Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice (27981 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Picture Of Bishop David Oyedepo Saves Lady From 30 Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by crown08(m): 7:26am On Dec 15, 2016
pukena:
Why Are Some People Calling Bishop David Oyedepo A Greedy Man?

When one of my elder brothers got admission into the University, my family had so much money that he could not pay for the school fees...
And he was about losing the admission, before God used the scholarship scheme of Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel to see him through...
For 5 years, that church paid his schools fees... And today, he is a graduate...

When he becomes a billionaire tomorrow, and decides to buy another private jet to add to the ones they already have in that church, will you blame the church?

Around the same time, one of my sister's got a visa to travel to America, but we were also too rich to even see flight ticket...
We tried everywhere... But nothing came out... And it was also few weeks for that visa to expire...

It was Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel that gave my sister money to a get a flight ticket... And she travelled...
When she becomes a billionaire tomorrow and decides to buy another Private jet for that church, will you blame the church?

A stingy church will never see the financial move of God...

A stingy pastor will not stop seeing reasons to criticise others who are reaping God's harvest...

Before you say what you don't understand sir, please, ask questions....

Winners Chapel built a university with the standard they want...

And people are asking why the school fees is high...

And I am asking, Will they reduce their standard because of some poor folks ...

Must your children attend the school?

Hundreds of thousands of boys and girls have graduated from different universities across the nations of Africa through the scholarship scheme of winners chapel...

And up till tomorrow, the scheme is still on...

People are benefitting from it and becoming graduates....

If you are poor, go and benefit from that scheme and become a graduate...

You must not attend Covenant University before you know you are a graduate...

Some of us graduated from some community universities around ...

And to the glory of God, today, we are not doing badly...

I have also seen people who graduated from the most expensive universities who are working for those who graduated from some obscured universities somewhere...

It is what you carry inside that makes you, not the name of the school you attended...

I don't know if I will laugh or cry when I read things people write about the fees in Covenant University...
It is not a must to go to Mr Biggs and eat your launch...

There are some other 'mama put' and other local food vendors around, where you will also eat and be filled...

Imagine someone blaming Mr Biggs, that they are greedy... And that is why their food and meat pies are more expensive than others who are hawking their own on the streets!

It's very funny, because they are proudly advertising ignorance!

Do you know how much they are paying their staff? ...

All those beautiful and handsome guys that opens the doors for you when you are coming into that eatery, don't you know they pay them?
Do you know the tax they pay to the government?

Do you understand that they are making more commitment in their products to give better quality than others?

Don't you know they spend more money to maintain such costly standard?

Did they force you to come and eat inside their restaurant!

If you are really hungry, and you cannot afford to buy at their price, did you not see 'mama put' around and enter under the umbrella and tell the woman to give you rice and beans and mix it with moi moi, with kpomo and liver? ...

I no fit laugh here abeg!

My people, Lllet's not talk what we don't understand...

The poor will always be in our midst...

But I refuse to be among the poor that will be waiting to be helped everyday...

Many churches are only good in receiving offering...

One service, they collect 5 times offering, every Sunday...

They have no plan for all those boys and girls who should be in universities...

How can you expect that kind of stingy church to have weight in our time?

Sir, I am a missionary...
And not a member of winners Chapel again,.....

But that church has assisted many families...

Not only in word and prayer... But materially...

It was that church that brought light into my father's house...

And I know hundreds of other families with more testimonies than us...

Ask the man that is accusing Bishop Oyedepo of being greedy, the church he attends, how many people have they helped? Who they epp?
They say there is no smoke without Fire...

But we are in a time when we are seeing many smokes without Fire...

People wake up from hunger and failure every morning, creating stories to discredit men of God who God has blessed ...

Tell them, that we cannot talk about revival and remove money out of it...

The church is about to enter into the real display of Kingdom wealth...

It is through prosperity that the cities be spread abroad?

This revival of bitterness and ignorance must be quenched...

What you sow is what you reap...

When God brought youths for you to help them pay their school fees, instead, all you did was to be collecting the little salary they were being paid...

And another church helped them, and tomorrow, God used them to carry out mighty projects for those churches, you will sit in your obscured denomination and be saying what you don't understand...

Wake up ma!
No matter how religious you sound, we understand your confusion...

Your church believes in reaping, but they were not sowing...

No wonder, right now, the only thing they have to reap is the wind...

I refuse to see a young man that needs money, instead of me to give him money, I will give him prayers and collect the one he has, in the Name of seed...
I refuse to be a rich spiritual father who will sit in the office expecting money from young men of God who are in the fields looking for money to pay house rent...
That's spiritual wickedness...
I refuse to be a part of a church that is only good in collecting from people and not giving people...
No wonder, they have stunted growth...
With all the noise they make, they are just merely existing somewhere...
No force... No weight... No voice and no impact...
Brother, I know you did not understand what you were saying about Bishop Oyedepo...
Please, don't let them make you to partake of other men's sins...
Don't bother, God has already winked at your days of ignorance...
But make up your mind today, not to say what you don't understand any more ...
It is not every man of God that likes to come on television to be announcing and showing pictures of people they give money and food etc...
It might not be all wrong... But in many occasions, that is politics...
Ask those who are doing it... Many of them will tell you they are using it to gain credibility... So that gullible people will think they are more compassionate than other ministers....
Any time your left hand has started seeing what your right hand is doing, in many cases, check it.. God is no more in it...
Even other members of that branch of Winners Chapel did not know, till today, that it was the church that provided that ticket fee for my sister ...
If it was in other churches, it will be on air...
But then, no one even heard about it...
There was no special T. V advert, like we are doing these days...
But the money was more than enough, that she left some behind for us ...
And my own portion, nobody tampered with it... Halaluya! (Lol)
When my father went to thank the pastor, he told my dad.
"Papa, you would not have needed to come all the way... Just to say thank you... It is a privilege for us to see that God has positioned us not to watch the Light to quench in families ..."
How can any member of my family forget that gesture?
And if I see Pastor Buji somewhere tomorrow and buy a jet for him, some short sighted people will start asking why a pastor should be using private jet ...
Friends, let's wake up from this ignorance ....
People who are touching lives are not making noise about it...
Even if Bishop Oyedepo makes tuition fee for Covenant University, free of charge, people will still be looking for something else to say...
I thought some churches should have learnt by now, how their stinginess has made them perpetual dependants on poor people sitting on their pews ...
But unfortunately, some of them are among the ones championing this baseless charade, against men who God has sworn to bless ...
Please, my people, may God give us understanding!
If there is no one praying for God to bless him so that He will buy you a private jet, know it that you have lived a selfish life all your life...
If there is no one you have helped enough, that where he is now, he is praying for God to help him win contract so that he will buy a church land and build it for you, then, know that you have been a stingy pastor...
When God starts blessing those who are sowing into people's lives, please, ask questions before you start preaching your 'revival' message...
Poverty is not a part of the gospel of this endtime...
If the school fees is 100 million, we want to be among the people that can afford it...
My name was not included among those poor people that must be in our midst...
Tell the poor people that wants to go to school, that there are other scholarship schemes going on in Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel...
Let them go and access that benefit...
Hundreds of thousands of people are benefitting from it...
Everybody must not be a graduate of Covenant University...
God bless you!
this story seems forged!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by akintom(m): 7:41am On Dec 15, 2016
saudyarmani:
You need to go for mental checkup....i can see how you have been mentality caged

I pray u don't bring doom on yourself with your negligence

when God is at work,everything works

Why not try your own gimmicks too and let's see how far it can take you

You sound frustrated and bittered

Sidon there,i can just shake my head for you cos you have lost you bearing

Poor you!

You certainly don't know or see beyond that mental illusion, inflicted on you by the Jewish doG and its merchants.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by alchemist13: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2016
AleXis0r:
Some people just find a job in criticizing men of God. Worst of it is that even the unbelievers condemn them too. The man of God is entitled to tithes and they are SOLELY for his wellbeing. He is not answerable to anyone on how he chooses to spend it. So just keep your mouth shut and do what God has sent you. All those critics have not even done up to 0.001% of Good Works these men of God have.

You say the Man of God is entitled to tithes and yet there were many men of God in the Bible who were not entitled to tithes. For instance, Elijah who is the quintessential Man of God would not have been eligible for tithes as I think he was not a Levite.

So how are modern Men of God eligible to receive tithes?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Dec 15, 2016
kenkenn:

So his family stopped the fund from spreading abi?

Ask yourself if what you have written makes elementary sense

Do you always have to comment on other people's opinions?
Where you not taught to mind your own business in elementary school?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2016
akintom:
Now the pro of Mr oyedepo has arrived.

Now that you gloat, based on the gluttony of your liberator of the universe.

Your skydaddy must definitely be proud of you, as you rubbish its other sheep yard that are hungry and lack the sabiness of oyedepo's charade and gimmicks.

Am very sure you're among the crowd that was cheering oyedepo on, when he maliciously dehumanized that little girl, he delusionarily accused of witchcraft.

Am sure oyedepo will beam a crocodile smile, if that only daughter of his, is publicly battered and falsely victimized.

Is it the same oyedepo who had his wife marooned in finest hospital outside Nigeria, for stroke rehabilitation, for almost 2 years, yet lied to you folks that an imaginary skydaddy healed her?

The fake claims of oyedepo's faith healing, is complicating health of folks who swallowed his lies. You don't see these victims in your fashion parade gatherings, they are in the worst section of the hospital. No thanks to the magician in the tabernacle.

The money used for charity by oyedepo is from where?

Is it not from the folks he psychologically twisted?

The money and labor that put up the universities is from where?

Is it not from the sheepmaniacs?

You simply don't understand the ways of religious profiteers and merchants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by akintom(m): 8:02am On Dec 15, 2016
For oyedepo, it's all about gimmicks and charade

For the 3 years that i followed up this trickster, from iyana-ipaja to ground breaking of faith tabernacle, i found a man that's totally subsumed mentally, in the psychological mechanisms, used in-

* Mental conditioning

* Suggestive mental control

* Auto-mind refrain etc

From his quotes and rhymes, it was conspicuously obvious that he had over read the following books:

*48 laws of power by Green

*awaken the giant in you by Anthony Robbins

*the unlimited power by Anthony Robbins

* laws of seduction

*acts of war etc

The most pitiable part of this mischievous acts of oyedepo is that, he never gave deserving references to these authors (most of whom are atheists).

He discouraged his members from reading the works of folks that can reveal his tricks, rather he made his books (largely inspired by the books of "sinners" ), to be monthly text, so that his control of their minds can be effective.

Religious folks need help!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 15, 2016
akintom:
For oyedepo, it's all about gimmicks and charade

For the 3 years that i followed up this trickster, from iyana-ipaja to ground breaking of faith tabernacle, i found a man that's totally subsumed mentally, in the psychological mechanisms, used in-

* Mental conditioning

* Suggestive mental control

* Auto-mind refrain etc

From his quotes and rhymes, it was conspicuously obvious that he had over read the following books:

*48 laws of power by Green

*awaken the giant in you by Anthony Robbins

*the unlimited power by Anthony Robbins

* laws of seduction

*acts of war etc

The most pitiable part of this mischievous acts of oyedepo is that, he never gave deserving references to these authors (most of whom are atheists).

He discouraged his members from reading the works of folks that can reveal his tricks, rather he made his books (largely inspired by the books of "sinners" ), to be monthly text, so that his control of their minds can be effective.

Religious folks need help!

Shut your mouth you liar! I am not a member of winners but know Oyedepo well enough to see your desperate lies about him. All you listed above are false.

Gradually you are beginning to experience a mental breakdown as an atheist due to your immense hatred for God. You began by calling God as god but now you have degenerated to doG....

When a man begins to stay awake at night shouting about something he says does not exist and muttering on the street about same and pounding his keyboard about same then Yaba left is about to locate his address.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Do you always have to comment on other people's opinions?
Where you not taught to mind your own business in elementary school?

You will post information about other people's activities and expect people not to comment abi?

Guy, wake up Nairaland is not your family chat group
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Charly68: 8:19am On Dec 15, 2016
Thank God for this writter; I trust Bishop will never bother himself in replying his critics.. He would tell you they are entitled to their own opinion..beside this, newsmakers don't read news but they creat news all over . When you become a newsmaker you become a subject of discussion everywhere. Even if Bishop cough in Ota now many people would report it that the man of God has cough again oooo! I attended his services about 5 times & my life never remain the same since then. I caught the spirit of boldness & absolute faith in what God says from the Baba & it has been working for me. Anywhere I go,people wonder what manner of fearless man is this? Bishop taught me to fear only God but respect man. He is running with his given mandate & some charlatans are making noise all over. When he was nobody in ministry nobody talk. Now that his persistence labour in the vineyard of God is bringing forth dividends,the enemies are crying...they did not talk about the number of people that is under the employment of his organization..How wicked & myopic can people be when the devil possessed them to destroy the one that God has lifted .. Let them continue to make noise why Bishop is busy flying with his God given mandate all over the world..they aren't seeing anything.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by AleXis0r(m): 8:27am On Dec 15, 2016
emorse:

This is new. Never heard anywhere before that tithes belong to MOG.

You now know.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by karmak(f): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2016
Is it the same oyedepo who had his wife marooned in finest hospital outside Nigeria, for stroke rehabilitation, for almost 2 years, yet lied to you folks that an imaginary skydaddy healed her?

my dear wake up! who told you that doctors have the power to heal? for your information, they only treat people with the wisdom given to them from the "skydaddy " (if you choose to Call God that) and He, God does the healing! if it were not so, was Yaradua not marooned in the finest hospital outside Nigeria? why wasn't he "rehabilitated"? Anyway sha, there's no need talking to you about this, May the eyes of your understanding be opened!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Angel1696: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2016
[quote author=pukena post=51937987]Why Are Some People Calling Bishop David Oyedepo A Greedy Man?

When one of my elder brothers got admission into the University, my family had so much money that he could not pay for the school fees...
And he was about losing the admission, before God used the scholarship scheme of Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel to see him through...
For 5 years, that church paid his schools fees... And today, he is a graduate...

When he becomes a billionaire tomorrow, and decides to buy another private jet to add to the ones they already have in that church, will you blame the church?

Around the same time, one of my sister's got a visa to travel to America, but we were also too rich to even see flight ticket...
We tried everywhere... But nothing came out... And it was also few weeks for that visa to expire...

It was Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel that gave my sister money to a get a flight ticket... And she travelled...
When she becomes a billionaire tomorrow and decides to buy another Private jet for that church, will you blame the church?

A stingy church will never see the financial move of God...

A stingy pastor will not stop seeing reasons to criticise others who are reaping God's harvest...

Before you say what you don't understand sir, please, ask questions....

Winners Chapel built a university with the standard they want...

And people are asking why the school fees is high...

And I am asking, Will they reduce their standard because of some poor folks ...

Must your children attend the school?

Hundreds of thousands of boys and girls have graduated from different universities across the nations of Africa through the scholarship scheme of winners chapel...

And up till tomorrow, the scheme is still on...

People are benefitting from it and becoming graduates....

If you are poor, go and benefit from that scheme and become a graduate...

You must not attend Covenant University before you know you are a graduate...

Some of us graduated from some community universities around ...

And to the glory of God, today, we are not doing badly...

I have also seen people who graduated from the most expensive universities who are working for those who graduated from some obscured universities somewhere...

It is what you carry inside that makes you, not the name of the school you attended...

I don't know if I will laugh or cry when I read things people write about the fees in Covenant University...
It is not a must to go to Mr Biggs and eat your launch...

There are some other 'mama put' and other local food vendors around, where you will also eat and be filled...

Imagine someone blaming Mr Biggs, that they are greedy... And that is why their food and meat pies are more expensive than others who are hawking their own on the streets!

It's very funny, because they are proudly advertising ignorance!

Do you know how much they are paying their staff? ...

All those beautiful and handsome guys that opens the doors for you when you are coming into that eatery, don't you know they pay them?
Do you know the tax they pay to the government?

Do you understand that they are making more commitment in their products to give better quality than others?

Don't you know they spend more money to maintain such costly standard?

Did they force you to come and eat inside their restaurant!

If you are really hungry, and you cannot afford to buy at their price, did you not see 'mama put' around and enter under the umbrella and tell the woman to give you rice and beans and mix it with moi moi, with kpomo and liver? ...

I no fit laugh here abeg!

My people, Lllet's not talk what we don't understand...

The poor will always be in our midst...

But I refuse to be among the poor that will be waiting to be helped everyday...

Many churches are only good in receiving offering...

One service, they collect 5 times offering, every Sunday...

They have no plan for all those boys and girls who should be in universities...

How can you expect that kind of stingy church to have weight in our time?

Sir, I am a missionary...
And not a member of winners Chapel again,.....

But that church has assisted many families...

Not only in word and prayer... But materially...

It was that church that brought light into my father's house...

And I know hundreds of other families with more testimonies than us...

Ask the man that is accusing Bishop Oyedepo of being greedy, the church he attends, how many people have they helped? Who they epp?
They say there is no smoke without Fire...

But we are in a time when we are seeing many smokes without Fire...

People wake up from hunger and failure every morning, creating stories to discredit men of God who God has blessed ...

Tell them, that we cannot talk about revival and remove money out of it...

The church is about to enter into the real display of Kingdom wealth...

It is through prosperity that the cities be spread abroad?

This revival of bitterness and ignorance must be quenched...

What you sow is what you reap...

When God brought youths for you to help them pay their school fees, instead, all you did was to be collecting the little salary they were being paid...

And another church helped them, and tomorrow, God used them to carry out mighty projects for those churches, you will sit in your obscured denomination and be saying what you don't understand...

Wake up ma!
No matter how religious you sound, we understand your confusion...

Your church believes in reaping, but they were not sowing...

No wonder, right now, the only thing they have to reap is the wind...

I refuse to see a young man that needs money, instead of me to give him money, I will give him prayers and collect the one he has, in the Name of seed...
I refuse to be a rich spiritual father who will sit in the office expecting money from young men of God who are in the fields looking for money to pay house rent...
That's spiritual wickedness...
I refuse to be a part of a church that is only good in collecting from people and not giving people...
No wonder, they have stunted growth...
With all the noise they make, they are just merely existing somewhere...
No force... No weight... No voice and no impact...
Brother, I know you did not understand what you were saying about Bishop Oyedepo...
Please, don't let them make you to partake of other men's sins...
Don't bother, God has already winked at your days of ignorance...
But make up your mind today, not to say what you don't understand any more ...
It is not every man of God that likes to come on television to be announcing and showing pictures of people they give money and food etc...
It might not be all wrong... But in many occasions, that is politics...
Ask those who are doing it... Many of them will tell you they are using it to gain credibility... So that gullible people will think they are more compassionate than other ministers....
Any time your left hand has started seeing what your right hand is doing, in many cases, check it.. God is no more in it...
Even other members of that branch of Winners Chapel did not know, till today, that it was the church that provided that ticket fee for my sister ...
If it was in other churches, it will be on air...
But then, no one even heard about it...
There was no special T. V advert, like we are doing these days...
But the money was more than enough, that she left some behind for us ...
And my own portion, nobody tampered with it... Halaluya! (Lol)
When my father went to thank the pastor, he told my dad.
"Papa, you would not have needed to come all the way... Just to say thank you... It is a privilege for us to see that God has positioned us not to watch the Light to quench in families ..."
How can any member of my family forget that gesture?
And if I see Pastor Buji somewhere tomorrow and buy a jet for him, some short sighted people will start asking why a pastor should be using private jet ...
Friends, let's wake up from this ignorance ....
People who are touching lives are not making noise about it...
Even if Bishop Oyedepo makes tuition fee for Covenant University, free of charge, people will still be looking for something else to say...
I thought some churches should have learnt by now, how their stinginess has made them perpetual dependants on poor people sitting on their pews ...
But unfortunately, some of them are among the ones championing this baseless charade, against men who God has sworn to bless ...
Please, my people, may God give us understanding!
If there is no one praying for God to bless him so that He will buy you a private jet, know it that you have lived a selfish life all your life...
If there is no one you have helped enough, that where he is now, he is praying for God to help him win contract so that he will buy a church land and build it for you, then, know that you have been a stingy pastor...
When God starts blessing those who are sowing into people's lives, please, ask questions before you start preaching your 'revival' message...
Poverty is not a part of the gospel of this endtime...
If the school fees is 100 million, we want to be among the people that can afford it...
My name was not included among those poor people that must be in our midst...
Tell the poor people that wants to go to school, that the re are other scholarship schemes going on in Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel...
Let them go and access that benefit...
Hundreds of thousands of people are benefitting from it...
Everybody must not be a graduate of Covenant University...
God bless you![/quote MY friend u are not communicating.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by globa: 8:36am On Dec 15, 2016
bigpicture001:
....all I see is desperate church member eager to launder the image of the church,hence the textbook write up.we all live in Nigeria and know the truth....okay Mr man,can u tell me y all of the supervising head pastors of winners chapel nation wide ar all yorubas..does it mean calabar,igbos,deltand efficks
does nt graduate from his pastoral skl#?

Mr man go and do your findings. All the heads of the church currently are all his friends they started together in Ilorin.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by bigpicture001: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2016
Themandator:

Why does the fg exempt religious organizations from taxe? Then to the main issue , you ask the person giving his own acccount if he knew wheteher what he was attributing to the church came from a member and ask if you want him to write it to suit you or telll his story as it happened to him.

My branch takes collection for the sole purpose of doing exactly what he was testifying to but you want to believe otherwise ......tell me what fg exempts religious organizations from taxes
...ma man,ti am a winner and I Av worship in åover 6 chapels as I muv around in naija for job,skl and oda travels...I knw Wot I am saying when I say that churches hardly help..have u imaged Wot will happen if the congregation fails to meet up to tangible amt to Wot is really the problem of that particular needy....i tell u.donations are certainly coming from the congregation nd, scarcely from the church.church
money goes to the headquater and a certain percentage to the heads of the unit branches..needies are donated for imidiatrly dia is need the constant flow of mony is nvr for anybody aside the pastors...the FG
exempt religious institutions
From tax
Cuz they are assumed to assist the FG in doing one of its fundamental duties: add to the value system of the country
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by AleXis0r(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2016
alchemist13:

You say the Man of God is entitled to tithes and yet there were many men of God in the Bible who were not entitled to tithes. For instance, Elijah who is the quintessential Man of God would not have been eligible for tithes as I think he was not a Levite.

So how are modern Men of God eligible to receive tithes?
I'm glad you know the Levites received tithes. This means tithes were SOLELY for workers(the Levites) in the temple. For the reason that they have devoted their lives to service in the temple.
So, if you pay tithes, you should expect it to be for the ministers and servants in the church, or else why do you pay your tithe?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On Dec 15, 2016
kenkenn:

You will post information about other people's activities and expect people not to comment abi?

Guy, wake up Nairaland is not your family chat group

I never said it was my family's chat room. When was my opinion anybody's problem?
You talk your own, I talk my own.......... Not unless freedom of expression has been curtailed.......
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by osuofia2(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2016
shukudi:
ode ni yin sir! How many non-igbos r senior pastors in Lord chosen...nd assemblies of God? Ase e go to yi!
so Christianity is now tribal ?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Majesticniyi(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2016
Deban:
If Oyedepo was in the UK, he would be in jail. Google and find out why Oyedepo can't enter the UK. The day he steps into the UK, he will be in jail like James Ibori. He has been banned from entering the UK by the UK government for church corruption offence. Now, that is the man you try so hard to defend.only in Nigeria financial criminals gloat and smile and own everything, school, jet etc.

Maybe you should also Google and find out how the case was struck out so as to be updated. If I may ask, what exactly is the crime he has committed? Please be specific...
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by bigpicture001: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2016
globa:

Mr man go and do your findings. All the heads of the church currently are all his friends they started together in Ilorin.
....ma guy are u certainly sure that the ones Av met at sokoto,kebbi,awka,agbor in delta...these places are not even big towns...do u want to still tell me that for that d pastors heading dox non major branches are still pastors frm the begining?... Mr man..from ur reason mur than 2000 pastors all from illorin stated with him...ur mind has not been on this,frm 2 dai.state observing it.i stating this enquiring 4 years ago.so I knw what am saying.the main pastor will b from among the locals,bt their is always a supervising pastor that is the main head who MUST be yoruba.bt will hide his yorubas.the name and then cover it up with an English name..its a shame the massive triabalized settings in churches the do called haws of GOD!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by bayinq25(m): 8:52am On Dec 15, 2016
akintom:
Now the PRO of Mr oyedepo has arrived.

Your skydaddy must definitely be proud of you, as you rubbish its other sheep yard that are hungry and lack the sabiness of oyedepo's charade and gimmicks.

Am very sure you're among the crowd that was cheering oyedepo on, when he maliciously dehumanized that little girl, he delusionarily accused of witchcraft.

Am sure oyedepo will beam a crocodile smile, if that only daughter of his, is publicly battered and falsely victimized.

The fake claims of oyedepo's faith healing, is complicating health of folks who swallowed his lies. You don't see these victims in your fashion parade gatherings, they are in the worst section of the hospital. No thanks to the magician in the tabernacle.

seconded
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by emorse(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2016
Deban:
ignorant people. How can tithe belong to anybody? How come Christianity in Nigria is being practiced differently from the Europeans who brought it to us? It is this tithe that Oyedepo was spending that made uK government to ban him from entering the UK because of church corruption

*sighs* Our level of ignorance ehn, I don't think we can ever be librated. Before now, preachers' most used phrase was "the bible says". Now though, it is " papa said", "pastor said" or "daddy G.O said". The bible seems to have lost its relevance in modern day Christianity. Money rules.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by alchemist13: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2016
AleXis0r:

I'm glad you know the Levites received tithes. This means tithes were SOLELY for workers(the Levites) in the temple. For the reason that they have devoted their lives to service in the temple.
So, if you pay tithes, you should expect it to be for the ministers and servants in the church, or else why do you pay your tithe?
Firstly, the Levites in the Bible are not the same as modern Church workers or ministers. There is simply nowhere in the Bible that this connection is made.
Secondly, even if we accept your equivocation then you have only made an argument for workers i.e the choir members, the ushers and even the poor widow that cleans the church when nobody is around. Where is their own share of the tithes? You have not made an argument for the so called 'Men of God' to receive tithes since it is clearly not a requirement to be eligible.
Please explain clearly how Men of God are eligible to receive tithes since that was your sole excuse for Oyedepo to receive tithes.
Thanks.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Majesticniyi(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2016
For those complaining about the high fees of Covenant. The Irony about Nigeria is that we want quality education but won't pay for it. You want the quality of education of Harvard (with fees of about $60,000) and MIT (with fees of about $50,000) but complain about Covenant University (with fees of les than $3000). If you know you can't afford it yet, go to UI like I did na grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by emorse(m): 9:04am On Dec 15, 2016
AleXis0r:

You now know.

Don't be led by your nose bro. Read your bible. Deut. 14 vs 12-29. You can read from vs 1 for better understanding.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Rebuke: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2016
karmak:

my dear wake up! who told you that doctors have the power to heal? for your information, they only treat people with the wisdom given to them from the "skydaddy " (if you choose to Call God that) and He, God does the healing! if it were not so, was Yaradua not marooned in the finest hospital outside Nigeria? why wasn't he "rehabilitated"? Anyway sha, there's no need talking to you about this, May the eyes of your understanding be opened!

I pity yhu. Yhu are kicking on a rock and yhu can't do that and not bleed!

Cooking up lies to deceive yhur fellow nitwits.

If na yhu evr give her stroke yhu go tell me.

Yhu better keep yhur filthy fingers from typing rubbish or else, sorry will be yhur case.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by yousee(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2016
hobermener:
And you wrote this endless epistle to prove what
The missionaries who brought western education and religion to the dark continent of africa would never have envisaged a time when Christianity will be practically indistinguishable from a capitalist business!! Ask your grand dad how much some of the British missionary schools charged people in those days to get quality education, which is still being regurgitated in most higher institutions of learning in africa today. Your "mr biggs" analogy just doesn't cut it, except you see your church as one big business.
Sometimes i wonder how rich christ would have been if he had accepted gifts from those he had helped for his own comfort. Whether you dispute it or not, moderation and contentment are two striking hallmarks of Christianity, and a pastor cruising around in a private jet just doesn't portray those values. The message of Christianity is completely centered on the world to come and not the current world, with that in view should a spiritual leader bother about material acquisition
Contemporary bishops and pastors should take a cue from paul and christ himself who they preach, they gave up all for the gospel and heaven and never bothered about mundane ephemeral pleasures. No one is asking pastors to walk in rags, we just want them to exemplify the values of moderation, sobriety, and heaven mindedness that are clearly outlined in the bibles they preach!!!!!

I usually wouldnt say anything about your own opinion but pls dont bring that analogy of missionaries and free schools.
Those guys built basic schools here, used us as free labour, made us farm for them, build the best houses in the village for them while their real sponsors from Europe, the real crooks, robbed us blind and messed up our nations and colonized the Sh1t out of our lives.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by boboenny: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2016
stop paying ur tithes to him if you 've been doing that. if you have any of your relatives in any of winners universities please withdraw them. ui, lag, ilorin ect are there, take them there. castigating him here is needless, whatever support u think he's deriving from u kindly remove them. better still open a church and school and put your relatives there as staff and students, it is not by force u turn urself to a judge here. if the school is run free u people will still talk, propably by saying he is running free school to use the destinies of the students. better be careful before I loose my temper. awon olodo gbogbo. shioor!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by bigpicture001: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2016
OliveCynosure:

Even in canaanland, we have senior pastors that are not Yoruba...
Ntia, Omamadaga, Ojeme, Nwoke,etc sounds Yoruba to you abi?
Or is it by force to say something.
If you don't know anything, just STFU
...ma man all u need do is travel..u sit in lagos and assume dat lagos is nigeria. travel ma man.nd dnt just assume when u visit difrnt winners,ask queations..abt who is the supervising pastor and not just the head pastors in each church.av done this research for years while u make ur statements bars on assumption...it is also the same this at 99% of all glo offices in nigeria.believe it or not church is a triabalized organisations.not only winners oooo.even Christmas embasy.chosen,nd all of them big churches..the churches are more abt mony making nd not value adding to the naija system
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by tokuboeric(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2016
akintom:
Now the PRO of Mr oyedepo has arrived.

Is it ur father's money? What is ur business? U can't go out there and face ur govt, yet u are give giving stories that touches... So u no Oyedepo story like dis na him u no go write book. May that ur fingers be rotten.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by Neckfort(m): 9:14am On Dec 15, 2016
People like u die an untimely death..u may be working on the road and suddenly u might get crushed by a moving vehicle...i want to ask you were u there when he took her to that hospital so that she will be treated of stoke?...did u follow them down to the hospital?what are you evidence?...if I'm to access your career well I will notice that you have beaten and battered .if you continue like this you will never make it life just like your generation has been....if u want to prosper in life don't criticise and man of God because you might be going against Gods instructions....so Mr man watch your tongue so that you and your family members don't die before January 1....be warned
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by lukaino(m): 9:18am On Dec 15, 2016
FACTS:
1. Winners give offerings just once in only Sundays and Wednesdays services
2. Winners don't collect offerings during house fellowships, prayer meetings and other services
3. Winners don't do fund raising in church for special projects like building etc - you'll never hear any such announcement
4. Winners is one church where you can be a member for 10 years and decide not to give an offering - And no one will notice
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice by emorse(m): 9:27am On Dec 15, 2016
karmak:

If you examine the bolded critically, you'll notice that it is flawed. First, treatment leads to healing. If you say God heals, then I'd say he needs the HELP of doctors who treat.

Secondly, if you say God gives doctors the wisdom to treat, then I'll ask you why the most religious countries don't have the best doctors? Why doesn't God give sufficient wisdom to "his people" to treat themselves rather than having them "marooned" to the finest hospitals run by "not-so-religious" people?

Finally, as regards your example about Yar'adua, nobody will leave this earth alive. Even Jesus Christ tasted death. So when pastors eventually die, should we conclude that God CANNOT keep them alive?

Please note, this is not an attack on your opinion. Wise people argue to learn and that's what I'm trying to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ishmael Cursed By God? / How Can A Guy Touch You Because He Bought Shawarma For You? — Pastor Asks Ladies / I Saw A UFO Last Night!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.