Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! (745 Views)

What Happens To An Expired Poison? / Quit Notice / A 2008 Ramp Oil Barge For Sale And Rent At A Reasonable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Adviseme: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2009
My quit notice and my rent expired today and the Landlady is in my house with some boys threatening to through me out. The problem is that I'm not ready to leave now and she's not willing to extend my rent. I understand she built the house with loan. Now she wants to rent it higher in order to meet up.

Do you think i still have chances even if i take a lawsuit? Besides, the quit notice my agent tendered to me six months ago wasn't a legal one. I was expecting a lawyer to take care of that because i paid for agreement rather she made it herself. What's the best option for me now?
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Adviseme: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2009
i need advice on this today - please
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 15, 2009
Nothing we can tell you but for you to find someone to move in with in the meantime.
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 15, 2009
It would help, if you at least stated where you were.

Legal aspects vary between different countries.
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Adviseme: 3:17pm On Nov 15, 2009
i'm in lagos. I really dont want to make troubles with anyone but the fund is not just there now
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Epi: 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2009
Adviseme:

My quit notice and my rent expired today and the Landlady is in my house with some boys threatening to through me out.
The landlady is in your house threatening to throw you out yet you on computer typing undecided
Adviseme:

My quit notice and my rent expired today
legally she can raise the rent. if u don't pay she can file for eviction.
Adviseme:

What's the best option for me now?
Find urself a lawyer.
Good luck!
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Sauron1: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2009
Adviseme:

My quit notice and my rent expired today and the Landlady is in my house with some boys threatening to through me out. The problem is that I'm not ready to leave now and she's not willing to extend my rent. I understand she built the house with  loan. Now she wants to rent it higher in order to meet up.

Why were you given a quit notice in the first place?
Did you miss out on the rent or did you commit a crime unspeakable in the society?
Are you a murderer or a pedophile?

Do you think i still have chances even if i take a lawsuit? Besides, the quit notice my agent tendered to  me six months ago wasn't a legal one. I was expecting a lawyer to take care of that because i paid  for agreement rather she made it herself.   What's the best option for me now?

Get a lawyer and take her to court. . . . . .That should buy you more time to get a new place.
Besides, your landlady cannot move your properties without a court hearing and a court bailiff must be present in the property before your belongings can be tossed out.
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by posakosa(m): 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2009
Are you in Nigeria ?

If u're in Nigeria---- im sorry but Nigeria is a lawless country. She will probably get some men to throw you out--- just fast and pray---  or move in with family or friends---- in the meanwhile

You don't want her to be using "HIRED" thieves to harrass you. Can you afford the rent increase ? or negotiate with her, with your lawyer present ?
Re: My Quit Notice And Rent Expired Today. Please Help With Advice! by Shola2009(m): 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2009
Are you in Nigeria ?

If u're in Nigeria---- im sorry but Nigeria is a lawless country. She will probably get some men to throw you out--- just fast and pray--- or move in with family or friends---- in the meanwhile

You don't want her to be using "HIRED" thieves to harrass you. Can you afford the rent increase ? or negotiate with her, with your lawyer present ?
LMAO! grin grin
na soo ooo

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Minister Of Labour Whrz Is Our Labour Laws God Help Us. / Fox News Exposes Obama As Indian Not Kenyan / Buhari Come And Address The Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.