Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. (424 Views)

Bala Mohammed And The Lies Of Lai Mohammed: 170 Stakeholders Back Ex Minister / Shame On Those Wishing Buhari Dead- Adesina / Nigeria Shame On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. by Neoguru1: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Why are we really deceiving ourselves, we have been "brainwashed" all throughout our days in school with so many fake things, for the scope of today, we will be looking at nigeria's national anthem as a case study.

Arise O compatriots, nigeria's call obey,
(hahaha, who are the compatriots? Obj, buhari, ibb, muritala mohamed? Which call are they obeying? Looting I guess. What of the "yoots" shouting Igbos and aboki?

To serve our fatherland with love and strength and faith,
(like seriously? Like the way murtala mohamed butchered 500 Igbos of Asaba, that was how he was serving his "fatherland" with love and strength, OK)
Re: Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. by Neoguru1: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain
(which heroes' labour? Oh, I remember, gowon committing genocide riding on the back of awo)

To serve with heart and might, one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.
(the person that inserted this verse is a legendary Irony icon, who have served this evil forest with heart? You say one nation? When something as little a movie industry has 3 separate industries,"nollywood, yoruba movies, kannywood" running parallel. Moving away from that, which freedom was the person talking about? People go on peaceful protest and gathering and are MASSACRED in cold blood, as for the peace= religious violence from muslims via Terror groups, maitasine, boko haram, etc. Unity? Dont even try to sugarcoat it because there is none.

So to every phrase and clause in the anthem is the complete opposite and blatant lies.
Re: Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. by Trunquejnr(m): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
The national anthem is ironical
Re: Nigeria, Shame On You (part 1): An Exposé on the lies of a country. by freeze001(f): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
I pledge to Nigeria my Country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory,
So help me God!

What a miserable, disgusting, unfortunate pack of lies...
And this is what we are indoctrinated into believing from childhood and some never get to think and know the truth for themselves...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose, Ooni Of Ife Pictured At A Coronation Anniversary In Ekiti / Serap Vs APC Vs SGF (photo) / Ibori Receiving Warm Heroic Welcome After 6 Years In British Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.