Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme (20033 Views)

FUOYE Kick Starts Top-up Programme (degree And HND Conversion) / 1 Year Top Up Degree Programme, OND/HND/ICAN,ACCA and Others / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Jeetkool(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
The KWASU HND Conversion programme addresses the dichotomy between B.Sc. and HND certificate holders. The major aim is to provide a level playing field, by way of Bachelor’s degree programme, to HND holders determined to beat discriminations in the world of work. This programme also provides a platform on which a university degree holder, hitherto dissatisfied with his/her class of degree, could “top up” and come out better. In the same vein, a holder of University degree who may wish to cross into other related discipline is afforded the opportunity through this programme. Ultimately, the programme is designed to promote self-actualization and imbue professional fulfillment with dignity.

PROGRAMMES
1. B.Sc. Accounting
2. B.Sc. Banking & Finance
3. B.Sc. Business Administration
4. B.Sc. Computer Science
5. B.Sc. Economics
6. B.Sc. Mass Communication
7. B.Sc. Public Administration
8. B.Sc. Library & Information Sciences
9. B.Sc. Statistics
10. B.Sc. Biochemistry
11. B.Sc. Microbiology
12. B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
TUITION
The fee for the programmes is a flat rate of Two hundred Thousand Naira Only (N200, 000 .00K) for all Nigerian candidates regardless of state of origin, payable only after candidate has been offered admission. KWASU offers students the opportunity to pay in three installments.
APPLICATION FORM
Application form attracts the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira Only (N15, 000 .00K) payable via KWASU online payment platform (www.kwasu.edu.ng/portal/app_form.php). The application fee is non-refundable.
DURATION Six semesters.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. HND Conversion to B.Sc. Accounting, Department of Accounting & Finance
a. Holders of HND certificates in Accounting with a minimum of lower credit pass.
b. Holders of B.Sc. Accounting with a minimum of third class.
c. In addition to (a.) above, candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level subjects at credit pass level in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any other relevant subject in not more than 2 sittings.
d. Holders of professional qualifications like ICAN, ANAN, and ACCA may also be considered from other discipline.
e. Consideration may be given to candidate with HND pass grade from any recognized Polytechnic.
f. Candidate must have completed his/her mandatory national youth service (NYSC). However, candidate currently serving may also be considered.

2. HND Conversion to B.Sc. Computer Science, Department of Computer, Library & Information Science
a. Holders of HND certificates in Computer Science, Statistics, and Electrical & Electronics with a minimum of lower credit pass.
b. Holders of B.Sc. Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical & Electronics and any other relevant field with a minimum of third class.
c. In addition to (a. or b.) above, candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level subjects at credit pass level in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any other two science subjects in not more than 2 sittings.
d. Candidate must have completed his/her mandatory national youth service (NYSC). However, candidate currently serving may also be considered.

for more info http://www.kwasu.edu.ng/index.php/2014-04-30-09-19-40/2014-04-30-09-55-03/top-up-degree-and-hnd-conversion-programme
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by SamReinvented: 12:31am On Feb 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by ishaq062(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
please tell me more
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by mrLj(m): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2018
nonsense, this is day light scamming.
y not apply to a cheap federal or state school through direct entry which u will definitely start from 300level ( equable to 4 semester instead of the 6 semester they are proposing).

4 Likes

Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 09, 2018
mrLj:
nonsense, this is day light scamming.
y not apply to a cheap federal or state school through direct entry which u will definitely start from 300level ( equable to 4 semester instead of the 6 semester they are proposing).
Please which federal or state university can admit one into 300l with HND(upper credit)?
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by mrLj(m): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
Adanazzy1:

Please which federal or state university can admit one into 300l with HND(upper credit)?
all state uni and some federal uni mostly from the north.

1 Like

Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Timekeeper: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
mrLj:

Believe that at your own peril... Did u school in the north? Rubbish... No Federal University in the north will accept u to 300 level.... So far na federal, na 200 u go start from...
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Timekeeper: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
mrLj:
Idiot, u think north is a dumping ground for assholes

2 Likes

Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Timekeeper: 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
mrLj:
Not all state university accept to 300 level.. Not all. Be guided
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 06, 2018
mrLj:

Thank you.
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by phemy001(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2018
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///L6NxqIGPMkDK7f0tbIWMTe
Lasu direct entry group
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by sammyscholar(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2018
Read the FOUR MUST-HAVE SKILLS FOR ALL POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS HERE:

https://www.nairaland.com/4855373/four-must-have-skills-all-polytechnic
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Papacypaul(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2018
Adanazzy1:

where are you from ? I am in 400lvl civil engineering of abu zaria by special admission. It is for hnd holders upper credit from 19 catchment area of the school.
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Papacypaul(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2018
Timekeeper:

Not all state university accept to 300 level .. Not all. Be guided
i dnt think there is any university giving 300lvl they will just claim they do .. D abu zaria own is called special admission solely for hnd and it's 2500 reg fee. Thank God for abu zaria that help my ministry, may be its all this scamming topup i go dy look for too. Was admitted into mainstream 300lvl and i cope. Skul fee is 32k for fresher
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by aforosco(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Joseph Ayo Babalola does same thing for 165k why patronize Govt sch that are higher then
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by aforosco(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Joseph Ayo Babalola does same thing for 165k why patronize Govt sch that are higher then.Kwasu used to be 70k as at last yr
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Nobody: 9:15am On May 05, 2019
Papacypaul:
i dnt think there is any university giving 300lvl they will just claim they do .. D abu zaria own is called special admission solely for hnd and it's 2500 reg fee. Thank God for abu zaria that help my ministry, may be its all this scamming topup i go dy look for too. Was admitted into mainstream 300lvl and i cope. Skul fee is 32k for fresher

Please is the form currently on sale?
Do they issue B.Sc?

Please, I want to know everything about this program
Thanks
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by noblechoco(f): 7:44am On Jun 11, 2019
Papacypaul:
pls can I change from biochemistry to nursing?
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by scofield2016: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
Convert an HND into a BSc (4-Semester) Programme

The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme at Southwestern University are:

A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be),
A PASS GRADE in a written test to be taken before admission into the Programme.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme are as follows with a duration of (made up of 4 Semesters) are:

Computer Science
Accountancy
Business Administration and Management
Mass Communication
Microbiology
Biochemistry

MODE OF ADMISSION

Pay a non-refundable fee of N5,500 into Southwestern University account at any branch of :
GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC A/C: 0108175382.
THE NAME OF THE APPLICANT MUST MATCH THE NAME ON THE BANK TELLER
Proceed to www.southwesternuniversity.edu.ng
Click on the “APPLY NOW” link
Follow the instruction carefully to fill the form online.
ENSURE THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED ARE VALID, AS FURTHER APPLICATION DETAILS WILL BE SENT TO THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED.
Bring all original credentials and evidence of payment when coming for the Screening Exercise

https://southwesternuniversity.edu.ng/convert-an-hnd-into-a-bsc-4-semester-programme/

University Address
Southwestern University Nigeria
KM 20 Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Okun-Owa,
Ogun State Nigeria.

Lagos Liaison Office
4 Olaide Tomori Street, Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos State.

To call : 08020860298, 08055477000
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by scofield2016: 1:03pm On Sep 04, 2020
HND TO BSC CONVERSION PROGRAMME IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES

ADVANTAGES OF HND OVER BSC
FUOYE HND TO BSC CONVERSION
KWASU HND To Bsc Conversion Programme Details
Bells University HND Conversion and Top-Up Programs
SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY HND CONVERSION/TOP UP PROGRAM

SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY HND CONVERSION/TOP UP PROGRAM

Southwestern University is among the few notable and credible institutions in Nigeria that offer candidates intending to undergo the Conversion/Top up program. The HND program is basically for candidates with a Higher National Diploma certificate in any discipline with the intention of converting their certificate into a BSc degree for numerous reasons. One of the few reasons for the conversion includes avoiding the dichotomy and discrimination put up against HND holders in the process of getting employed or gaining a promotion at work. The second viable reasons for the conversion program is to also allow BSc degree holders the opportunity to switch disciplines to another related or different discipline. Candidates who opt for the conversion program for this reason have different personal circumstances that make them do so.

https://financialquest.com.ng/hnd-to-bsc-conversion-programme-in-nigeria-universities/
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Starpro87(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2021
Papacypaul:
where are you from ? I am in 400lvl civil engineering of abu zaria by special admission. It is for hnd holders upper credit from 19 catchment area of the school.

Please I need insight about this from you.

How do I get such from you?

Thanks and thanks.
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by blueskies(f): 8:22pm On May 23, 2021
Pls i need more info on bells uni top up program for bsc nutrition and dietitics.

Is the course accredited?
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by sirqeeboi(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2021
UNIABUJA Degree Upgrade form is on sale
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by sirqeeboi(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2021
Starpro87:

Please I need insight about this from you.

How do I get such from you?

Thanks and thanks.
Google Abu portal and register, then you continue to check if the form is on from time time.

I noticed yesterday that the program has been uploaded on their portal.. meaning the form is to be out soon.
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by sirqeeboi(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2021
blueskies:
Pls i need more info on bells uni top up program for bsc nutrition and dietitics.

Is the course accredited?

Google NUC accredited private universities. U will see the lists of accredited courses under the university.
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by blueskies(f): 4:23pm On May 24, 2021
sirqeeboi:

Google NUC accredited private universities. U will see the lists of accredited courses under the university.

Ok, thanks
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by blueskies(f): 7:52am On May 29, 2021
sirqeeboi:

Thanks
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by blueskies(f): 7:54am On May 29, 2021
Pla is there a career page or thread on nairaland for nutritionists and dieticians?
Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by Salahudeenhaish: 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
Please is there any University in Nigeria where the hnd to bsc program is just 1 year(2 semester). Because I saw a post of Ignatius Ajuru. Is there anyone that knows about it

Re: Admission Into TOP UP Degree And HND Conversion Programme by sirqeeboi(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2022
Salahudeenhaish:
Please is there any University in Nigeria where the hnd to bsc program is just 1 year(2 semester). Because I saw a post of Ignatius Ajuru. Is there anyone that knows about it

https://www.nuc.edu.ng/distance-learning-centers/
any school that offer u one year conversion is a scam in Nigeria..

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Relay Race Video As Boy Runs Back To The Start After Getting A Baton / First Class In The University: Is It Hard? / JAMB Reduces UTME Exam Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.