Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu (1219 Views)

Proscribed IPOB Members Protest In Aba Today,say IGP Can't Intimidate Them(pics / They Would Die Before They Would Arrest Me - Nnamdi Kanu Says (Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Goes Berserk In Court, Says ‘buhari Can’t Intimidate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Limitednow: 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
NNAMDI Kanu, leader of the Independent People of Biafra, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of lying, saying the president cannot intimidate him.

At a stormy court session on Tuesday, Mr. Kanu said the president can intimidate court judges, but not him.

“The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,” said Mr. Kanu.

A Federal High Court in Abuja ruled on Tuesday on an application seeking the protection of witnesses in the ongoing trial of Mr. Kanu, and three others, David Nwawuisi, Benjamin Madubugwu and Chidiebere Onwudiwe, who are facing trial for alleged treasonable felony.

They were arraigned before Justice Binta Nyako after the first defendant said he had no confidence in the former judge, John Tsoho.

The court had adjourned the application for protection of witnesses to December 13.

Delivering the ruling, Mrs. Binta said the court would allow the witnesses some degree of protection.

“The counsels and the defendants will see the witnesses. The witnesses will have special entrances to and outside the court,” the judge said.

Mrs. Nyako also said the court would allow the witnesses to be shielded with screen-guards. She said the court would set aside two days for rehearsals on how the witnesses will come into the court and depart from the court.

After the ruling was given, Mr. Kanu said he would not allow himself to be given a secret trial in any way.

Raising his voice, Mr. Kanu said anything short of a public trial will not be allowed.

Mr. Kanu’s lawyer, Chux Muoma, warned his client to allow the counsel he employed to do his job without undue interference in court.

“Sit down! I am your counsel let me talk. I have not come all the way here to allow you speak for me in court,” said Mr. Muoma.

He apologised to the court afterwards. Counsel to the other defendants said they will make a formal application against the judgement. They said they were opposed to the ruling of the court.

Shortly after, the defendants began to clamour for an opportunity to speak to their lawyers.

The judge, Mrs. Nyako, warned the defendants to desist from making her court rowdy.

The judge said her ruling did not imply that the trial will be conducted in secret.

“It is not going to be a secret trial. The court will allow the defendants see the witnesses. The defendant counsel will also see the witnesses,” said Mrs. Nyako.

The defendants challenged that position again, drawing the judge’s warning.

“If you don’t stop talking in my court I will assume you are becoming a nuisance in my court. And if I assume so, I will continue this trial in your absence, so do not try my patience,” she said.

“When you are in my court you will do what I want. It’s like having a visitor in your house; you can serve the visitor food but if he wants to eat he will eat and if he doesn’t want to, he will not.”

After a brief recess, Mr. Kanu began to speak again.

“I will address this court! You cannot be killing my people and tell me that you will make me have a secret trial. That won’t happen! The president can intimidate the judges, but he cannot do that to me. Tell him he has lied,” said Mr. Kanu.

The other defendants soon joined in the voice of opposition against the court’s ruling and the session became rowdy.

The court clerks then told the people present in court that the session was over and that the matter would not continue again on Tuesday.

Outside the court, the IPOB supporters clashed with the security operatives while the latter tried to return Mr. Kanu and the other defendants to the vehicle that had brought them.

They kept shouting chants in support of the Biafran State, after the vehicles carrying the defendants zoomed off on top speed.

[NAN]

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/biafra-buhari-cant-intimidate-me-nnamdi-kanu/

Lalasticlala

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Eshinwaju: 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
This slowpoke will never come out....just keep quiet and enjoy Kuje...animal... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by farokkunle: 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Eshinwaju:
This slowpoke will never come out....just keep quiet and enjoy Kuje...animal... grin

LOOK AT you the real slow poke shocked shocked shocked slow poke real slow poke shocked shocked

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Intrepid01(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lool..you go tey for prison well well

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by agbangam: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
cheesy Nnamdi oooo, Mandela of our time, na 26 more yrs remain oo, so reserve ur energy.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by amaechi1: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Oga Judge don't assume he is nuisance, he has being constituting nuisance. Send him away. Ndi oso chi egbu.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Eshinwaju: 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
farokkunle:

LOOK AT you the real slow poke shocked shocked shocked slow poke real slow poke shocked shocked

Kontinu to support the moronic dunce whose home is Kuje...you hear....very soon you go fit join am... angry.....
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by farokkunle: 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
Eshinwaju:

Kontinu to support the moronic dunce whose home is Kuje...you hear....very soon you go fit join am... angry.....

clap for your self the world is your's ? just back off ,sweating at every ipob tread like AJONJA CORPSE MAGGOT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by philanthropist1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
A brave man is always a brave man..... I love this man courage. may God grant you freedom and people of Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Catastrophe1: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
WE SAY NO TO SECRET TRIALS.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by NwaTeacher1: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
NNAMDI KALU, I LOVE YOU PASS MY MOTHER

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Intrepid01(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2016
wxyz1:
He is an hero, to set a nation free is not a day job. Before Moses could set the Israelite free it was not a day job. Nelson Mandela received more humiliation than this, he still achieve his purpose. You accuse somebody of treason publicly but you want to testify in secret, that is cowardice to the highest order.

Lol bros relax your nerves.....stop being used by the politicians. The cry about Biafra is some politicians ticket to get Buhari's attention. And it is working perfectly well...it is not for the sake of ordinary people like you and I....the present call for Biafra is not genuine. When will ordinary people like you and I stop being tools in the hands of politicians.....this guys using us are our number 1 enemy.
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by midol: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
There is more testotorone in left ball of an Igbo man than in 20 of our yoruba men. Even the dahomey ladies confirmed it. I am ashamed of the of yoruba tribe. grin
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by midol: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
Intrepid01:
[s]

Lol bros relax your nerves.....stop being used by the politicians. The cry about Biafra is some politicians ticket to get Buhari's attention. And it is working perfectly well...it is not for the sake of ordinary people like you and I....the present call for Biafra is not genuine. When will ordinary people like you and I stop being tools in the hands of politicians.....this guys using us are our number 1 enemy.[/s]

my fellow 'we ss' yoruba. Deceitful man, Please close mouth and ask for oduduwa republic. If we unite to ask for oduduwa republic heaven will not fall. Stop disgracing thr yoruba tribe with your deceitful sermons. Yesterday you say you be 'SS' wey hate Ibo. Today you dey preach give us. grin
Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Opakan2: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
oh boy!

you go tey for prison.. your flatron mumus no send you again, na Atiku matter dem carry for head now

funny people

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Buhari Can't Intimidate Me - Nnamdi Kanu by Intrepid01(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
midol:

my fellow 'we ss' yoruba. Deceitful man, Please close mouth and ask for oduduwa republic. If we unite to ask for oduduwa republic heaven will not fall. Stop disgracing thr yoruba tribe with your deceitful sermons. Yesterday you say you be 'SS' wey hate Ibo. Today you dey preach give us. grin

Sorry for the mistake. I mistook you for a sensible person...continue to masturbate on ya Biafra.... grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Stand Out Nigerian Governors 2016 - Check List / PHOTOS: Nigeria’s Acting President Bags Chieftaincy Title In Akwa Ibom / See Why Attorney-general Of The Federation May Be Fired (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.