Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Police, FSS Students Clash In Oyo Town - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police, FSS Students Clash In Oyo Town (531 Views)

Teachers, Students Clash In Osun, Baptist High School Gbodofon, Osogbo Shutdown / Oh No! FUTY Shut Down As Christians & Muslims Students Clash (see Details) / FSS Oyo 2017/18 Post-utme Screening, Cut-off Mark And Registration Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police, FSS Students Clash In Oyo Town by SincereMind(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
The men of the Nigeria Police Force of the Atiba Divisional Police Station and the students of the Federal School of Surveying, Oyo, yesterday were involved in a face-off which led to injuries and eventually, the arrest of some of the students of the institution.

I was alerted this morning of the incident which happened yesterday evening by one of the students who sent me some really disturbing pictures. This, apparently, forced me to visit the scenes and interview the parties involved in the brouhaha to come up with a balanced story.

My first point of call was to the Federal School of Surveying, Oyo located along Ogbomoso road. On gaining entrance with my three-man crew, we sighted students standing in groups.

While some of the students were discussing the event of the previous nights, some were agitating for a protest/reprisal. Immediately, I put a call across to the President-elect of the Students' Union Government who came to meet us alongside with the outgoing President, Com. Tosin and some other excos of the union.

After a brief introduction, I demanded for the students' side of the story.

Kindly note that this is a version of the story established according to the students' reports and some evidences we gathered within the school premises.

The Students' Version

An HND 2 student of the school (name withheld) allegedly went to eat at a popular food canteen not to far from the school. He was already eating when he started 'bragging' that he shared a close relationship with the DPO of Atiba Police Station and that they often meet to sit down together, eat and gist.

Unknown to the student who was merely trying to impress other customers nearby, he didn't know the DPO was actually one of the customers in the canteen wearing mufti clothes.

According to the students' version of the report, the DPO, who was furious and felt insulted by the guy ordered for a police van and some officers from the station to arrest the student. In a matter of minutes, the guy was whisked away by the police officers to the Atiba Divisional Police station.

On getting to the station, the student's legs were chained and he was ordered to start cutting grasses in the police compound. It was this sight that attracted one of the students who was passing by the station. He recognized the individual before him as one of his colleagues and he hurriedly ran back to the school, opposite the station, to alert other students and students' union.

On receiving the news, the students were infuriated and proceeded immediately to the station demanding for the release of one of them.

At this point, I asked myself these posers;

Why not demand for an explanation on why one of them was chained and punished? Why were they not patient enough to send their leaders to a round table with the officers to know what crime the guy in question committed?

Continue reading at; http://omoiyakunmi..com.ng/2016/12/police-fss-students-clash-in-oyo-town.html

Re: Police, FSS Students Clash In Oyo Town by yomi007k(m): 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
Shoot them all.

They must be barbarians.

.......if the story is true tho.

(1) (Reply)

The English Have Created Something New! / Article: School Dating Is A Gameā€¦the Girl Is The Loser! / Question Of The Day,what Can 5 Naira Buy With In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.