Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,675 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? (2268 Views)

Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? / Before You Quit Your Low Paying Job Check This List / I Hate My High-paying Job. What Should I Do Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by kt2003(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2006
To Be Or Not To Be? Hi yall,

I live and work in Lagos. I currently work with one of the biggest Ad agencies.

One of my Ex-clients (Starcomms) just offered me a job that would pay me over 1 Million more than my current job. I don't know bout the company's welfare & other staff related policies, so making a decision is kind of tight, especially when my current employer is not so bad.

Does anyone know about this company? Advice me please.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by wande(m): 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2006
Kt,

Do you believe in God? did you pray about changing your current job before starcom offer? if yes consider your prayer answered if No rely on your own intuition. A yoruba man will say "Alatise lo matise ara e" you have seen and experience all with your former employer so you are the best man to know the best time to call it quit or you want to stay because you consider them "not too bad". YOUR FUTURE IS THE ULTIMATE.

Good Luck.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by mustafar1: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2006
I don't know bout the company's welfare & other staff related policies, so making a decision is kind of tight,

before u take the job or any job for that matter, it is ur right to ask question especially when it comes to welfare, benefits, and pay. so my advise to u it this schedule an appointment to speak with HR officer at starcomm and ask all these questions cos if u dont nobody would ask for u neither would starcomm tell u wat u should know.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2006
He needs someone who currently works at Starcomms to answer these questions.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2006
I think the new Company should be able to answer these questions for him
if he applied for the job himself then, he should know most of the answers to these questions and if he was headhunted then he shoud just ask them directly.

You better think very well before doing anything, though change is good but it aint easy wink
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by mustafar1: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2006
he doesnt need someone working at starcomm to get answers cos he aint going there cos of that person. moreover wat might be suitable for someone might not be up to par for him.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by diyobdw(f): 7:08am On Mar 31, 2006
Seun:

He needs someone who currently works at Starcomms to answer these questions.
Yeah if he can get someone working in starcom fine but he has to be sure the person is give him the right inform.Which most people wont tell expect you are truely close.
Thank for adjust'g my article 2 smiley
@kt2003
You need to get your facts before hint'g his present employer because jobseekers are to occupy his sit in seconds.
Though i got no facts but i heard starcom is not a forward thinking coy in terms of HR. find out sha and Goodluck
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 31, 2006
Schedule an appointment with the HR and ask all the things you need to know.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by kt2003(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2006
Thanks people. Appreciate it wink
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by mmomi(f): 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2006
For me-
take the offer to enable you save enough for your own esterblishment.
Think of being your own master you must not work for another till you retire.

That is my own focus and dream.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by timmy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2006
which AD agency be that, insight or UB40 ? cos i know they have direct flow with starcomms
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by trailblaze: 7:24pm On Mar 31, 2006
Hi, I know Starcomms, don't work there though. Starcomms is the largest PTO and they could offer something nice. No job oppurtunity is a bed of roses you know and life is not either but you as a person will make things work out for looking up to God to lead and direct you to the right. Hope you find God when you need Him the most - which is now. cheesy
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Ammylaw(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2006
Why not try evaluate the too job, that is your present job and the new offer. Remember you have a carrier to protect and to build, never you consolidate on the close relationship you have with your present boss, though that could be a point (cordial relationship) with your boss. you can still cultivate same with your new boss to be. contact starcom human resources unit i think they will give you necessary explanation. I stay in Port Harcourt, with what i have heard about they aren't as good as other communication service provides such as mtn, vmobile and Glo. This you can observe from the kind van they use for advertisement here in Port Harcourt, the van is right off.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by freelance(m): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2006
I think you should take the job.starcomms is a cool company and so far the pay and at least its not a bank.That you will be given ridiculous targets to meet. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING 4.well its all good.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by dareopeyem: 9:36am On Apr 03, 2006
Hi Guys,

i just discovered this sites, and i want to appreciate u guys that this is welcome development to assist / share ideal.

About Starcomms jobs, I am also in the same shoe as this guy that posted this topic. But mine is not Starcomms but another PTO. Am confused.

Thanks,

Dare
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Oyin100(f): 9:16am On Apr 04, 2006
As for me, I believe you should take this job. It's a level higher than where you are presently, and definitely when you move again, you'll keep rising. Everybody is looking for continous promotion in every aspect of life so I would advise you to try this new place. When you get there and do not like it, you continue working while looking for a better place out there. By that time, you'll have more experience to boost your c.v and better negotiating terms. You are not going to stay there forever, are you? Pls don't miss the opportunity, and keep praying about every decision you make. Wish you all the very best.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by kfo(m): 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2006
Kt2003, the thing with working in an agency is u neva get d same buzz working anywhere else
that much i guarantee u will  miss. However I will say there is no better experience than having
a taste of life on the other side(client side). i will say seize the oppurtunity to explore. wink lucky for
u the pay is good. when u get the" itch" u can always switch over. Truth is if u ve been in one of the
top three agencies in the land there are good prospects of been re -absorbed into the industry.
so take the plunge man ! thats what i will definitely do.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by takethat: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2006
i don't care how good the other company is , all i am after is the money , if i can be 1 million better off, hey what the heck, i will leave without thinking,
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by diyobdw(f): 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2006
take that, like name like wrds.
i see you are a man of you words someone seeks your advice and you just send him advice without[b] think'g [/b] (in your words). Okay o!. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Yinkaolu(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2006
Thats a great real news from you. All you need is follow your heart and pray. Please, if anyone finds an INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT for ND holders, i can be contacted on yinkolu2000@yahoo.com. My C.V will be attached below for your consideration.

Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by diyobdw(f): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2006
u might want to paste your post on any topicunder jobs for better opportunities https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-29.0.html or strat a thread
cheers
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Ndipe(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2006
Only you are in the position to make the best judgment call. Seek God in prayer, ask employees about the company before joining this company. Goodluck.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by AfricaFace(f): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2006
I still wonder how somepeople see life. Why do u want to move, for cash or career advancement, if it's Money, Boy you have the whole world at your feet, move on , if it's career wise, you may have to consider your present job and the challeges in the new job, These you should have known/ask on the process of interview. But mind you 6 yrs exeperience in the same job and the same company is regarded as one yr experience by pschologist/hr. It's always good to move ahead, even if starcooms doesn't suite you at the end, try spending at least 6 months and look for another job, it will be in your CV that have a telecoom Experience, Open your Eyes boy, Those who are scared of making mistake/ taking Risk doesn't grow in Life. I had that same problem 6 months ago, i took up the decision of moving , Though i didn't get all expected , but i am working hard to exploit all the opportunities in my the company to my advantage , then i will move ahead. Life is what you make out of it.
Re: Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2010
Fhilm

(1) (Reply)

MTN Customer Service Officers: What's Their Pay Like? / Ican Result For 2009 Is Out. How Did U Perform? / Change Of Salary Account On IPPIS Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.