Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

"Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals (27305 Views)

Olu Jacobs Celebrates His 77th Birthday: Joke Silva Celebrates Her Husband / Joke Silva Shares Family Photos To Wish Husband Happy Father's Day / "Dont Be Deceived By Actors Display Of Wealth On Social Media"- Joke Silva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by inspire700(m): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2016
Often described as agelessly beautiful, Joke Silva, has revealed the secret to her youthful looks at age 55.The veteran Nollywood actress attributed her youthful beauty to the fact that she keeps working.
The multiple award - winning filmmaker who has been busy with the production of a stage play, ‘Heartbeat the musical,’ made the disclosure during a chat with Saturday Beats.

“I look this young because I keep working. There are still some things I want to do that have not been achieved. For instance, I have not seen a play run in Nigeria for a year not to talk of 20 years. That has to happen. It is part of my unfulfilled desires or unfinished business in the industry. Also, I hope we can get a proper and standard school for the performing arts and film running. Yes, we are doing it but not at the scale I would want it to be,” she said.

Adding to the fact that there are some unfulfilled desires she harbours, Silva also revealed that she is yet to give up on stageplays in Nigeria as she believes they are still very viable in the country.
She said, “Stage plays cannot be pirated and there are lots of talented people who love the stage. They express themselves beautifully well at the theatre either in front of the stage or behind the scenes as they make theatre happen. For me, if it is possible to create work for them, why not?
"Like every other Nigerian groaning under the pain caused by the economic recession, even the A-list actress is not left out. She confessed that she is feeling the brunt of recession and she gave instances.
“The recession has also affected me because if not for recession, I probably would have got the kind of funding I need for this play. Most of the money for this play has come from our pocket. This is my work, play for me means work,” she said.

Joke who is happily married to veteran act, Olu Jacobs, has successfully produced 22 stage plays although she disclosed that things were not always rosy.
She disclosed that no one turned up for the first stage play produced by herself and Jacobs but things are very different now.
The filmmaker is popular for her screen and stage works like "Violated," "Hear Word," "Widows Cot," "Letters to a Stranger" among others.

SOURCE: http://www.gistpark.com/2016/12/why-i-still-look-younger-at-55-joke.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by HQuadreal: 10:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Nice 1.
Money Speaking.
Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by ammyluv2002(f): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2016
I respect you ma

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Omudia11: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
I've met Joke Silva in real life and sorry if sounds like I'm hating but she doesn't look as good as does on TV.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by LesbianBoy(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Who dey deceive this one?

Madam you aff old jor! angry

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by ajokebelle(f): 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
I even thought she was older than 55

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by AlphaPegasi: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
crazy woman you are supposed to look young at 55. 55 is still somewhat young.

7 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by 9jayes: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
Who cares? MMM bring my money AH BEG

7 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Bae of life
Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by chiefoluigwe(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
She looks really old

Omudia11:
I've met Joke Silva in real life and sorry if sounds like I'm hating but she doesn't look as good as does on TV.

14 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by AlexCk: 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
55??

Ma'am, u look older tho, but hell, u always look pretty!! kiss kiss
xoxoxo

8 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by canalily(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
You are extremly artificiousshocked thats whyundecided

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by seunfape(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Who told you you are young ?mama eti dagba fa

6 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
inspire700:
Often described as agelessly beautiful, Joke Silva, has revealed the secret to her youthful looks at age 55.The veteran Nollywood actress attributed her youthful beauty to the fact that she keeps working.
The multiple award - winning filmmaker who has been busy with the production of a stage play, ‘Heartbeat the musical,’ made the disclosure during a chat with Saturday Beats.

“I look this young because I keep working. There are still some things I want to do that have not been achieved. For instance, I have not seen a play run in Nigeria for a year not to talk of 20 years. That has to happen. It is part of my unfulfilled desires or unfinished business in the industry. Also, I hope we can get a proper and standard school for the performing arts and film running. Yes, we are doing it but not at the scale I would want it to be,” she said.

Adding to the fact that there are some unfulfilled desires she harbours, Silva also revealed that she is yet to give up on stageplays in Nigeria as she believes they are still very viable in the country.
She said, “Stage plays cannot be pirated and there are lots of talented people who love the stage. They express themselves beautifully well at
the theatre either in front of the stage or behind the scenes as they make theatre happen. For me, if it is possible to create work for them, why not?
"Like every other Nigerian groaning under the pain caused by the economic recession, even the A-list actress is not left out. She confessed that she is feeling the brunt of recession and she gave instances.
“The recession has also affected me because if not for recession, I probably would have got the kind of funding I need for this play. Most of the money for this play has come from our pocket. This is my work, play for me means work,” she said.

Joke who is happily married to veteran act, Olu Jacobs, has successfully produced 22 stage plays although she disclosed that things were not always rosy.
She disclosed that no one turned up for the first stage play produced by herself and Jacobs but things are very different now.
The filmmaker is popular for her screen and stage works like "Violated," "Hear Word," "Widows Cot," "Letters to a Stranger" among others.

SOURCE: http://www.gistpark.com/2016/12/why-i-still-look-younger-at-55-joke.html

Dashit!!! I thought she's in her 60's

14 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by dexterautonomy(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Omudia11:
Who ask you?
Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
ajokebelle:
I even thought she was older than 55

Abi o

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Judolisco(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
She old for my eye oh shocked sorry to dissapoint

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by mindurbiz(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
The real LEGEND

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
God knows I'm not hating, but what's the fuss about this woman?
She is not an A-List actress, yes she has longevity in the industry, but definitely not an A-Lister, she's just married to one.
And again, she doesn't look young, she sodding looks her age!!! Forget what you see on TV and magazines, she isn't like this in real life

11 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by jerryunit48: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
canalily:
You are extremly artificiousshocked thats whyundecided
Ah ahhh!!

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by gsparks01(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
Actually, u look older than 55. Thought she was in her mid 60s sef

12 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by PapiNigga: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
What then should my crush #AngelaBasset @58 say...

9 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by MoreWahala: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
Seriously I think she looks older than an Age, she looks like she's in her 60s.
She and my mama close o, but my Mum looks way younger.
She's pretty though

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Melinde: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sorry yoou look older than your age

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by Silentscreamer(f): 4:30pm On Dec 13, 2016
One of d peeps dat made nollywood great.
Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by bettercreature(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
MoreWahala:
Seriously I think she looks older than an Age, she looks like she's in her 60s.
Though Pretty
She did! she is just decieving herself

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by nerodenero: 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
There is no how she would look younger because of the age difference between her and Mr. Olu Jacobs. In most cases, women tend to look older than her their age and husband even when the age difference isn't much. Just my opinion!

1 Like

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by swagagolic01(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
She's just 55? I been think say she dey her 60s ooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by otemdomino: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
What should I type o?
Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by tosyne2much(m): 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
She looks older than 55 nah

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Still Look Younger At 55" - Joke Silva Reveals by ngmgeek(m): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Who said you look younger than 55? Who? undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Slangs Popularized By Nigerian Musicians & Their Meanings / Genevieve Nnaji Joins United Talent Agency With Likes Of Angelina Jolie, Others / Tonto Dikeh Shares Beautiful Christmas Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.