Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo (672 Views)

On Coronavirus: Who Else Has Seen This? / Pictures Of Air Pollution From Nembe Waterside Port Harcourt Seen This Morning / Anyone Ever Seen This Chair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo by chinchin1973: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
this lump just appeared on my 5 yrs old child's lower lip, it has been there for the past three weeks now, i took him to private hospital the very first day i saw it so the hospital recommended Augmentin syrup which i bough and gave him for one week, yet no improvement.
the lump is painless, sometimes it appears bigger, sometimes smaller like when he wake up in the morning after a long night rest.
sometime soft sometimes it feels hard.
my fear is that i have not seen such in any child's mouth. if you have seen such in your child's mouth, what did you do to melt the lump
ples help am scared so scared.

the lump is just exactly like the one in this pic

Re: Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo by shirley26(f): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2016
It could be that he is allergic to something. Just be observant
Re: Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo by chinchin1973: 6:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
shirley26:
It could be that he is allergic to something. Just be observant
thanks,

I don[t just know why the devil always want to put sadness into my happiness.
the doctor suggested surgery on this little lip, am not just myself again,
I have even stop him from eating anything snacks, even milk, biscuits which is his favorite am just confused cos I
have not seen any child with such painless growth inside the lip for that matter
I shew it to some other mothers that have children before me and they said they have never seen such on their kids's mouth

anyone with experience should ples tell me how you handled it until it disappeared.
Re: Help A Panniking Mother Please, I Have Not Seen This One Before Oo by drgingersnap: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hi Madam. He needs to see a dentist. I suspect it's a mucocele,it happens when there's injury to the minor salivary glands. If you are in Lagos,you can take him to Massey Children's Hospital Lagos Island or General Hospital Lagos Island. They will need to take it out and most preferably do the histology(check under the microscope) just to be sure. Don't be afraid,the earlier you take him,the better. One of the good things is that it's painless,so most probably it's a benign growth and pls i recommended these places because you need to see an oral pathologist and oral and maxillofacial surgeon,not a general practitioner. MCH is ideal because they see basically children there. All the best!!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Breakthrough: Michael Okpara Varsity Discovers Cure For HIV/AIDS / 10 Dangerous Bedtime Habits That You Should Always Avoid / Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.