Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,625 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom (4425 Views)

Oshiomole's 'edo University Iyamho' Charges Close To N1m As School Fees / Osuofia Ndigbo Visits VP Osinbajo In Aso Rock Today / Lg Boss Dragged To Efcc For Approving N1m As Wife’s Kitchen Allowance Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by AloyEmeka6: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2009
Osuofia: Kidnappers reject N1m as ransom
Jude Ossai, Enugu
Friday, November 13, 2009

NOLLYWOOD actor, Ikem Owoh, popularly called Osuofia, who was allegedly kidnapped four days ago, may not regain freedom early, as his abductors, on Thursday, turned down N1 million ransom offered by members of his family for his freedom.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/13/607.html

Speaking on condition of anonymity, one of the relatives of the actor disclosed that the kidnappers had already rejected the money offered them.

According to the source, the kidnappers had vowed not to release the actor until the family met their N15millon demand.

It was learnt that the actor was in his country home in Enugu, when he called his personal assistant, who was in Lagos, to inform him of his intention to go to Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, on Monday.

A few minutes after, another call was reportedly put across to his aide by a man who claimed to be a member of a gang that kidnapped Owoh.

He demanded for a N15 million ransom even as he did not disclose where and when the ransom should be paid.

But the Abia State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Jonathan Johnson, when contacted, said since newspapers reported that the kidnap of Owoh occurred on Port Harcourt road, there was nothing the command could do.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by MrCrackles(m): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2009
With the amount of half baked  movies they reportedly churn out, they cant afford one million naira shocked shocked shocked
How much do nollytrash actors and actresses even get paid sef
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by Ibime(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2009
Osuofia, no dull me o!

Pls represent properly. Abi na 1 million na im you dey dey price?

Even me sef fit pay that one for you.

Abeg price dem up to $10m at least. Show us you have some money mehn!!! grin grin
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by DeepSoul(f): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

With the amount of half baked movies they reportedly churn out, they cant afford one million naira shocked shocked shocked

They get paid a lot more than you'd expect. The half-baked movies are bought by millions of Nigerians and Africans so go figure.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by MrCrackles(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

They get paid a lot more than you'd expect. The half-baked movies are bought by millions of Nigerians and Africans so go figure.
So why cant he afford one million bucks
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by spikedcylinder: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2009
Men, this kidnapping business dey pay o.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by DeepSoul(f): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Men, this kidnapping business dey pay o.

I dey tell you. See people dey reject a whole one million naira inside economic crunch. Wat else can we say, lol
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by redsun(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2009
But how are these ransoms negotiated or paid without the police not been able to trace the kidnappers?This is the age of affordable tracking devices and one should expect the nigerian police to be well equipped and well versed in tracking gadgets,since that is nature of crimes they are dealing with.

But as always,it's nigeria,yeye country where everything a joke,like child's play.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by MrCrackles(m): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2009
redsun:

But how are these ransoms negotiated or paid without the police not been able to trace the kidnappers?This is the age of affordable tracking devices and one should expect the nigerian police to be well equipped and well versed in tracking gadgets,since that is nature of crimes they are dealing with.
But as always,it's nigeria,yeye country where everything a joke,like child's play.
Nigeria police well equipped? shocked
You must be having a laff. . . grin grin grin
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by redsun(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2009
It is crazy u know.And we are talking about bode george getting two years jail sentence for messing with 80 billion naira of nigeria money.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by DeepSoul(f): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2009
redsun:

The only thing police are well equipped with is enough pockets to put all the money they beg and sometimes harrass innocent citizens for.
The only tracking device they have is their signature torchlight which they swing up and down to track down cars.
Infact the police may even b working with the kidnappers and they might have a plan to share the ransom once it's paid.
Or the police may be the kidnappers themselves
Do not underestimate the powers of the Nigerian Police F[b]a[/b]rce
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by redsun(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

The only thing police are well equipped with is enough pockets to put all the money they beg and sometimes harrass innocent citizens for.
The only tracking device they have is their signature torchlight which they swing up and down to track down cars.
Infact the police may even b working with the kidnappers and they might have a plan to share the ransom once it's paid.
Or the police may be the kidnappers themselves
Do not underestimate the powers of the Nigerian Police F[b]a[/b]rce

You are right,the police could be collaborators as always.Kidnapping is one of easiest crime to burst for an organize police,yet these people get away with it like it is piece of cake.

I don't mind them kidnapping and killing the politicians and their cohorts,but when has to with hard working and productive nigerians,it is just painful and partetic.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by redsun(m): 11:16am On Nov 14, 2009
A country that does not have an independent,organized,discipline,equipped and strong police force and judiciary is not a country but a rogue state.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by SapeleGuy: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2009
Prime suspects in this kidnapping matter nah bank workers who dey feed information to kidnap gangs.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by madamL(f): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2009
Serious allegation, I mean about bank workers
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2009
Did the IG not say that nobody should give kidnappers any ransom?
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by weet: 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2009
Omo na wa oo this kidnappers them no jasi at all why 1 million naira that shows that they are Ajepako real one . osuofia family should give Caesar what belong to caesar they are claiming their own right for osuofia head so make them give them and let this matter dies the question now is WHO IS THE NEXT PERSON? make them no try am for any of my relative ooooo if not lipsrsealed
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by meine: 12:18pm On Nov 14, 2009
grin grin grin

"Haba N15mill the kidnappers mouth don big ooo,enu won ti fe!

Anyways,this will teach them that actors are bad for businesses, politicians is where the money @"

On a serious note,may God protect him.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by robby1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
Those kidnappers wont release him too soon. Not because they wont get the money but because he will keep them so cracked up, they would forget he is a victim.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

With the amount of half baked  movies they reportedly churn out, they cant afford one million naira shocked shocked shocked

One cannot tell where you stand on issues on this forum.
When it comes to sick leaders who have looted the country dry and made it possible for kidnappers to be everywhere, you are quick to pray for their recovery. But now, its about a private individual who has earned his money legally. . . . you are asking him to pay the kidnappers just because you feel he has the money. You even went ahead to call him trash.

You are a bastard!
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by MrCrackles(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2009
nuzo:

When it comes to sick leaders who have looted the country dry and made it possible for kidnappers to be everywhere, you are quick to pray for their recovery. But now, its about a private individual who has earned his money legally. . . . you are asking him to pay the kidnappers just because you feel he has the money. You even went ahead to call him trash.
You are a bastard!
Hahahaha. . . . Have you finished Osuofia's lapdog cheesy
I think you cant tell where i stand on issues on the forum because you are too daft and besides i dont have to face the same direction as ya'all!
Nollytrash is a diss term for the Nigeria movie industry by the way. . .
Feel free to interpret it whichever way you like!
Have a NOlly-saturday because i wont join you in derailing the thread further! wink
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Hahahaha. . . . Have you finished Osuofia's lapdog cheesy
I think you can tell where i stand on issues on the forum because you are too daft and besides i dont have to face the same direction as ya'all!
Nollytrash is a diss term for the Nigeria movie industry by the way. . .
Feel free to interpret it whichever way you like!
Have a NOlly-saturday! wink

I do not give a hoot about Nollywood and most Nigerian actors. They are so mediocre and I have always called it out in threads about Nollywoods. In fact, after Living in Bondage and a few other early movies. . . I stop seeing Nigerian movies.

However, as much as I criticize their mediocrity every now and then, I have never failed to recognize the fact that the little success of the industry was built from individual sweat and hard work. Unlike Hollywood and Bollywood, they have hardly gotten any support from the government as regards to fighting piracy and other benefits they needed to improve.

Knowing that these Nollywood guys have legally worked their ways to wherever they are today, its shear wickedness, jealousy, cowardice and hypocritical to ask the kidnapped Osuofia to pay criminals just because you think he has made money from an industry you despise but find so much strenght in asking people to pray for Mariam Babangida.

What a lost course you are.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2009
I should also remind you that I dont give a flying fuc.k about Osuofia as an actor, but will support him as one of the many hard working Nigerians who thrive on rough Nigerian terrain.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by chelseabmw(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
Am loving this thread,
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by naijaking1: 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2009
nuzo:

You are a bastard!
Thank you. I was just about to say the same thing. The man's principles are upside-down. Sometimes, it's better to ignore the SOB.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by hackney(m): 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
Someone said Tracking device.
I no fit laff abeg
@nuzo
MrCrackles might be a hi-tech robot for all we know.
(those comments in mono-tones;priceless)
LMAO
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by sjeezy8: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2009
He was probably set up and N1m is an insult im sure he gets paid well for acting.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
Same people who despise MEND for kidnapping are the first to celebrate the kidnapping of a hard working private individual.

Most Nigerians should have their middle names as "Hypocrites"
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2009
na wa ooooo
greedy kidnappers!!
they should only get =N= 50,000 or even nothing!!
let them release Nkem Owoh ooooo cry cry cry
one of the funniest guys in nollywood.
i can watch some of his movies over and over again and still laugh the second time.
biko ooooo, release Nkem! cry cry cry
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
hackney:

Someone said Tracking device.
I no fit laff abeg
it can one day happen, just one day, hopefully.
especially in a country like this where kidnapping is a daily thing.
its VERY MUCH needed.
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by deji2009(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

na wa ooooo
greedy kidnappers!!
they should only get =N= 50,000 or even nothing!!
let them release Nkem Owoh ooooo  cry cry cry
one of the funniest guys in nollywood.
i can watch some of his movies over and over again and still laugh the second time.
biko ooooo, release Nkem!  cry cry cry

THE-AMAKA. Mine was Osofia in London. did you watched it ?
wink
Re: Osuofia: Kidnappers Reject N1m As Ransom by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:51pm On Nov 14, 2009
deji2009:

THE-AMAKA. Mine was Osofia in London. did you watched it ?
wink

LOLOL YESS!!
i even own that movie.
that white lady was hilarious and his wife and kids in the village too.
funny movie, its WAYYYY better than Mr. Ibu in London which i also have.
have you ever watched the movie "Calculator" ? that movie will keep you laughing oooo.
Nkem Owoh is really good, thats why they should RELEASE HIM!!!!!!!! angry sad cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern Sudan Seeks Nigeria’s Support / Breaking News ! Rochas Is New Governor Of Imo State / Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.