Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? (4957 Views)

Writer Or Blogger Who Is Nigerians News Savvy, Wanted For Immediate Employment.. / What You Must Know As A Writer Or As A Student Of Literature / Writer Or Reader: Who Is To Blame? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
my fave writer of all time christian or no. his story telling is mad and if ur interested i cud drop a list of his books. for those of u who know him he has 3 new books coming soon, one of them being "immanuel's veins"
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by airlia: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2009
i just read saint by ted dekker a couple of days back.i think i still like frank perreti better.i heard they co-authored a book titled house.have you seen that?
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by dominique(f): 11:49am On Nov 18, 2009
i dont know any other christian fiction authors. . . i've read a couple of his books. the ones with colours as titles red, blue , black (or somn like that)
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
i av read house. awesome book. its evident ted dekker handled the plot twists whereas frank peretti must av handled the villain and the dark atmosphere(but dts jst my speculation). u should read it. and the "colour" books are black red and white
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by airlia: 8:49am On Nov 19, 2009
@sjkeri i will try and get HOUSE then asap.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
i wud suggest everybody read black red and white before reading any other ted dekker novel. his other novels will be MUCH MORE enjoyable because of the trilogy. i wnt say y. just trust me.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by hettie26th: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ted Dekker and Frank peretti are good , i have read a hand full of their books, Francine Rivers, is also another good christian fiction writer. you should check out her books too.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2009
there are only about 3 or 4 of francine rivers books i avnt read. she's focused mostly(if not entirely) on love. i like her books. helps me whenever i feel like ive failed. lovely writer. u guyz shd read redeeming love and the sin eater.

Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by hettie26th: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
ive read the Redeeming love, really beautiful story line, i noticed you didnt include "lineage of grace", its another lovely book of hers, i love the way she was able to add fiction to already known bible facts on the lives of the 5 remarkable female characters, some of the characters like Batsheba and Tamar were only mentioned briefly in the bible but she was able to write a book centering on their personal lives, very imaginative and thought provoking, you should read it.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
hettie26th:

ive read the Redeeming love, really beautiful story line, i noticed you didnt include "lineage of grace", its another lovely book of hers, i love the way she was able to add fiction to already known bible facts on the lives of the 5 remarkable female characters, some of the characters like Batsheba and Tamar were only mentioned briefly in the bible but she was able to write a book centering on their personal lives, very imaginative and thought provoking, you should read it.
lineage of grace is one of the 3 or 4 books i was talking about. ill get it, sounds interesting.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by Ifez: 3:43am On Nov 24, 2009
Dan Brown takes the ace. grin
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by sjkeri(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
Ifez:

Dan Brown takes the ace. grin
dan brown doesn't write "christian" fiction. his writing is xtian related but it isn't xtian. he is more or less attacking the xtian community(albeit not outrightly). i like his books but all xtian books pass across a biblical msg. his books dnt. and u shd read ted dekker's books. u might av a very diff perspective.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2009
dan brown isnt a Christian writer
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by GL(f): 6:31am On Jan 17, 2010
i love francine rivers! i think mark of the lion trilogy is her best. it's hard to say who's the best cos i like so many of them, ted dekker & frank peretti included.

dominique:

i dont know any other christian fiction authors. . . i've read a couple of his books. the ones with colours as titles red, blue , black (or somn like that)

try francine rivers, jerry jenkins, karen kingsbury, terri blackstock, randy singer, beverly lewis, tracie petersen, lori copeland, wanda brunstetter. they all write good books.

i've seen lots of positive reviews for randy alcorn and kristen heitzmann so i guess they are good too though i haven't read yet.
Re: Ted Dekker: Best Christian Fiction Writer Or No? by ennniy(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
GL:

try francine rivers, jerry jenkins, karen kingsbury, terri blackstock, randy singer, beverly lewis, tracie petersen, lori copeland, wanda brunstetter.

Those are my two favorite authors. Really amazing!

(1) (Reply)

Most Interesting Nairaland Stories / The Rescue / Lamentations Of An Ugly Girl!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.