Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated (1263 Views)

Arthur Eze: Man Assassinated During Visit To Nigeria After 9 Years In Malaysia / Don King, A Handsome Guy Assassinated By Gunmen In Owerri / Onome Emekeme 'Onome Pounds' Assassinated While Driving In Delta. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by MrBen10(m): 7:29am On Dec 13, 2016
I used to beleive the Army barracks is the safest place ever when its comes to taking refuge from social unrest in the soceity, but what happens when even a senior Officer is not even safe from being assassinated in a barrack?
Do we call this a coup??
According to a facebook User 'Nche Bikwe', he wrote:
Yesterday, Dec. 12th, our family got a distress call from the Nigerian Army that, our dear Uncle Tony, whom only four days ago, was promoted to the rank of a Brigadier General, and had called his dear sister(my mother) to share the goodnews with her, was attacked in his apartment right inside Ibadan barrack and he is in a critical condition. They asked that we get someone to come over. Another Uncle got there and has just informed the family that Uncle Tony is dead.
Brigadier General Anthony Okeyim, 55years, worked with the Army Education Corps. He was a gentle man officer, intelligent, hardworking, disciplined and dedicated to his job, he rose from the rank of Lance Corporal to the General Cadre.
He loved, cared and regularly calls every of his sisters, brothers, nephews and nieces to know how we fared. He was a committed Roman Catholic member and loved sports..
I will miss his simple nature and great sense of humor. Please join us to pray for God to expose his killers and that may his gentle soul find a place in Abraham's bosom. Uncle Tony, we will forever love you. Rest in Peace!
Source: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1363128420388363&id=100000736558942&refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6363459315802345290%3Amf_story_key.-80537239180788266%3Atop_level_post_id.1363128420388363
Please Lalasticlala, Mydd44, Suen lets help shout this to the whole world till the perpetrators are brought to book.
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by HQuadreal: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2016
Rip.
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by klassykute(m): 7:32am On Dec 13, 2016
dem want d position
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by Edwinmason(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2016
Nigeria as a nation is a joke
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by nextprince: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2016
RIP. But I don't understand. From the rank of LANCE CORPORAL to BRIG GEN? How did he join from the rank of LCpl rather than Private? And was he commissioned? Even if he was commissioned as executive commission, how did he rise to that rank as an EC officer? I'm aware SSC officers can get as high as that but EC?
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by KillJoy62(m): 1:09am On Dec 14, 2016
nextprince:
RIP. But I don't understand. From the rank of LANCE CORPORAL to BRIG GEN? How did he join from the rank of LCpl rather than Private? And was he commissioned? Even if he was commissioned as executive commission, how did he rise to that rank as an EC officer? I'm aware SSC officers can get as high as that but EC?
have u ever heard the word conversion? a short service commission can convert to full regular in the army, u only need to apply nd write nd pass ur conversion exams, nd u must be d rank of a captain, den ur seniority wld be backdated along wit d course u passed out from the academy wit. Rip sir!
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by MONITZ: 1:15am On Dec 14, 2016
nextprince:
RIP. But I don't understand. From the rank of LANCE CORPORAL towe BRIG GEN? How did he join from the rank of LCpl rather than Private? And was he commissioned? Even if he was commissioned as executive commission, how did he rise to that rank as an EC officer? I'm aware SSC officers can get as high as that but EC?

.U seem to know much abt the military, or re u one of them? Thumbs up to you ......

1 Like

Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by nextprince: 5:10am On Dec 14, 2016
KillJoy62:
have u ever heard the word conversion? a short service commission can convert to full regular in the army, u only need to apply nd write nd pass ur conversion exams, nd u must be d rank of a captain, den ur seniority wld be backdated along wit d course u passed out from the academy wit. Rip sir!

Bros nawa 4 u oh! Try dey read b4 u react na, because e dey make u look one kind.

1. Do u know the meaning of SSC in the NA? Did u see something like that in my comment? Pls go back and read my comment again, this time slowly, then u will agree with me that it makes a lot of sense to read and understand a write b4 reacting and that is if reaction is necessary. Also, what u stated up here are not the conditions for conversion but let's leave that for another day.
2. Still on reading b4 reacting, did u read the original post? Okay, if u didn't, now go back and read it and as advised above, slowly again. U will see where it was clearly stated that "he rose from the rank of LCpl to Brig Gen". Do u know what that means? Is it possible to promote a soldier to the rank of 2nd Lt without being commissioned? When a soldier is commissioned due to outstanding performance, what do u call that type of commission? Do u call it SSC? Again, go back and read my post, u will know what type of commission it is. Do u know the highest rank this type of officers can attain? Go and find out.

Meanwhile, is the RIP directed to me or the departed officer?
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by Kingbuhari(m): 5:44am On Dec 14, 2016
your uncle joined a wrong profession... RIP
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by Kingbuhari(m): 5:44am On Dec 14, 2016
your uncle choose a wrong profession... RIP
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by dotman4real007(m): 7:43am On Dec 14, 2016
na bad belle people do am!!
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by Justiceleague1: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ethnic cleansing..rip sir. SouthernNigeria shall be free
Re: Four Days After His Promotion To Rank Of Brig-General, He Has Been Assassinated by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
rip. sad

(1) (Reply)

Thief Meets Untimely Death After Successful Robbery / Brothers Behead An Orphan In Ifaki Ekiti. / See What They Did 2 A Thief Caught Stealing Battery 4rm Street Light In Delta(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.