Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) (33844 Views)

Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier, Billy In Borno (photos) / Boko Haram Kills Lieutenant-Colonel Mamudu In Borno (photos) / Brother Of Lt. Col. Umusu Killed By Boko Haram Writes Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by henryanna36: 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
Boko Haram terrorists have killed another senior Nigerian Army officer, identified as, O. Umusu. Umusu who was a Lieutenant Colonel and Commanding Officer, 118 Task Force Battallion in Borno State.

He was killed alongside his security details, by an IED in an ambush Monday evening, December 12.

The officer and his men were reportedly returning from Maiduguri to their location towards Baga. The incident happened between Sari and Gudumbali.

Their remains were evacuated to 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital.

O.Umusu is one of the four Lt. Col. the army is losing in two months.

Veteran soldier Funsho Yusuf who has known him for years wrote.....

'I have known Lt Col Otos Umusu since the age of 11,he has always been a courageous and highly resolute man. We have been good friends for over 25 years. Otos as he is fondly called was responsible for channeling supplies to our troops in the frontlines for a few years. He was promoted last year and became a commanding officer of one of the units combating insurgency in NortEast Nigeria. I interacted with Otos 2 nights ago till around 3am on Saturday. I remembered him throwing a jibe at me for not visiting his more volatile location in Madagali during my recent tour of the North East. He also raised his observation on the fight against insurgency being intensified in the media rather than on ground. I looked into his eyes with sympathy as I appreciated his selfless sacrifice and those of our other troops who are fighting with limited resources. To be honest I usually pray in my heart we see again whenever I parted ways with anyone serving in NorthEast Nigeria. I was heartbroken to hear about your passing this morning. You are a hero and should never be forgotten,I pray to God almighty to give your family the fortitude to bear your loss. You shall certainly rest in peace my Colonel'

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/another-fallen-herolt-colonel-umusua.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by wite111(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
I am one of the Nigerians who believed that Buhari and his APC cohorts are scam apart from Ambode.Buhari and his lie lie minister Laid Mohammed told us that Boko Haram has been defeated.Atiku came out and said it is a lie.So what is happening now?Atiku all the way in 2019 or Ambode vs Peter Obi ticket!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by TippyTop(m): 1:16pm On Dec 13, 2016
R.I.P to a gallant soldier, shame on Burutai for spending the money meant for soldiers in buying up choice properties in Dubai.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Another sacrificial lamb, may God help us

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
May the Almighty grant the family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss cry

Adieu, gallant cry

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by buharimustlive: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
BUHARI keep buying Dane AK-47 guns for our soldiers.

MOD please I don't like my user name? Who asked you to change it?

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Atiku2019: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
wite111:
I am one of the Nigerians who believed that Buhari and his APC cohorts are scam apart from Ambode.Buhari and his lie lie minister Laid Mohammed told us that Boko Haram has been defeated.Atiku came out and said it is a lie.So what is happening now?Atiku all the way in 2019 or Ambode vs Peter Obi ticket!

May God Bless Our Gallant Soldiers laying down their lives for us all to live and sleep peacefully cry cry cry.

RIP Gallant Soldier cry

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Presidiotbuhari: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
Naturally I don't pity nigerian army or police when such tragedy befall them. Perhaps, because more innocent nigerians have perished in their hands than in the hands of criminals.

Anybody or organisation that is the enermy of the masses deserves no pity from thesame masses.

16 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by walemoney007(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:
Naturally I don't pity nigerian army or police when such tragedy befall them. Perhaps, because more innocent nigerians have perished in their hands than in the hands of criminals.

Anybody or organisation that is the enermy of the masses deserves no pity from thesame masses.
i dont pity them too expecially the Nigerian army they are so brutal and senseless.
i will never forget my journey to ikare in 2014,soldiers told a man in his late 50's to kneel down just because he didnt horn before passing through their check point...the man wife and children were in the car too o.

Nigeria is a useless country

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by freeze001(f): 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
I remembered him throwing a jibe at me for not visiting his more volatile location in Madagali during my recent tour of the North East. He also raised his observation on the fight against insurgency being intensified in the media rather than on ground. I looked into his eyes with sympathy as I appreciated his selfless sacrifice and those of our other troops who are fighting with limited resources.

And this here is the crux of the problem! Media hype of fake gains and muzzling of real problems whilst our people perish!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by wowmenow: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
I feel more whenever they kill any boko haram members

They innocent people that are brainwashed by religion and politics
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by caesaraba(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
This is really worrisome. How come immediately after the chibok girls' release, BH attacks have been more streamlined and successful in taking out high ranking officers. This is the third Battalion commander to die this few months.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by tigerclaws: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
freeze001:

And this here is the crux of the problem! Media hype of fake gains and muzzling of real problems whilst our people perish!
cc
ngeneukwenu omenka tonyebarcanista donphilopus modath

Thunder fire any body that believes that bokoharam has been conquered

useless people

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by kettykin: 6:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
The Nigerian military are wise to have chosen their battle in doing operation crocodile in the south east where there is no record of insurgency and militancy but left the north east that has been a bed of insurgency .
May God help the soldiers who are in the north east

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Neoguru1: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
Angel of God is sweeping the people that say Biafrans must be massacred. Chukwu Okike Abiama otito diri gi, onye bi n'elu-Igwe anyi n'e fe.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
How many more do we have to loose before Buhari and his government would acknowledge that the war hasn't been won as they have prematurely declared.
Yet another #softTarget downed by BH
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by oloriooko(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Why are our promising young agile soldiers being killed?
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
fourth Lt.col in two months .....and we are winning the war ?someone must be lying cus i am not "understanding"

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by veekid(m): 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2016

and buhari promised us to curb this people within six months in office
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2016

Buhari

You will never go unpunished

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by tonio2wo: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
top dog!

Rip
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by lonelydora: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
Work hazard shaa. RIP gallant soldier
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by 0b10010011: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
wite111:

undecided

You need help
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by czaratwork: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
Life just wasted. RIP.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by kingvectorv(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Rip
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by 0b10010011: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
Neoguru1:
Angel of God is sweeping the people that say Biafrans must be massacred. Chukwu Okike Abiama otito diri gi, onye bi n'elu-Igwe anyi n'e fe.

You been reading too much of the scriptures of late. The same angel that can't free Nnamadi Kanu from prison.

U nefer shee chumtin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by RentALodge: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
Another woman made widow, another set of children made fatherless. This is very disheartening.

Yet Buhari and Oga Lai keep telling Nigerians that Boko Harram has been degraded. Sincere Nigerians wonder how a degraded Boko Haram still have potentials to launch attacks where these senior army officer were killed.

To kill a Colonnel in any attack means many others ranks were gone/killed, yet APC keep deceiving us.

Buhari, oga Lai and APC can only fool themselves but never these women that are made to cry daily nor Nigerians are already abreast of their desperation to hide facts.

May the soul of our Gallant Soldier rest in peace!!!

Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by Promismike(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
ehe
Re: Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) by slawomir: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
we should always expect such killings from the boko haram sect when the army is fighting insurgency with sincerity. before the army were hiding and pretending to be fighting boko-haram. but now the fighting have been intensified. every soldier is on the battle field. be it a sergeant, corpral or lieutenant.
no more hiding place for our gallant soldiers.
no government can put an end to terrorism because terrorism is like Hydra when their head is cut off expect the head as an outgrowth from different part of the body. if you doubt, ask Americans about Taliban and al-qaeda.

rest in peace to the commanding officer umosu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Sacks 20 Cross River Lawmakers For Defecting To APC / Sadiya Umar Farouq Visits Onitsha Fire Outbreak Scene - Photos / Okey Ahiwe Emerges Abia PDP Governorship Candidate (See Votes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.