Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) (684 Views)

Umahi Bags 2016 Zik Prize For Leadership In Good Governance Award / Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(1) / 2019:awo Or Zik (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by ooduapathfinder: 5:52am On Dec 14, 2016
www.ooduapathfinder.com

Nebukadineze Adiele: If the Yoruba intelligentsia has today known what Igbo knew 50 years ago, Yoruba must come cleanly and honestly, instead of pulling this insulting cunningness brazenly articulated in this easy. This cunningness merely tells Igbo and the minorities of Nigeria that Yoruba is still not politically trustworthy, especially so when Yoruba ganged up with the same North just last year to chase away an Ijo of the East from the presidency of Nigeria. In addition, anytime that the youths of Igbo land clamor for Biafra, the nation founded by their fathers but which was thwarted by the machinations of Yoruba, the most violent attackers of their clamor are usually the Yoruba.

ooduapathfinder”: The Yoruba had known what the” Igbo knew 50 years ago” before the Igbo came to know it which was why the Yoruba had been advocating for True Federalism right from the beginnings of the anti-colonial struggles, which was definitely before 50 years ago. Furthermore, whether the Yoruba are trustworthy or not is neither here nor there. Assuming that the Igbo are now certain of what they want, just as the Yoruba are, the question is not about trustworthiness, since we are not fighting each others’ fight; the question is what strategies to adopt in pursuing our different or similar quests; for as long as the contradictions of the Nigerian post-colonial State exist, so will the different attempts at reaching some sort of solution. The singular test of a solid solution is that it must rest on its own foundation. Thus, for the Yoruba, regardless of what the Igbo think, we will settle for Independence, Confederation or Federalism (and “ooduapathfinder” will not demand any less for the Igbo)—the bottom line being that the Nigerian Post-Colonial State[b] CANNOT [/b]and MUST NOT continue like this. That is the ONLY pre-condition.

Once this is agreed, any of the three options would be up for negotiation. Before such negotiation takes place, none of those involved must ally with the post-colonial State in order to play any one-upmanship, which was what the NCNC did in 1959, the NPP in 1979, the anti-NADECO posturing of the Igbo, the “alliance” with Goodluck Jonathan and now the romance with Buhari. Thus, when “Igbo youths” clamor for Biafra partly on the platform of killing the Yoruba while other “ Igbo youths” outside Igboland lay claim to ownership of Lagos while yet other “youths” promote Igbo monarchies in Yorubaland without mentioning the conscription of non-Igbolands in the East into Biafra, it must be very clear that such a clamor will not receive Yoruba blessings just as it should be very clear that the quest for autonomy or independence is not and could not be for any reason other than the rejection of the colonial contraption which was not made for the progress of the peoples of Nigeria. So, as long as the Igbo see the Yoruba(or any other Nationality) as it enemy, it cannot be said that they are fighting for their own liberation, as it were. In all of these, at no time, pre or post-Independence had the Yoruba made any claim to anywhere outside Yorubaland or any geographical space indigenous to the Yoruba.

The Nigerian post-colonial State is an entity in itself, but not for itself since it is anchored on a particular foundation, Fulani hegemony. It could not be for itself because it cannot exist without this foundation so it could only exist in itself as an entity and thus had to be engaged on that recognition. When it is now being said that the “Yoruba ganged up with the same North just last year to chase away an Ijo of the East from the presidency of Nigeria” it simply proves the point being made about the post-colonial State being “in itself” and not “for itself”. For while the “Ijo of the East” was going about in Yorubaland claiming that we are minorities in our land, that our leaders are rascals, pumping money and mercenaries to effect a change in our electoral formulations and not paying heed to fundamental Yoruba demands even after a memo was submitted to him by the Yoruba on Restructuring Nigeria as a necessity, the Igbo played along and actually seized “on the moment” to declare their monarchies in some areas in Yorubaland, magnified their claims as to Lagos being a “no man’s land” etc all of which would necessarily trigger a response from the Yoruba unless the Igbo had already concluded that the Yoruba are stupid which would also flow with their historical unitarist agenda.

This was besides the fact that it was mainly the Yoruba who made it possible for the “Ijo of the east” to become the President in the first instance just as the Yoruba also “chased away” the PDP in Yorubaland as a force to reckon with; which goes on to show that the Nigerian post-colonial State is an entity in itself being anchored on Fulani hegemony. On the other hand, were it “for itself”, Nigeria will be a function of its multi-ethnic nature thereby changing the character of the Nigerian post-colonial State from a Fulani anchored entity into a “Nigerian” entity, which in any case is impossible unless all of the other Nationalities are defeated and politically neutralized in such a way that they become irrelevant in Fulani pursuit of its hegemony; all of Nigeria then becomes Fulani in character just as the Hausa were so forced into becoming Hausa-Fulani.
Remove the hegemony and Nigeria will be different. Instead of pursuing this course, the Igbo always try to become part of that hegemony, as all the examples show. Now, the Yoruba rightly allied with the hegemony to chase away the “Ijo of the east”. The alliance that brought about that change would have been in a position to change the maxim from being “in itself” to being “for itself “ if only this paradigm is recognized and no one is now playing to become a part of the hegemony which will only reinforce its being “in itself” since the hegemony is left untouched. The hegemony relied on certain characters from Yorubaland to pursue this goal and these Yoruba characters will now get into a conflict with the new found Igbo characters who will battle each other for acceptance into the Fulani hegemonist calculations. What would happen could only be left for the imagination if both the Igbo and the Yoruba and indeed other Nationalities can recognize the “in itself” problematic and act within such recognition.

Nebukadineze Adiele: Yoruba has violated Igbo’s vision for equal coexistence of all the ethic groups that make up Nigeria since 1967 up to the present. It is insulting that instead of the Yoruba approaching the Igbo with a mea culpa, to the effect that it now understands where Igbo stood all along, it comes through the backdoor, claiming to being the true champion of Nigeria not dominated by the minority Fulani. This approach will never work; it will only ensure that Nigeria remains a playground of the Fulani’s where Igbo, Yoruba, and the minorities are peckers of woods and fetchers of water. Igbo is prepared to work with anybody to make Nigeria workable for all, but such a work cannot begin from the stand point of fraud, distortion, and cunning coercion.

“ooduapathfinder”: The foundation of Yoruba quest for True Federalism is equal co-existence for all the Nigerian Nationalities; right from the days of the Egbe Omo Oduduwa to the debates and declarations at Independence conferences through all of the republics Nigeria had passed through, up till date and the Yoruba had not wavered from this. So if there is any need for any mea culpa, it must come from the Igbo. Even if 1967 is recognized as the starting point for this, the Igbo owe everyone a mea culpa for scuttling any attempt at restructuring Nigeria since at least 1947!!!! But “ooduapathfinder” will not go this route for it is not necessary. Going that route shows a lack of understanding of what self-determination takes. If the Igbo are prepared to “work with anybody to make Nigeria workable for all” the first step is to deny those Igbo among them who are angling for a piece of the pie from Fulani hegemony. These characters also exist within Yorubaland, as the recent Ondo State electoral experience has shown and the Yoruba also have to find ways and means of making them politically irrelevant.concluded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by JimiOgunlola: 6:24am On Dec 14, 2016
All these na turenci, the truth is that we yorubas no get liver to ask for oodua sovereignty, we fear fulani pass anything.

The reason why we even have brown roof IDP camp in Ibadan is because fulani chased our yoruba fathers from kwara. Just look at our Awo, he was accused of treason, he drank insecticide due to fear of fulani but look at Kanu, he's facing fulani guns yet undettered in the face of death. We must always say thr truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by xnsandrxns: 6:42am On Dec 14, 2016
I hope they read this objectively
But of course they won't

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by Ahmadgani(m): 6:46am On Dec 14, 2016
a typical Yoruba man wouldn't put all his eggs in one basket

an Igbo man is pragmatic and too rigid

a Hausa man is cunning, he uses both the Yorubas and the igbos to actualise his dreams. he discards them immediately

the only solution is to clip off the wings of the Hausa man i.e Igbo and Yoruba should align with the middle belt.

3 Likes

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by najoke: 8:42am On Dec 14, 2016
[s]
JimiOgunlola:
All these na turenci, the truth is that we yorubas no get liver to ask for oodua sovereignty, we fear fulani pass anything.

The reason why we even have brown roof IDP camp in Ibadan is because fulani chased our yoruba fathers from kwara. Just look at our Awo, he was accused of treason, he drank insecticide due to fear of fulani but look at Kanu, he's facing fulani guns yet undettered in the face of death. We must always say thr truth

[/s]

be proud of your tribe.......this your "we Yorubas" is getting stale

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by JimiOgunlola: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2016
najoke:
[s][/s]

my brother, are you pained that I am saying the truth as an omoluabi. grin

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by Noblecx: 9:41am On Dec 14, 2016
Well. I don't know when Yoruba interest is the National interest.
And what other national interests supercedes an interest that demand equity and justice?

All I see in this op is a desperate misconception. grin
Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by najoke: 9:42am On Dec 14, 2016
[s]
JimiOgunlola:

my brother, are you pained that I am saying the truth as an omoluabi. grin
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4607164_unnamed_gif78b3b9bc676b133df687735c9c36e36e

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by JimiOgunlola: 9:45am On Dec 14, 2016
najoke:
[s][/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4607164_unnamed_gif78b3b9bc676b133df687735c9c36e36e

But u actually give plenty fucckks, that's why you quoted me. Am I frustrating you with my omoluabi truth? grin

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by najoke: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2016
[s]
JimiOgunlola:

But u actually give plenty fucckks, that's why you quoted me. Am I frustrating you with my omoluabi truth? grin
[/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4606262_4605929stupidjpeg25c31719ff36a7e10b9d42a80688ce4f_jpegc93190dc8287700c38984684971ca043
Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by JimiOgunlola: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2016
najoke:
[s][/s]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4606262_4605929stupidjpeg25c31719ff36a7e10b9d42a80688ce4f_jpegc93190dc8287700c38984684971ca043

I like your picture but I just wish it will remove the emirate on our yorubaland, it is a sign of slavery. grin

1 Like

Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by najoke: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2016
[s]
JimiOgunlola:

I like your picture but I just wish it will remove the emirate on our yorubaland, it is a sign of slavery. grin
[/s]
Re: Awo Or Zik: A Response To Mr. Adiele(2) by 0xtr190r: 4:44am On Dec 27, 2016
[s]
najoke:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

If You Really Crushed Us, How Can You See Me Like This? - Shekau tells Buratai / . / Baba Buhari Have A Message For Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.