Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose (747 Views)

My Dog Is Reacting To Something. HELP!!! / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? / Red Nose Pitbull puppies ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose by DogCynophile(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
1. “Hi!”

Dog’s are very social animals. And as all dog owner’s know when coming home to their pup, dog’s are big on greetings. Nuzzling is just one of the sweetest ways they like to say, “Good to see ya!”
Re: 5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose by DogCynophile(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2016
2 “Im the boss.”

Excessive nudging, that mimics prodding, can be a dog expressing dominance over another dog, or even a person.

Re: 5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose by DogCynophile(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
3. “You’re the boss.”

When a dog rubs his face around another dog’s muzzle, almost like a face massage with a few licks thrown in there, that’s a dog’s way of giving respect to another dog, or showing submission. Sort of like they’re saying, “Hey we’re cool. I’m no threat, pal.”

Re: 5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose by DogCynophile(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
4. “Pay attention to me!”

Let’s be honest… subtlety has never been known as a dog’s strong suit.

Re: 5 Things Your Dog Is Telling You With Their Nose by DogCynophile(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
5. “Where’s the food? Are you holding out on me?”

This last one may seem like the most obvious, a dog wanting food!? You don’t say! However, a study done at the Institute of Zoology at the University of Zurich, proves that our dogs “need for feed” is more sophisticated than we realized.

(1) (Reply)

Cute Male And Female French Bulldog Puppies Ready To Go Now / Amazing Male And Female Neapolitan Mastiff Pups For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.