Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI (14818 Views)

Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding / PHOTOS: Newly Built Pedestrian Bridge In Ojota, Lagos / Government Attention Needed At Ketu Pedestrian Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 16, 2016
Ambo, this is unlike you o!
Oya, do something asap!
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by kevoh(m): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2016
If my office make the mistake of transferring me to Lagos even at triple the posting allowance (which is a hefty sum), I will just go and beg my oga, lie down and roll on the floor to leave me in my present location. No kidding. I love my sanity. #Team.Abuja.Everyday

one4GOD:

I have lived my whole life in lagos though I am from the East but I can tell you, lagos is the only state that is working in Nigeria as we speak now. I just came back from a trip to Benin and imo state last week to see my peeps and all of those states have nothing to offer.
Madam, have you been to Calabar? Abuja? I can not come and be living in a place where I have to leave the house at 4:30 a.m just to get to work on time and still get home 10:30 p.m/11p.m. !

4 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:01am On Dec 16, 2016
one4GOD:

Maybe where u found yourself in your first time because that matters a lot. if your first place of stay in lagos is okokomaiko, ajegunle, abule egba, oshodi etc of course you are going to experience the bitter side of lagos, so please don't condemn lagos in its entirety. I am not saying its all good and rosy but where is? I have lived my whole life in lagos though I am from the East but I can tell you, lagos is the only state that is working in Nigeria as we speak now. I just came back from a trip to Benin and imo state last week to see my peeps and all of those states have nothing to offer.
You only know of Lagos, Edo and Imo try and visit more states like Anambra and see that some states are working apart from Lagos so stop using your little knowledge to judge other parts of the country which is what you accused the guy of using some parts of Lagos to generalised the level of hardship.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by fineyemi(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2016
KevinDein:
congrats man...I can totally relate.

You know, I keep saying it, Lagos is the real hell hole in Nigeria. Trust me peeps, if you don't live in Lagos, just wake up every morning and thank God for your life. The real suffering in Nigeria is in Lagos. Worst standard of living.

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by salamibigi(m): 8:14am On Dec 16, 2016
There's another bridge being built presently
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by HottyPhat(f): 8:16am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:
The suffering and smiling of lagosians. . Used to live in festac. .
The suffer wey dey lagos ehh....
Dem go dey form like say lagos special. . No good road. No light. . Wicked giant mosquitoes. Traffic from hell.

Thank God i ve gone back to my village..
Nnewi
Nwannem kedu?

1 Like

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by tete7000(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2016
Were these bridges even designed for the crowd on it? I doubt. Why is Lagos government putting people through unnecessary risk?
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by LorDBolton(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2016
arlomah:
Weeks after InsideMainland exclusively reported the overcrowding and looming danger at the Ketu pedestrian bridge, commuters still use the foot bridge with fear of being hurt in the process.
When InsideMainland visited the spot during the rush hour earlier today, commuters were seen in numbers using the bridge to access other parts of Ketu to avoid crossing the expressway due to the ban by the government.
InsideMainland learnt that due to the current state of the bridge, residents have resorted to begging KAI officers stationed at strategic points on the expressway to arrest offenders to allow them cross the expressway. This development was as a result of how the bridge vibrates and terrifies commuters when used.

However, checks on the pedestrian bridge showed that the government is currently involved in repair works there.

Presently, the rust railings commuters can use to gain balance when using the pedestrian bridge are currently been replaced with new ones while the usual directional signs on parts of the bridge has been removed.

Speaking to a resident who simply identified himself as Mukhtar, “the rehabilitation work on the bridge commenced few days ago but it has stopped. At first, I was impressed by the swift action to put the bridge in shape but I don’t understand why work stopped here.”

When asked when the workers were last seen on site, he swiftly replied that “it’s been three days since they last came here. I hope they finish what they started so we can use the bridge without fear.”

It was also discovered during checks around the bridge that the newly installed railings were only effected on both sides of the foot bridge as construction workers stopped at a portion connecting the railings to the steps on the pedestrian bridge.

The railings preventing commuters from failing off the steps connecting the pedestrian bridge are still in a bad state and needs to be changed.

The Special Adviser to Governor Akinwunmi Ambode on Communities and Communications, Hon. Kehinde Bamigbetan, told InsideMainland that “the Ministry of Works and Infrastructures is evaluating the bridge and will recommend immediate and long term solutions.”

Furthermore, InsideMainland learnt that there are plans by the government to cover the pedestrian bridge during the ongoing rehabilitation work there.

http://insidemainland.com/2016/12/15/ketu-pedestrian-bridge-continues-shake-terrified-commuters-beg-kai-allow-use-expressway/

cc @Lalasticlala

Sir i'm still looking for where in this write up, it was stated that the bridge 'shakes, wobbles, tilts or whatever'

Pls OP highlight it

Cos all i'm seeing is talk of railings.

Do railings stop a whole bridge from vibrating? Lols

Bridge I crossed twice last wk

Naija and junk journalism
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2016
adedayoa2:
'if you no get money for Lagos, Lagos go tire you' abeg come stay Abuja without money.

That one na suicide mission

1 Like

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by giles14(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:
Dem go dey form like say lagos special. . No good road. No light. . Wicked giant mosquitoes. Traffic from hell.

Nnewi
Nwa Anaedo.

I greet you

1 Like

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by lozanni(m): 9:12am On Dec 16, 2016
cococandy:
Why won't it shake. Look at the number of people on it.

That is ehh, you go fear if you see crowd.

Ojota, Oshodi, Ketu overhead bridges gives an indication on the population densities of those areas.

How on earth will a person join a queue to climb a pedestrian bridge
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by chiefobdk(m): 9:22am On Dec 16, 2016
one4GOD:

Maybe where u found yourself in your first time because that matters a lot. if your first place of stay in lagos is okokomaiko, ajegunle, abule egba, oshodi etc of course you are going to experience the bitter side of lagos, so please don't condemn lagos in its entirety. I am not saying its all good and rosy but where is? I have lived my whole life in lagos though I am from the East but I can tell you, lagos is the only state that is working in Nigeria as we speak now. I just came back from a trip to Benin and imo state last week to see my peeps and all of those states have nothing to offer.

The bitter side of lagos is actually lekki. Ikeja. All those ur so called highbrow. Thr traffic and flood situation is highbrow. Just like d cost of living. .

Me and u kno say wetin i talk na true. .

Bro its in ur head. Move to other places whatever u ve in lagos is also obtainable elsewhere. . Gosh light no even dey lagos no good road nothing. .

Just club hotels and Flexing. No fresh food vegetables fruits. . Since i moved down here i stopped drinking beer. Natural palm wine all d way. . Forget oo Village sweet die

Lagos dey only sweet xmas period wen a vood population of easterners travel for d celebration. At least road dey free

2 Likes

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by chiefobdk(m): 9:39am On Dec 16, 2016
kevoh:
If my office make the mistake of transferring me to Lagos even at triple the posting allowance (which is a hefty sum), I will just go and beg my oga, lie down and roll on the floor to leave me in my present location. No kidding. I love my sanity. #Team.Abuja.Everyday

Madam, have you been to Calabar? Abuja? I can not come and be living in a place where I have to leave the house at 4:30 a.m just to get to work on time and still get home 10:30 p.m/11p.m. !

I was on bus going from mile 2 to oshodi. . One guy sitting beside me. D guy was on official trip to lagos. He was supposed to stop at 5star bis stop. But d driver refused to match brake so d guy can go down. D driver slowed down and asked him to jump down.. D guy refused. Dey took him to oshodi. . Omo d guy call him oga warn am say no matter what him no go ever come lagos again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by chiefobdk(m): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2016
HottyPhat:
Nwannem kedu?
Adikwom mma ooo
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Btruth: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2016
I wonder what the Lagos monitoring unit is doing about this?
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by diportivo: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2016
Some people will just sit down and be typing rubbish

Some other ones will foolishly swallow the crap hook,line and sinker.....

There are points on either sides of the pedestrian bridge dat has been opened to enable people cross....I wonder who those begging the KAI officials are...

Take d bridge if u want to,or take a stroll and cross the express....simple
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by Kingbuhari(m): 10:32am On Dec 16, 2016
AFONJAS should go back to their hinterland villages
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by franklynsunny(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2016
The traffic is too much for this bridge to carry and kai is waitin around to catch people

Ambode

Please do dis as u r doin in ojota nw
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by willibounce1(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Nnewi

Please stay there and don't come back. Advise your brothers to join you as well.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by rabex123(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Nnewi
Them shut ur crap already
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by rabex123(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Nnewi
Then shut ur crap already
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by obailala(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria and reactionary measures are like 5 & 6. The government of Lagos and other concerned authorities are waiting for the inherent disaster to happen before they react; the Uyo church issue is still fresh on our minds.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by chiefobdk(m): 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
willibounce1:

Please stay there and don't come back. Advise your brothers to join you as well.

Afonja. We go dey come lagos. Dey scatter lagos like say tomorrow no dey. I go N2.8m house rent by February. . Ajao estate. . . .

U can go and die. .
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by willibounce1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
chiefobdk:

Afonja. We go dey come lagos. Dey scatter lagos like say tomorrow no dey. I go N2.8m house rent by February. . Ajao estate. . . .

U can go and die. .

I like the way you flattinos rent and own all t house in lagos only on NL and Facebook. It is not a bad wish... but first serve your Oga for like 20 years before him go release you to come lagos. Ewu Nnewi.
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by litaninja(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Until some disaster occurs here before LASG will step up. This bridge has been in the news for months now and no response from LASG.
issokay....
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by altitudee: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2016
just be patient
Re: Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Continues To Shake As Terrified Commuters Beg KAI by DerideGull(m): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2016
Yet one dumbass dingbat claimed Nigeria built a warship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nsima Ekere Wants Entire Governorship Elections Cancelled / Amaechi: Kano-Maradi Rail Contractor To Build University In Rivers / Ministers Will Sign Performance Bond With Tinubu, Says Hadiza Bala Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.