Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Do You Use Google Maps? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Use Google Maps? (889 Views)

Man Calls Out Google Maps For Nearly Causing Problem In His Marriage / Lightweight Google Maps App Now Available For Download On Google Play Store / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Use Google Maps? by PhonePlanet(m): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2016
Many nigerians like my mom still rely on asking people on the street an okada men for directions. even if i show her way as told by google maps just beside her and i always end up correct, even more than some people.

i always depend on google maps on the mainland 'cos i dont know places and roads there except road to Unilag. my mom on the other hand knows most of the roads on the mainland.

there was a particular day, we were going to isheri magodo. she said she knew where magodo was and went straight to an estate called magodo some meters after 7up by the left coming from third mainland. then we started looking for a building there. i checked google maps and told her i found no results except this is not the magodo. i kept asking her if this is the magodo, 'cos i found result of where we are looking for somewhere else entirely but as per i dont know anywhere, she did not listen to me, she kept asking people on the street and they all was like "go down" "turn like this you will see that" "just drive follow that corner". after driving for so long she came across a man that said he knows no such building in the area. she then told him the address says isheri magodo, it was this man that now confirmed to her that there was another magodo at berger called isheri magodo, that, that was the first magodo, and where we were was the new magodo. i looked at my mom and said "I TOLD YOU!".
We later used google maps to locate the building successfully.

so have you ever or do you use Google or HERE maps??
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by kratosonofzeus: 11:21am On Dec 14, 2016
Ask google
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Segadem(m): 11:27am On Dec 14, 2016
kratosonofzeus:
Ask google
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Elnino4ladies: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
I don't know how to use it
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by dasphinx1(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
Always smiley
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by excanny: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Its one of my favourite apps. One app everyone living in a place like Lagos should always have.
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by casttlebarbz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 14, 2016
u dey tok as if na offline app...
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
I use it all the time. Though I prefer sygic.
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Chimarto: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Many nigerians like my mom still rely on asking people on the street an okada men for directions. even if i show her way as told by google maps just beside her and i always end up correct, even more than some people.

i always depend on google maps on the mainland 'cos i dont know places and roads there except road to Unilag.

so have you ever or do you use Google or HERE maps??

I have been using it for the past 5 years both on my PC and Mobile device. It Earth view is awesome. Do you know that I know some street in Washington DC without being there? It can take you to places u don't know especially the "get direction" feature.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by queenfav(f): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
greenhulk:
I use it all the time. Though I prefer sygic.
hello,i sent u a pm,want your opinion on sth.
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
queenfav:
hello,i sent u a pm,want your opinion on sth.
Replied
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by FunkyMetahuman: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Yes

Google voice
Google. Map
Just perfect together.

Two of my favorites services from google
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by augster(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2016
I don't use it. I go just dey ask for directions, if i no get am, na to go back home
Re: Do You Use Google Maps? by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2016
only when am traveling

(1) (Reply)

On A 41k Budget Is This The Best Phone? / Whatsapp Stops Supporting Nokia(v:2.0) And Co / 4 Great Apps For Taking Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.