Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? (484 Views)

What Investment Can A Student Make With #100k / What Investment Can I Start With 500,000 And Get 1,000,000 In One Year. / What Investment Can One Make With 4million Naira In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
Evening nlers, I'd really love your advises on what to invest in with 1m in this harsh times.
I've got a couple of ideas: transportation and becoming an agent of one of these sport betting companies like bet9ja but I'm skeptical about it.
I really need something tangible and worthwhile, your advises are highly welcome. thanks!
Re: What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by HQuadreal: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Farming Business.
Re: What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by Oluwapresley(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
Olon:
Evening nlers, I'd really love your advises on what to invest in with 1m in this harsh times.
I've got a couple of ideas: transportation and becoming an agent of one of these sport betting companies like bet9ja but I'm skeptical about it.
I really need something tangible and worthwhile, your advises are highly welcome. thanks!

1. transport business is good! that's one area one can venture in with capital as low as 200k. in ur case, u av 1m. so its a good option.
2. agriculture. I'm a huge fan of agriculture cox I've seen it work. my parents were into it and its something I will go into anytime any day. but this comes with a lot of things. the livestock aspect comes with a lot of risks, depending on which livestock u wanna venture into. personal, I like poultry but u need an expert here so u don't lose all ur money. poultry birds are very prone to a lot of diseases. they are very very very sensitive. that I've found out based on experience and I'm a 500 level student of agriculture, OAU. in summary on agriculture, I would advise that u go into crops for a start. and I would suggest plantain plantation cox u could get suckers at a very cheap price and the rate of proliferation is high. in a very short time, u would make back what u put in in terms of capital, time, effort etc. but if u wanna go livestock, hmmm. the economy is crazy right now. things are expensive. the last time I asked about the price of a cockerel bird, it was within the range of #4k-#5k. which means cost of production(feeding, medication etc.) is now very high. back then, cockerel price never went above 1k5 to 2k. I don't think Nigerians got that kinda money to spend
Re: What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Oluwapresley:

1. transport business is good! that's one area one can venture in with capital as low as 200k. in ur case, u av 1m. so its a good option.
2. agriculture. I'm a huge fan of agriculture cox I've seen it work. my parents were into it and its something I will go into anytime any day. but this comes with a lot of things. the livestock aspect comes with a lot of risks, depending on which livestock u wanna venture into. personal, I like poultry but u need an expert here so u don't lose all ur money. poultry birds are very prone to a lot of diseases. they are very very very sensitive. that I've found out based on experience and I'm a 500 level student of agriculture, OAU. in summary on agriculture, I would advise that u go into crops for a start. and I would suggest plantain plantation cox u could get suckers at a very cheap price and the rate of proliferation is high. in a very short time, u would make back what u put in in terms of capital, time, effort etc. but if u wanna go livestock, hmmm. the economy is crazy right now. things are expensive. the last time I asked about the price of a cockerel bird, it was within the range of #4k-#5k. which means cost of production(feeding, medication etc.) is now very high. back then, cockerel price never went above 1k5 to 2k. I don't think Nigerians got that kinda money to spend
if I'm to invest in any kind of business, it should be something I'll like or try liking in the future so the farming ish is canceled, thanks all the same.
Please do elaborate on the transportation aspect. thanks again.
Re: What Investment Or Business Is Suitable To Be Established With N1m? by Oluwapresley(m): 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2016
Olon:

if I'm to invest in any kind of business, it should be something I'll like or try liking in the future so the farming ish is canceled, thanks all the same.
Please do elaborate on the transportation aspect. thanks again.
The transport ish is based on some factors like:
1. getting a vehicle( bike, bus, trailer etc) in a very good condition. it mustn't be a new product but it definitely has to be strong since its gonna be like an everyday movement.
2. getting a trusted person(s) to handle the vehicles. trust is gonna be a very key factor in going into transport business, either in the aspect of not absconding with ur vehicle or to deliver the right money at the right time without too much daily excuses. well, u could also do higher purchase as an alternative to delivering. I hope u get this part, sir.
3. location: I think location is another key factor based on this reason: a location with a huge population increases turn over which at the end of the day increases gains. not just population, but the population that needs transportation. for instance, there are some places with high population but most of them got their own means of transport. so places that got a lot of movement like university areas or I dunno.. u get, right?
lastly, I dunno how true this is. but my lecturer said something once about tractors. that if u could get a tractor, then ppl rent it for preparation of their lands, that huge returns could be made from it. I don't know how true this is.
Note: all these I said above are based on my thinking and some experiences of other ppl. I don't av a first hand experience in transport business. but it's something I would wanna get involved in. Elvis

(1) (Reply)

MMM Owner, Sergie-mavrodi Writes A Warning Letter To The Nigerian Journalists. / cl / Short-term Trading Of Nigerian Stocks Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.