Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC (4203 Views)

We’ll Expose Boko Haram Collaborators —army / Falana Tackles Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku Over Private Universities / EFCC To Ekweremadu: We’ll Arrest You If You’ve Gone On Looting Spree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by adewales4: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2016

Executive Secretary, Nigeria Universities Commission, NUC, Prof Adamu Abubakar Rasheed, weekend disclosed that there will be 150 additional private universities in the next three years even as he took a swipe at people calling for suspension of approval for the establishment of such schools.

According to him, anyone calling for the stoppage of issuance of license to more universities is ignorant because the 152 universities in Nigeria are not adequate for a population of over 150 million people.Speaking at the first founders day lecture of the University of Medical Science, Ondo State and analysing the Nigerian universities system with the State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, and Emeritus Prof Oladipo Akinkugbe, Rasheed noted that Nigerian universities cannot isolate themselves from the rest of the world. Using Argentina as a yardstick, the NUC boss stated that Argentina’s population of about 44 million has 1705 universities while several other developing counties with lesser population than Nigeria has over 300 universities.

According him, the challenges facing the universities include: the governing structure, the provincial forces competing against the actual forces that seek to retain the established or sustain the cut of the University, where university community are arguing about who will be the next Vice-Chancellor and who comes from the community where the University is located.

‘’Presently, 243 applications are being processed for private universities, so in the next two to three years, we will have about 150 private universities,” he said.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/well-soon-approve-150-more-private-universities-nuc/
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Swahili0(f): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
hmmmmm

is not about quantity but about quality lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Firefire(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Swahili0:
hmmmmm

is not about quantity but about quality lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They meant to say.. more Upper Secondary Schools. embarassed

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by shizzy7(f): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
I don't even know the essence of NUC in this country.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
Swahili0:
hmmmmm
So what is the quality of the graduates of the public ones? Tell me. How are their graduates better than those of the privates?

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by posh55(f): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
My husband's car was stolen in church yesterday, please help me announce it.. i don't know how to create a topic.

Car details
Veh. No ....Mus 239 CZ
Colour... RED

Make...Honda CRV jeep(old model)
Engin no...B20B42041836
Chasis...JHLRD1855VC033795
thanks
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by ammyluv2002(f): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
shizzy7:
I don't even know the essence of NUC in this country.
Honestly o...I really don't know!
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Atiku2019: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
Cool
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
posh55:
My husband's car was stolen in church yesterday, please help me announce it.. i don't know how to create a topic.

Car details
Veh. No ....Mus 239 CZ
Colour... RED

Engin no...B20B42041836
thanks

Announce wetin? Here resemble broadcasting station or t.v station abi?

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Papertrail11(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
the nigerian univ commission is just being smart by half by this descksion I will back this up with some claims.
one of the reasons why I feel strongly the nigerian university system is not Inspiring enough is cos the british university curriculum dosent bring out enough creativity compared to the american system american. ive been exposed to the american so I knw wat am talkn about.
univeristies with american roots dobt have time for this list explain define kind of efucation with long unending theories that will make yu stare at time in class that when is this ill forsaken class going to finish it brings out the best in you it carries along the weak aaand the brightest of students in class trhough rigourous adventorous learning examples, class groupings et al.
that is why some students who come outta naija unis feel like the are still not equipped enough or they didnt learn enough

I was speakn to a friend from babcock uni he studied an it related major he aparently told me he dosent know how to fully program and hees just learning the basics was like yu shittn?

this is somthing students in yankee can do berra I mean dey can reverse engineer malware and do some heavy loaded programming

another reason why I looove yankee standard of education is cos they break things down an instructor would come to class explain a conecpt or a subject mattter even though you dont fully get it no problem but by the time yu read the mooodle where yu have class notes and read from the internet yu will get it fully

but nigerian univ a private shitty christian one I went to lecturers still dictate notes to student and d students write on their notes
whereas lecturers in public schools explain and students are implored to go read from libraries and d lecturers note and yu can get a full grasp of what you talking about.....

my adv is for Nigerian univ commission is to change our cirrculum from british to american and stop issuing licenses to religious bodies to build and erupt university cos they have no business in the educational sector except their support.
moreover univ education is never profitable anywhere

ask atiku who was quoted to saying even the school fees paid in millions cannot pay for fuel to run the uni for a whole semester!

in
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Papertrail11(m): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
posh55:

Car details
Veh. No ....Mus 239 CZ
Colour... RED

Engin no...B20B42041836
thanks

sorry for yur loss mam but pls get a car tracker nxt time its yur best bet!
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Sibrah: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Swahili0:
hmmmmm

Go tell that to the public unis or do you want private unis to merge? Public unis are of lower quality here.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Papertrail11(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:

no disrespect yur post is a bit too edgy ignoring the post would have been betr

God forbid

yu park yur car someone steals it
you: guy yu help me see anycar around abeg?

me: did yu pay me to monitor yur car rubbish
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
adewales4:

Executive Secretary, Nigeria Universities Commission, NUC, Prof Adamu Abubakar Rasheed, weekend disclosed that there will be 150 additional private universities in the next three years even as he took a swipe at people calling for suspension of approval for the establishment of such schools.

According to him, anyone calling for the stoppage of issuance of license to more universities is ignorant because the 152 universities in Nigeria are not adequate for a population of over 150 million people.Speaking at the first founders day lecture of the University of Medical Science, Ondo State and analysing the Nigerian universities system with the State Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, and Emeritus Prof Oladipo Akinkugbe, Rasheed noted that Nigerian universities cannot isolate themselves from the rest of the world. Using Argentina as a yardstick, the NUC boss stated that Argentina’s population of about 44 million has 1705 universities while several other developing counties with lesser population than Nigeria has over 300 universities.

According him, the challenges facing the universities include: the governing structure, the provincial forces competing against the actual forces that seek to retain the established or sustain the cut of the University, where university community are arguing about who will be the next Vice-Chancellor and who comes from the community where the University is located.

‘’Presently, 243 applications are being processed for private universities, so in the next two to three years, we will have about 150 private universities,” he said.

Source: http://nigerianewstoday.com.ng/well-soon-approve-150-more-private-universities-nuc/
.. Is it by quantity? What about quality? The existing Universities are not up to the RECOMMENDATION or STANDARD of UNESCO.
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Sibrah: 5:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
Papertrail11:
the nigerian univ commission is just being smart by half by this descksion I will back this up with some claims.
one of the reasons why I feel strongly the nigerian university system is not Inspiring enough is cos the british university curriculum dosent bring out enough creativity compared to the american system american. ive been exposed to the american so I knw wat am talkn about.
univeristies with american roots dobt have time for this list explain define kind of efucation with long unending theories that will make yu stare at time in class that when is this ill forsaken class going to finish it brings out the best in you it carries along the weak aaand the brightest of students in class trhough rigourous adventorous learning examples, class groupings et al.
that is why some students who come outta naija unis feel like the are still not equipped enough or they didnt learn enough

I was speakn to a friend from babcock uni he studied an it related major he aparently told me he dosent know how to fully program and hees just learning the basics was like yu shittn?

this is somthing students in yankee can do berra I mean dey can reverse engineer malware and do some heavy loaded programming

another reason why I looove yankee standard of education is cos they break things down an instructor would come to class explain a conecpt or a subject mattter even though you dont fully get it no problem but by the time yu read the mooodle where yu have class notes and read from the internet yu will get it fully

but nigerian univ a private shitty christian one I went to lecturers still dictate notes to student and d students write on their notes
whereas lecturers in public schools explain and students are implored to go read from libraries and d lecturers note and yu can get a full grasp of what you talking about.....

my adv is for Nigerian univ commission is to change our cirrculum from british to american and stop issuing licenses to religious bodies to build and erupt university cos they have no business in the educational sector except their support.
moreover univ education is never profitable anywhere

ask atiku who was quoted to saying even the school fees paid in millions cannot pay for fuel to run the uni for a whole semester!

in

You need to control the bitterness bros . . .
Public schools hardly have libraries, laboratories, or lecturers on ground. How can you then say those trash?
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by shizzy7(f): 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Honestly o...I really don't know!
They should be integrated with AASU or their roles should be included in a section of ministry of education.
F.G needs to cut recurrent expenditure especially unnecessary ones..
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Swahili0(f): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bolustic:
So what is the quality of the graduates of the public ones? Tell me. How are their graduates better than those of the privates?

I DONT THINK u understand my angle

what i meant is that they should endevour to have a standard school not a glorify secondary school

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by onatisi(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2016
Welldone
They should approve extra 300 polytechnics and 500 colleges of education.

Fools in power. Smh
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by Papertrail11(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
Sibrah:

You need to control the bitterness bros . . .
Public schools hardly have libraries, laboratories, or lecturers on ground. How can you then say those trash?

am for the betterment of the educational sys. that aside I stated some valid points which I imbibe you to clearly revisit so yu can comprehend where am commn from!
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Papertrail11:

God forbid

Papertrail11:

God forbid

Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by sirfee(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:
Bad belle,is this not a public forum?A nairalander in need is a nairander indeed.
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
Bad belle,is this not a public forum?A nairalander in need is a nairander indeed.
Ur brain dey pain U? Who b bad belle?
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by divinelove(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
It will create jobs look at d brighter side
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by sirfee(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:
Ur brain dey pain U? Who b bad belle?
Ipuffi!just shut up and go to bed
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
Ipuffi!just shut up and go to bed
swerve jo.... No time for shit
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by sirfee(m): 8:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:
swerve jo.... No time for shit
No time for sh*t indeed,park well.
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
No time for sh*t indeed,park well.
stop quoting me before something will happen to U angry
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by sirfee(m): 9:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:
stop quoting me before something will happen to U angry
Wetin wan happen to you?please tell me.
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
Wetin wan happen to you?please tell me.
why U dey behave like my village witch na? Oya sorry, no quote me again biko
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by OBAFEMIawolowo: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Unaffordable universities
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by sirfee(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
annayawchee:
why U dey behave like my village witch na? Oya sorry, no quote me again biko
Lol no problem.FYI I'm not a witch or a wizard.You are stronger and powerful than any witch,sorcerer etc.Goodnight.
Re: We’ll Soon Approve 150 More Private Universities – NUC by annayawchee: 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
sirfee:
Lol no problem.FYI I'm not a witch or a wizard.You are stronger and powerful than any witch,sorcerer etc.Goodnight.
thank God... Finally

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAF Establishes Directorate Of Veteran Affairs – Director / Travelling To The East For Xmas? See What Igbos Go Through In Military Checkpoin / Nigeria, EU To Work Together On Digital Economy, Raising LNG Supply To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.