Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

SHOCKER: 50 Years On Stage: Ksa’s Guitar Auctioned For N52.1m - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / SHOCKER: 50 Years On Stage: Ksa’s Guitar Auctioned For N52.1m (737 Views)

Kizz Daniel N.B.S Concert Tour In London Was Epic As Lk Kuddy Come On Stage / Biggest Talent Season 4 - Perform LIVE On Stage In Las Vegas, Nevada, USA / The Price Range Of Lead Guitar In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKER: 50 Years On Stage: Ksa’s Guitar Auctioned For N52.1m by 1Segzy: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2016
Lagos—A vintage fender guitar played by Nigeria’s Juju music icon, King Sunny Ade,KSA, was auctioned and sold for N52.1 million, Sunday, at a musical concert that climaxed the month-long celebration of the musician’s 70th birthday

The auctioning of the glittering guitar which was masterfully designed by award-winning artist, Victor Ehikamenor was done by Dr. Jogun Onabanjo, Certified Auctioneer and Chief Executive of Onabanjo & Onabanjo and Company. It was the highlight of the historic concert, ‘Sunny on Sunday’, which commemorated the music legend’s 70th birthday anniversary, which held Sunday, at Temple Balmoral Marquee, Federal Palace Hotel Victoria Island, Lagos.

Dr. Onabanjo started the bidding from N9 million and a very competitive bid followed closing at N52.1m. While the bid was in progress, the asking price for the guitar doubled to N17m under two minutes before exceeding the N50m mark in 15 minutes, leaving many in the crowd surprised. The winner of the auction is yet to be revealed.

An ecstatic Ehikhamenor said, “When you are given the opportunity to add a line to the history of a legend, you’d better ask God to take your hand and guide your senses. I’ve loved King Sunny Ade’s music for the longest time and his rhythm is one of the best companion in my studio when working”.

Speaking earlier about the guitar, KSA said, “Talking about my guitar which would be auctioned on the night to make the grand finale of my show, that piece is a part of the art. For the guitar to go into the art is a very good place for it to be. It is a symbol of art for me. I didn’t make it but it was for me and having possessed it, it should be an art piece that will remain for life. My guitar is my baby”.

Source; Vanguard News
Re: SHOCKER: 50 Years On Stage: Ksa’s Guitar Auctioned For N52.1m by EbenzMedia: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
DECEMBER PROMO

Record a song for #9000 or voice on any instrumental for #7000 and get free online promotion with hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. If you have recorded songs you want to promote online,we can get your music promoted on 10 sites with hypes and broadcast on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp at an affordable fee. Promo ends by 31st of December,2016. You can also call for other music promotions and quality graphic design/artwork design at affordable fees you can't resist. Contact 07032617747 for all bookings and enquiries.

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Female Music / 4 Plots Of Land In Lokoja / I Need Your Assistance Dear Nairalanders To Hook Me Up In Music Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.