sent also belongs to you. Did you intend saying you helped your friend convert HND to BSC or?
Re: JY by Timossa(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2016
freshcvvs:

The thread you sent also belongs to you. Did you intend saying you helped your friend convert HND to BSC or?

That was a mistake. Yes! I helped a friend convert his HND to B.Sc. Anyways, That is what I do for people in this regard. Thanks for your understanding.

Best wishes.
Re: JY by freshcvvs: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Learn Aveva Pdms / Transforming Nigerian Youths Program By Edc-mastercard Foundation: Apply Now / Teaching Career.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.