Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa (20614 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest: Nigerians React / Man Exhumes His Late Parents' Remains In Owerri Due To Road Expansion. Photos / Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by hedonistic: 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
bashydemy:

When you done wailing and ranting you go swerve.
Predictable zombie. Swerve into the pit of misery that awaits you.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Lordsocrates: 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
alcmene:
Activist lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has faulted the argument that the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu can continue in acting capacity despite being rejected by the Senate as substantive chairman of the anti-graft agency, stating that the anti-graft agency is too sensitive to be headed by a rejected candidate.

Speaking in a statement forwarded to DAILY POST on Friday, the Lagos lawyer reasoned that the December 14 rejection of Magu by the Senate means that the operations of the EFCC after the Upper Chamber’s decision will be deemed as illegal.

He warned that if the acting EFCC chairman continues in office as acting chairman after Thursday’s development, it would give the impression that Magu has been appointed to do a hatchet job, stressing that his continued stay in office after the rejection would make the EFCC unable to institute court cases or arrest any citizen.

The issues raised in the report of the DSS in relation to Magu cannot be overlooked, as in similar or less weighty circumstances, the EFCC, under Magu, has preferred criminal charges against such suspects, followed with media blitz. After all, the reason that the Hon Just Ofili Ajumogobia is in court facing trial is for her inability to account for her lavish possessions. If an ex policeman is living in a luxurious N40m apartment and cruising in private jets, he should be put on trial in the dock, as he has done to others.

We cannot have such weighty allegations of corrupt enrichment hanging over a man who is to investigate and prosecute others.
Prior to Mr Magu’s appointment, a serious allegation of corruption was made against his predecessor in office, but we have never heard of any effort made by the EFCC since Magu took over, on that case.

Read more http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/16/efcc-cant-arrest-nigerians-file-court-cases-magu-remains-office-adegboruwa/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

All this writing with no position of the law as backing and all you corrupt folks are mastubating on it ?

#Ndisemeh adiok eti eti

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
hedonistic:

Predictable zombie. Swerve into the pit of misery that awaits you.

okay

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
hedonistic:

And your post depicts you as an empty headed and disgusting nincompoop. The person you quoted made his own point. What is your point?

You're accusing him of not being a lawyer and not knowing anything about law... But he essentially supported the views of an individual that is clearly a lawyer and a WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED ONE AT THAT (Adegboruwa). Now, who/what are you?

You are obviously not meant for this place, you belong to your mates in Yaba left, they are waiting for you there. You moniker should have been a signal for me that you are not fit to be here
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by ndcide(m): 7:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
Omeokachie:
Itse Sagay still wants to earn a salary after misleading Magu into thinking that impunity will go unpunished.

Now he is still misleading him unto thinking that wether nigerians like it or not Magu will continue as chairman.

Lets wait and see who blinks first.

Remember he was the one running to the media asking the accused judges to step aside.

The same man says accused Magu shouldn't step aside.

When we want to deal with them never forget to include itse Sagay.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by hedonistic: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
divicode:

You are obviously not meant for this place, you belong to your mates in Yaba left, they are waiting for you there. You moniker should have been a signal for me that you are not fit to be here
Again, what's your point?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
hedonistic:

Again, what's your point?

If your acclaimed mighty Adegboruwa is been sincere he would have backed his claim with the relevant section of the constitution. Adegboruwa and Mike Ozehkome are notorious for misinforming the public, they are known friends of thieves and enemies of state.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
ndcide:

Remember he was the one running to the media asking the accused judges to step aside.

The same man says accused Magu shouldn't step aside.

When we want to deal with them never forget to include itse Sagay.

What ever you guys smoke in Nigeria this days is really brain damaging. Why do people reason like 2year old kids? Whoever that thinks that Magu's non-confirmation was due to some fathom security report that the President was not privy to is brain dead. A Senate house full of thieves with almost all it members currently been persecuted by Efcc under Magu's leadership, and you all think his non-confirmation is because he is corrupt? Lol...Nigeria is really a zoo!
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Goke7: 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin!!! Serve Buhari right
When Jagaban was trying to remove the Saboteur(Saraki)they were calling for his head
Now all Buhari's appointment,SGF,Ministers,EFCC chairman are under fire from the senate (i read somewhere Senate are debating on bill to fire non performing ministers).They are even stripping Buhari off his powers when he is alive
Buhari need jagaban! and he must take a very deadly step to remove Saraki by force through CCB
Otherwise APC government will not know peace till 2019
Jagaban is soothsayer! he is able to foresee what will happen tommorow
The major obstacle to this government is Saraki and he must be destroyed before its too late

What you have said is nothing but the truth, some of us knew that from the day saraki emerged as senate President, PMB will be slowed down.

Pmb is politically naive and the likes of saraki and dino are taking full advantage.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Emassive(m): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
Never miss your medication on a friday
bettercreature:
When Jagaban was trying to remove the Saboteur(Saraki)they were calling for his head
Now all Buhari's appointment,SGF,Ministers,EFCC chairman are under fire from the senate (i read somewhere Senate are debating on bill to fire non performing ministers).They are even stripping Buhari off his powers when he is alive
Buhari need jagaban! and he must take a very deadly step to remove Saraki by force through CCB
The major obstacle to this government is Saraki and he must be destroyed before its too late
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Rad1cal: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
Lordsocrates:

All this writing with no position of the law as backing and all you corrupt folks are mastubating on it ?

#Ndisemeh adiok eti eti

Sharaap dia ! You were get sense counter it na !!
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by real43(m): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
sammyj:
If this is what will give this our Unable Sinators headache then MAGU must stay as the EFCC's Boss. We are waiting for the 2019 to flush this selfish criminals out of that House of Assembly. angry shocked cool
WHO ARE WE. YOUR JUST ON YOUR OWN. SO KINDLY SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by ndcide(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
pro2010:

What ever you guys smoke in Nigeria this days is really brain damaging. Why do people reason like 2year old kids? Whoever that thinks that Magu's non-confirmation was due to some fathom security report that the President was not privy to is brain dead. A Senate house full of thieves with almost all it members currently been persecuted by Efcc under Magu's leadership, and you all think his non-confirmation is because he is corrupt? Lol...Nigeria is really a zoo!

You are only foolishly supporting corruption because of useless political sentiments.

Can you list The senators you call thieves and their corresponding crimes and tell me it wouldn't be just an allegation.

Don't you see, you've been programmed to dismiss the allegations against Magu, while you hold unto your stance that every senator is a thief.

doesn't it sound silly?

Must it be Magu to occupy that position? Is he the only one qualified for it? are you saying he shouldn't clear his name? are you saying we should all move on, simply because he is Magu? or simply because You love him? must corruption be subject to your own definition?

I think you are the one smoking crack.

For emphasis, Itse Sagay is being prejudiced by running to the media to say accused judges should step aside fro perception reasons and then come again and say Magu MUST be EFCC chairman without considering perception too.

For your information, It is against the spirit of the constitution should buhari insist on Magu having being rejected by the senate. If the constitution wanted the president to take a unilateral decision it wouldn't state that Magu's appointment will be subject to confirmation by the senate.

Please let's stop this hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by sammyj: 8:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
Don't just understand what this one is saying at all cool
real43:
WHO ARE WE. YOUR JUST ON YOUR OWN. SO KINDLY SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
Adegboruwa knows how ill informed and dumb Nigerians are (very manifestly on nairaland) and thats why he keeps spilling bullshits like this; for is it the Efcc prosecuting or Magu?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 8:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
ndcide:

You are only foolishly supporting corruption because of useless political sentiments.

Can you list The senators you call thieves and their corresponding crimes and tell me it wouldn't be just an allegation.

Don't you see, you've been programmed to dismiss the allegations against Magu, while you hold unto your stance that every senator is a thief.

doesn't it sound silly?

Must it be Magu to occupy that position? Is he the only one qualified for it? are you saying he shouldn't clear his name? are you saying we should all move on, simply because he is Magu? or simply because You love him? must corruption be subject to your own definition?

I think you are the one smoking crack.

For emphasis, Itse Sagay is being prejudiced by running to the media to say accused judges should step aside fro perception reasons and then come again and say Magu MUST be EFCC chairman without considering perception too.

For your information, It is against the spirit of the constitution should buhari insist on Magu having being rejected by the senate. If the constitution wanted the president to take a unilateral decision it wouldn't state that Magu's appointment will be subject to confirmation by the senate.

Please let's stop this hypocrisy.

Stupid man the people know the thieves in their mist, for the fact that you say the senate is clean manifest how corrupt you are.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Kdon2: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Aggrieved persons should go to court if dey are sure of their facts if not the whole thing remains allegation cooked up by corruption trying all it could to fight back. Shameless elders!
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by ndcide(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
pro2010:

Stupid man the people know the thieves in their mist, for the fact that you say the senate is clear manifest how corrupt you are.

I gave you points for you to reason, your emotional self couldn't take it. I apologize for engaging you. I didn't know you were so shallow in reasoning.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by basadenet: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:

For your information, saraki is more powerful than jagaban.so it is not possible to remove through any lawful and unlawful means you can think of. Somebody senior you, you say na small.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
ndcide:

I gave you points for you to reason, your emotional self couldn't take it. I apologize for engaging you. I didn't know you were so shallow in reasoning.

Wait you want me to start an argument with you over this? Really? I must have grossly underated how stupid you are. To you it takes the court ruling before major thieves can be called thieves? Nigerian courts faa, were presiding judges who are on less than 4million a year salary on the average are billionaires? If you want to argue go to newspaper vendors, time has a price where I live.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by nortcentrallord(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:

What's the sense in what you posted? Jagaban left right and centre. To you, it doesn't matter if Magu is corrupt or not. It doesn't matter if Saraki or the senate makes one sane decision or not. All you car is for apc to rule and buhari to be th president while tinubu should be fed crumbs. Talking about the "slave" mentality. Am sure you are a youth, and you expect a better Nigeria someday. What a bizarre twist! What a shame!
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by sparkleRed(f): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
bashydemy:

When you done wailing and ranting you go swerve.

Lol when someone shows more intellectual capacity calm down and ask to be more enlightened nt everybody is wailing my dear do not be too defensive u won't learn dat way rather be openminded.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by DICKtator: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
asumo12:

U a fan?

grin

Who really isn't?

grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by nwakibie3(m): 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
pro2010:

I know that the senators are thieves but since magu has been caught in his own act, let him face the consequences then the day of reckoning is also coming for the senators. First caught first punished...
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Snowstorm: 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
Has SGF resigned??
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by kutchs: 12:14am On Dec 17, 2016
pro2010:

Wait you want me to start an argument with you over this? Really? I must have grossly underated how stupid you are. To you it takes the court ruling before major thieves can be called thieves? Nigerian courts faa, were presiding judges who are on less than 4million a year salary on the average are billionaires? If you want to argue go to newspaper vendors, time has a price where I live.
Exactly the same thing Magu is accused of, living beyond his means and you have no problem with that.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 12:24am On Dec 17, 2016
nwakibie3:

I know that the senators are thieves but since magu has been caught in his own act, let him face the consequences then the day of reckoning is also coming for the senators. First caught first punished...

Why would the corrupt senators want to sack a corrupt guy who happens to also be Efcc chair? Why not just play ball with him since he knows what's up?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by pro2010: 12:28am On Dec 17, 2016
kutchs:

Exactly the same thing Magu is accused of, living beyond his means and you have no problem with that.

And the DSS an agency under the President submitted this damning report against the Presidents nominee to the Senate? is the DSS dragging power/sabotaging the President or are you just brain dead and can't see whats starring in your face?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 7:24am On Dec 17, 2016
sparkleRed:

Lol when someone shows more intellectual capacity calm down and ask to be more enlightened nt everybody is wailing my dear do not be too defensive u won't learn dat way rather be openminded.

I know about Government and politics more you, When i hear any news i just don't respond but try to make sure i confirm before commenting.

Most wailers here will just comment on any topic that is against Buhari or anybody without thinking about the possibilities of the accuse...

LIke when they said Buhari donates #500million to Clinton, A sane man will know it's not possible but wailers rant and talk about it for days if not weeks..

There was a time they started wailing all over Nairaland that babachir use 370million to clear grass and some people never even think about the possibilities before jumping on here and wailing...
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2016
shinebabe:
OK. When you're arrested nko? What will you do?

Arm your security with licenced guns. If he come with handcuffs slap the hell out of his life, if anyone raise a gun. Your security should send them to judgement sit of God for trial
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by nwakibie3(m): 12:56pm On Dec 17, 2016
pro2010:

Why would the corrupt senators want to sack a corrupt guy who happens to also be Efcc chair? Why not just play ball with him since he knows what's up?

If u want to catch a thief u use another thief...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: PDP Reconciliation Committee Led By Wike Meets With James Ibori (video) / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court / We Won’t Enforce Sit-At-Home Again – IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.