Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls (7573 Views)

Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls / Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) / Students Banned From Wearing Shoes And Socks To Exam Halls In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by crestedguy(m): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2016
Solowande:
I'm foreseeing mission impossible 2.
very mission impossible,because it is the officials that enhance the runs in any examination conducted by jamb,definitely they will step up their games and beat them to it

1 Like

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Fairgodwin(m): 9:29am On Dec 15, 2016
fados4sure:

It is very simple. When i did Pearson Test Of English in Sapetro Tower in Lagos 2012, an invigilator was monitoring me from London through the CCTV

It's the same process.

Alright bros. Thank you. cool
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by psucc(m): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2016
Death on Arrival. In Nigeria, even the JAMB registrar has his candidates to help.
We should stop fooling ourselves.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by chiefojiji(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2016
this people can know how to be lying oooooooooo!

I've heard this news since 2008 wey I 1st write my own jamb.
to all jambitos, fear not o jere. all na wishless wishes.

#in buhari's voice. CCTV ko GOTV ni

kian!!!
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by skubido(m): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2016
Ko le welck
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by AnanseK(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2016
I am extremely surprised that there no such cameras in the exam halls already!
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by cliqtips: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2016
Lol...

It might work for first time in some areas but at the end run, it will still fail.

This is Naija. In as much as a Nigerian would b at the back end, forget it.

It's a nice move tho.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by chiraqDemon(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2016
Ppl de vex with this move cos fem bin don plan next yr jsmb maps fimi
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 15, 2016
instead of using cctvs why not use computer systems with in built webcam connected to the internet so that it could be monitoring the students instead of wasting millions buying and installing cctvs.

Yes CCTVs are also a good move after webcams at least In each center there should be four(4) cctv coverage.

But come to think of it oh so they have not been using cctvs in jamb exam centers haba
this country sef are we still in the sixteenth century.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by Rozaystunna(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2016
Thank God I don take jamb since
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by david22uu(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
DaBullIT:
Stupid move to embezzle funds

Instead of CCTV , why don't they kukuma ask for centers specially built for Jamb exams so we kukuma know Jamb na school , So they'll ask for generator to put on at the halls too abi wetin ?

CCTV can only see so much , if the invigilators are too stupid to stop malpractice , how will a mindless CCTV stop it ?

will they hook the cctv to a live monitoring crew ? or someone will just collect the tapes to review them later ?

What happens when light goes off ? and trust me , someone will pay touts to come and disconnect exam centre's light

Just a waste of money , a right move in the wrong direction

But i am not suprised , Nigeria as usual

Please stop being ignorant and backward
I was at the JAMB CBT Centre Directors meeting cos i own one
The plan is live feeds from all centers
We are going to be using VPN on VSAT to avoid network challenges
CBT centers in Nigeria are close to 800 centers and are all very ready for this
We have grown in Technology , but u may still be backward
We have interrupted power cos its powered by generators only and a back up system
thanks
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by DaBullIT(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
See how you gloated as if you just won ticket to see Obama , Iii ewn won see your mouth

Answer my questions , will there be invigilators or not ?
Who will supply those CCTv
Who will install them , will that be grant from FG or JAMB's pocket
How soon will they install? before , on exam's day ( if it's before it can be compromised, if its on Dday, it might be improperly fixed)
Where will all the feeds be directed one station or several offices ?
Who will monitor the feeds ?
How many people will do that ??
What's the cost implication of using your Forward Generators across the countries
Will those be rented or supplied by JAMB ?
VPN VSAT is immune to network disruptions , Is that what you are saying ?

Answer all these questions if you can , let's see who is more backwards

david22uu:

We have interrupted power cos its powered by generators only and a back up system
thanks
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by ikemesit4477: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
morereb10:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has said that all computer-based centres to be accredited for the registration of 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), must now have Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras.

This was revealed by JAMB Registrar, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, during an interactive meeting with operators of CBT centres from across the country, at the University of Lagos (UNILAG). Oloyede explained that this was necessary, to avoid errors of the past. He also stated that the new process has made cybercafe operators redundant, as the computer-based centres to be accredited must have 250 desktop or laptop systems in a single room, with provision for additional 25 systems as back-ups.

Oloyede said: “What we have said is that we are in a period of change, and what that means is that everything we have been doing must be reviewed. Whatever we have been doing rights will have to be reinforced while what were doing wrongly will be changed.

“For the purpose of the CBT centres, we have to introduce the CCTV so that whatever that is going on at our centres can be monitored anywhere in the world. “We are also standardizing the CBT centres so that all CBT centres will have 250 computers with 10 per cent of the figure as backups.”

What do you think guys?

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/12/no-more-expo-jamb-poised-to-introduce.html

cc lalasticlala dominique missyb3 mynd44
CCTV or no CCTV if I still want to cheat nothing can stop me!
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by successtar(m): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
Nice move

In other news

For free Online JAMB UTME cbt exam practice visit http://myexampoint.com/exam.php?exam=jamb
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by david22uu(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2016
THE CCTV SPECIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN RELEASED TO US
THE CCTV CAN BE BOUGHT IN THE OPEN MARKET OR THU THE ASSOCCIATION
THE INSTALLATION WILL TAKE NUFTING MORE THAN THREE DAYS AND WILL BE DONE BY THE CBT CENTRE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR
THE CCTV IS INSTALLED BEFORE YOUR CENTR CAN BE APPROVED
ALL THE FEEDS ARE DIRECTED TO THE ZONAL OFFICE THEN TO THE HEAD OFFICE AT ABUJA AND MONITORED RANDOMLY
THEY WILL BE INVIGILATORS OR RATHER FACILITATORS
INCASE YOU DONT KNOW, MANY CBT CENTERS WERE BUILD FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF JAMB, SO THE RUNNING COST OF THE GENERATOR HAS BEEN FACTORED
DONT FORGET THAT THE CBT CNTERS ARE PAID 600 PER CANDIDATE THAT WRITES EXAM IN THE CENTER AND THEY EARN 700 PER REGISTRATION... ON THE AVERAGE 15MILLION PER EXAM IS WHAT A CBT CENTRE EARNS

OYA OGA.... USE SENSE TALK

DaBullIT:
See how you gloated as if you just won ticket to see Obama , Iii ewn won see your mouth

Answer my questions , will there be invigilators or not ?
Who will supply those CCTv
Who will install them , will that be grant from FG or JAMB's pocket
How soon will they install? before , on exam's day ( if it's before it can be compromised, if its on Dday, it might be improperly fixed)
Where will all the feeds be directed one station or several offices ?
Who will monitor the feeds ?
How many people will do that ??
What's the cost implication of using your Forward Generators across the countries
Will those be rented or supplied by JAMB ?
VPN VSAT is immune to network disruptions , Is that what you are saying ?

Answer all these questions if you can , let's see who is more backwards

Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by litaninja(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
Read my lips....NO POWER SUPPLY.
Guys keep cheating. This one is DOA.
Re: No More Expo - JAMB Poised To Introduce CCTV Cameras In Exam Halls by litaninja(m): 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
VPN on VSAT, to monitor live video feeds?
Goodluck with that o...

david22uu:

thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply Now For NIIT Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2015 / Poly Owo Post Utme 2012/2013 / Are all this Nigerian Traders Really Making Money From Forex ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.