Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

What God Really Want: Sinner's Repentance Or Jesus' Death Or Both? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What God Really Want: Sinner's Repentance Or Jesus' Death Or Both? (319 Views)

Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What God Really Want: Sinner's Repentance Or Jesus' Death Or Both? by Abdulgaffar22: 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
Christians believe that Jesus came to die for our sins: yet Deuteronomy
24:16,Ezekiel 18:20-22, Jeremiah 31:30,2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6
and Psalms 49:7 established that THE PERSON THAT COMMITS SIN IS THE ONE WHO WILL DIE. Is the idea that “an innocent person can be killed instead of
those who are guilty” consistent with what the Bible teaches? After the sin of the Golden Calf, God expressed His intention to destroy the Jewish people. Moses intercedes, and asked God to blot him out of His book (i:e to condemn him) as a means of atonement for the sins committed by his followers. But God rejected his request and told him that “Whoever has sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book!” (Exodus 32:30-33). If
Jesus was truly destined to suffer and die for the sins of all humanity, then God should have told Moses plainly that his offer of atonement was rejected because Jesus had taken upon himself this great task of atoning for the sins of all the generations and that if the followers of Moses desire forgiveness for their sins, they should believe in the future
Crucifixion of Jesus. But nothing of such was recorded. On the contrary,
the request made by Moses was rejected on the basis that WHOEVER HAS SINNED
AGAINST GOD, him WILL GOD PUNISH, NOT THE INNOCENT. Furthermore, Luke 5:32 and Mark 2:17 recorded a verse where Jesus said; “I have not come to call
the righteous BUT SINNERS TO REPENTANCE”. If Jesus has actually come to die for the sinners, he would have mentioned it in this verse since he was
talking about the purpose of his coming WITH RESPECT TO THE SINNERS. Moreover,
if this baptism of repentance, for which Jesus came to invite the sinners
to observe, is sufficient to atone and wipe away our sins as stated clearly
in Acts 2:38, 3:19,Mark 1:4, Isaiah 55:6-7 and Ezekiel 33:10-20, then is
there any need again for atonement of sins through Jesus crucifixion? This
is the reason why the original Jesus’ disciples, before Paul came into
scene, were only commanded to warn the people with this message; Repent,
for the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matthew 10:5-7, Mark 1:14, 15). There
was no any reference of sin atonement through Jesus crucifixion in their
preaching. In fact , when Peter was addressing the congregation of
Israelites after Jesus departure, he said to them as follows: Repent, and
let everyone of you be baptized in the name of Christ for the REMISSION OF
SINS; and you shall receive the gift of holy spirit.(Acts 2:38). You can see that Peter and the other apostles only asked the Israelites to remit their sins by observing baptism of repentance. Peter did not mention remission of sins through Jesus crucifixion in this long discussion he had
with the children of Israel. Even logically, this very doctrine cannot be true because telling the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their sins since one innocent man has already been held
responsible on their behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit
sins in as much as they believe in this atonement sacrifice. Whereas
telling the believers that, except they repent sincerely by turning from
their sinful ways, they themselves will be held responsible for their sins
would make them think twice before committing any sin. Of course the latter
is more logical and reasonable than the former.

(1) (Reply)

Pope’s Message To Pastors / The Anointing Makes The Difference / The Chosen Daily Devotional 22nd Dec. 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.