Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,280 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Do Boring Things With Python (PDF File Downloader) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do Boring Things With Python (PDF File Downloader) (1274 Views)

Learn How To Do Boring Task On Excel Using Python / IoT (internet Of Things) With ESP8266 / New Things With Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Boring Things With Python (PDF File Downloader) by Naijaepic: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2016
Good morning here, Guru's. I just launched and released an experimental python software titled "pdf-crawler-downloader"
This is a python based application that was extended to use Tkinter Module for GUI.

So, basically, what does it do?
If you had found yourself in a situation where by, you wishes to SEARCH and DOWNLOAD pdf files on a particular topic or you wishes to do a blind search and download any particular PDF document for your favorite programming Ebook. then, you have got the right tools as this PDFcrawler will do the headache for you.

All of you that had visited allitebook, wowebook etc in the past and you can not access the url again will find a solace with this software, because it will search sites you have never heard before. The end result of this software activities is that it will download for you multiple copies or different edition of same works/documents.

Make Sure, you have enough MB to download your desire Ebooks. Enjoy

Yes, you can call it "PDF Bot/Spider" if you like, because all what that is required is for you to enter the search term/keyword, the crawler will go a head to search for all copies of the file on the internet and download it.

You can always stop it, when you had have enough of it work. It will definitely start at where it stop.

Feedback and comment are welcome.

Please read through the TODO list for future feature

The windows installer is available at https://github.com/thecrescent/pdf-crawler-downloader-windows-build/blob/master/README.md
while the source code is available at
https://github.com/thecrescent/pdf-crawler-downloader
Re: Do Boring Things With Python (PDF File Downloader) by kudaisi(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2016
Nice one bro. I think you should add functions this to your TODO
- Allow users to select the particular PDFs to download
In other words, when I search I expect to see a list of available PDFs. After which I can check the items I am interested in downloading.
- Allow users to specifiy download based on file size.( i.e download only files > or < xMB)
Re: Do Boring Things With Python (PDF File Downloader) by Naijaepic: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks, I will look into this features.

kudaisi:
Nice one bro. I think you should add functions this to your TODO
- Allow users to select the particular PDFs to download
In other words, when I search I expect to see a list of available PDFs. After which I can check the items I am interested in downloading.
- Allow users to specifiy download based on file size.( i.e download only files > or < xMB)

(1) (Reply)

Android App - Audio Converter / I Need Help In Choosing A Computer Course / Where Can I Learn Web Development In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.