Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! (1314 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing / Mexican Coach Miguel's Insane World Cup Goal Reactions : Photo. / Floyd Mayweather Jr Defeats Miguel Cotto For WBA Light Middle Weight Belt! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Ibime(m): 12:22am On Nov 15, 2009
Alright fight fans, lets get ready to rumble.

Its the best match-up of the year. No hype this time. Both these cats are really worthy of the name.

The fight will be on Sky Sports1 at 2am UK time. All others can tune in on sopcast or whatever.

We have the no holds barred knock-out king Miguel Cotto against the pound for pound best Pacqiao.

Cotto has been ma favourite fighter for the last 3 years, but I fear Manny may have too much speed for him.

So whos staying up for this?
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Ibime(m): 5:42am On Nov 15, 2009
OK. . . . fight about to start
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by lailai2(m): 6:02am On Nov 15, 2009
i give the first round to cotto

manny has to work around cotto's size
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by lailai2(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2009
lovely matchup we have here, pacquiao should be leading with his knockdowns
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by lailai2(m): 6:38am On Nov 15, 2009
so we wait paitently for the superfight then. . . .
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Ibime(m): 6:41am On Nov 15, 2009
What a savage beating Cotto took tonight. . . . Pac-man just too fast for him. . . . his corner should have pulled him out in the 7th for his health. . . . still, as he survived to the 12th, the referee should have let him finish and gain the pride of only losing on points. . . .

Mayweather must be quaking in his boots. . . . what is Mayweather doing going after Shane Mosley when Cotto has already dealt with Mosley severely. . . . Mosley is not in Cotto's class talkless of Mayweather. . . . Pac-man will surely defeat pretty boy.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by semid(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2009
This was a no contest from the very beginning. I can't wait for Manny and Mayweather to face-off, so Mannny can beat the living daylight out of him.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by lailai2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2009
Why do y'all think pacquiao would just defeat mayweather. . . Chill, take this fight in and think about mayweather's fight n legacy once more, it ain't no fluke. . . . His best weapon is possible his level of adaptation, that's how he has gotten this far so there's no knowledge of how pretty boy wil fight him

while i have no idea of who might win right now, if pushed, I'll take pretty boy even though I love the pac-man
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by semid(m): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2009
Compare Manny and Mayweather in their fights against Ricky Hatton. Which fighter do u think was more convincing in his victory?

I'm even willing to bet Manny Pacquaio will K.0 Floyd Mayweather.

Shameless Mayweather! Na recycled boxers like 'Bitterleaf' Shayne Mosley em dey like fight. Make em step up to Manny if em think se em sabi fight. Shioor!
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 16, 2009
I think it's easy to compare both on the strength of their performances against Htton,but you have to remember that Mayweather is primarily a defensive boxer.
besides,Hatton isn't known to have any technique of sorts.
I think mayweather is actually a tough fighter,and if they do meet,it might go to the judges.
Pacman 's greatness lies in the fact that he'sbecome champion in seven weight divisions.
ibime,
Mayweather is going after Mosely because it's easier to fight an uninspired Mosely and since he's coming of a lay-off,it would be easier at this point to face Sugar soo as to eae himself back to top shape.
The Marquez fight was not competitive at all.It will take a while to get Pacman and Money in the ring,I asure you.Money's focus is on Sugar,and pacman will not be waiting idly.He will pursue other fights before either thinks the time is right for the fight to happen,and even at that,bith will argue about several things like prize money,venue and rematch clauses.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by joeyfire(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2009
Pacqiao is the best boxer in the world now, skillwise and overall ability considered. Meeeen he systematically beat the crap out of cotto! Mayweather will duck him i can bet. If he takes the bait and fights ''Pac-man'' to prove his ''best pound for pound fighter'' claim i can predict a bloody beating.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by MrCrackles(m): 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2009
joeyfire:

Pacqiao is the best boxer in the world now, skillwise and overall ability considered. Meeeen he systematically beat the crap out of cotto! Mayweather will duck him i can bet. If he takes the bait and fights ''Pac-man'' to prove his ''best pound for pound fighter'' claim i can predict a bloody beating.
And how do you reconcile that with Mayweather's recent comments, saying he will easily thump "Pac-Man"
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

And how do you reconcile that with Mayweather's recent comments, saying he will easily thump "Pac-Man"
It's all hype,my man.
Cotto said he'll be too strong for PacMan.His face was shredded to pieces after 11 rounds and 55 seconds.
It's just according to is nature that Money has to say he's the best.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by MrCrackles(m): 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
Eastbay:

It's all hype,my man.
Cotto said he'll be too strong for PacMan.His face was shredded to pieces after 11 rounds and 5 seconds.
It's just according to is nature that Money has to say he's the best.
Hummm. . . I am going to lean against Floyd Mayweather though. . .
We know Money is cocky as fuc.k but at the end of the day, he's one foxy nigga to battle. . . cheesy
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
money has to be the bet defensive boxer i've ever seen.
He knows how to adapt to any style his opponent brings to the table.
PacMan has to be smart about boxing Floyd because floyd is a master at giving his opponents a false sense of security.It will be interesting to see what Manny's gameplan will be.
My problem with the pretty boy is that he doesn't pack a power punch.he gets his hands hurt most times during fights.
as for the hype,i still think it will be a while before both meet.I can sense Money's camp isn't too optimistic about facing Manny.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by semid(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
Talk is cheap! Mayweather has always had a big mouth but Manny lets his boxing in the ring speak for him.
I agree Floyd is a wily old fox and his style is defensive and kinda like Mohammed Ali's but must he fight defensive all the time? Imagine the fool fighting defensive against some1 like Ricky Hatton? I couldn't help laughing and I said to my self 'shey na the guy wey be the best pound 4 pound boxer be this?Wait till em meet Pacquaio'.  Manny on the other hand showed absolute class against Ricky Hatton and Cotto.
The jury is already out on this one - Pacqaiuo will beat Mayweather anytime, anyday, anywhere. C'est fini.

Don King, Oscar de la Hoya (Golden Boy promotions) etc, the ball dey una court. Make una organize this fight sharp sharp so my prophesy go come true.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'd like to share the optimism that at last someone will shut Mayweather up.That person appears to be PacMan.
But with each foe,he backs up his pre-fight boasts.
And rather emphatically too.
I've learnt to respect the man's ability,even though heappears cocky and arrogant.
He has beaten the best.Remember that Manny has to climb to welterweight to fight Pretty Boy.
Simply put,nobody has been able to shut Money up.
until that happens,I won't bet against him.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by MrCrackles(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
semid:

Talk is cheap! Mayweather has always had a big mouth but Manny lets his boxing in the ring speak for him.
True he is mouthy but he has always delivered. . .And as long as he delivers, the cockiness is justified!
I am sure he will thump PacMan, but he wont stroll to victory on that one!
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by jaybee3(m): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mayweather will thump pacman on points. He his a master tactician and counter puncher.
Pacman is always the aggressor which presents a good defensive/counter puncher like pretty boy a stern chance to get the acclaimed title of best pound for pound fighter
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
I won't be in a hurry to write Money off.
Especially since he's beaten a number of finen fighters.
I think he'll withstand Manny through the distance.
Manny isn't as powerful as Oscar de la hoya in his prime.He's just more tenacious i.e. never lets up.Pretty boy can withstand whatever he will offer him.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by naso2(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
semid:

Compare Manny and Mayweather in their fights against Ricky Hatton. Which fighter do u think was more convincing in his victory?

I'm even willing to bet Manny Pacquaio will K.0 Floyd Mayweather.

Shameless Mayweather! Na recycled boxers like 'Bitterleaf' Shayne Mosley em dey like fight. Make em step up to Manny if em think se em sabi fight. Shioor!

The fact that you dont like Floyd does not mean you can run him down like this.Ricky was in a far better shape when he squared up against floyd than when he fought Manny. Besides Ricky seemed to have underrated Manny and was extremely careless.

I like MANNY'S humility but Floyd will give him the fight of his life.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by EarlRagnar2(m): 10:04am On Dec 27, 2020
Ibime:
OK. . . . fight about to start
Good morning Sir,I'm sorry I should have quote you on the main Chelsea group but shame won't let me quote over there.
I really need your assistance sir with school house rent,I know you don't know me or owe me anything sir but I don't know where else to turn to.I'm a student of federal university oye ekiti,300l food science and technology.
My dad is late and my mom who has been supporting me has been badly hit by this covid,she sells party disposables and souvenirs but she couldn't open shop during the lock down which made her run into some debts.
The house rent is #40k but I have #20k,it was giving to me by one my street brother who's is in the US Army Christmas gift.
I will really appreciate any amount Sir cos I know by second week of January my school landlord will be disturbing me with calls.
I'm ready to send you my school document if you want me to send it Sir.
So sorry for disturbing your mentions.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Ibime(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
Good morning Sir,I'm sorry I should have quote you on the main Chelsea group but shame won't let me quote over there.
I really need your assistance sir with school house rent,I know you don't know me or owe me anything sir but I don't know where else to turn to.I'm a student of federal university oye ekiti,300l food science and technology.
My dad is late and my mom who has been supporting me has been badly hit by this covid,she sells party disposables and souvenirs but she couldn't open shop during the lock down which made her run into some debts.
The house rent is #40k but I have #20k,it was giving to me by one my street brother who's is in the US Army Christmas gift.
I will really appreciate any amount Sir cos I know by second week of January my school landlord will be disturbing me with calls.
I'm ready to send you my school document if you want me to send it Sir.
So sorry for disturbing your mentions.

Send me DM please

1 Like

Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by EarlRagnar2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ibime:

Send me DM please
I have Sir,but I don't know how this pm works because I can't remember the password of the mail I used to register my account.
Maybe you should drop your mail sir.
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by EarlRagnar2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ibime:

Send me DM please
Sorry it was double post sir
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by Ibime(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
I have Sir,but I don't know how this pm works because I can't remember the password of the mail I used to register my account.
Maybe you should drop your mail sir.

ipukulu@yahoo.com
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by EarlRagnar2(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ibime:

ipukulu@yahoo.com
please check your mail sir
Re: Manny Pacqiao beats Miguel Cotto! by EarlRagnar2(m): 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ibime:

ipukulu@yahoo.com
I have sent it to your mail sir.

(1) (Reply)

Bang Bang Bang By Femi Kuti Banned / Football And Money-making / Photo: Alex Ferguson During His Playing Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.