Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? (12962 Views)

Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / Best Comedian In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by nosa101(f): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2006
Ben heart:

how bout Gbenga adeyinka gcfr, ali baba, julius agu, mr. latin nkem owoh, baba ijesh in niger, basket mouth too
talking bout americans chris rock, jamie fox, bill cosby, chris talker, Mr. bean

[list]
[li]It's Chris TUCKER[/li]

[li]Rowan Atkinson is British[/li]
[/list]
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2006
Nkem Owoh is the king for this as he was born to do it grin
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by chizzy687(f): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2006
Steve Harvey

Madiya
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2006
standup?

Lewis Black
Peter Griffigan
Chris Rock, LOVE Bring The Pain
Nick Swordson
Dave Attell
Ted Alexandro
Pablo Francisco
Godfrey, I bet I spelt that wrong
Bill Burr!!, he's the redhead guy in some of Chappelle's skits. Dude's hilarious
Dane Cook
D.C. Curry
Adam ferrera, so funny and cute
Todd Barry
Ralph Harris
Brian Regan!
Jim David, very funny for a gay dude

I don't find females to be funny stand up comediannes for the most part. Infact they can be very obnoxious on stage in the name of being funny except for Rene Hicks & Wanda Sykes. The others suck
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Seun(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2006
I think we don't find women funny because they always want to talk about their complicated feelings! cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2006
lol Im female and I agree with you. They either make jokes about their lame relationships or they go ahead to talk about mensuration.

Wanda & Rene are the only exceptions.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by yebarbie(f): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2006
Amrerican:Chris Rock
Nigerian:I go die
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by LindaM1(f): 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2006
undecided Well, Seun, with all due respect, I must disagree with you. When you say "we" don't find women funny, who are the "we"? If it's the majority of men, then I can understand that, because, yes, women usually base their comedy routines on women's issues, which could be considered arcane to most men. But you must understand that many women appreciate seeing the humorous side of things that affect them, such as menses, menopause, raising children, self image, deadbeat dads, etc. And this sort of humor probably could not be delivered by a man (or could it?) When you really analyze humor, all of it relates to something that's mundane, serious or even tragic, and surely, mundane, serious and tragic events are universal to human kind, and definitely not exclusive to any one gender.

Sent with a wink and a smile, because I really do love your website.

Linda M.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2006
doesnt change the fact that majority suck as comediannes. I'm a female and I'm stating the truth
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by 4Play(m): 11:54pm On Dec 20, 2006
Seun is damn right.Women are just not funny.

Best comedian is Chris Rock
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by gianni(f): 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2006
4 Play:

Seun is damn right.Women are just not funny.

E X C E P T I O N S ---- Catherine Tate and Mo'nique

for the guys ----- I go die

Basket mouth

Omo baba 1

Julius ' d genius ' Agwu

Gandoki

Chris Rock
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2006
Monique sucks.

Her entire routine is about being fat.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by LindaM1(f): 3:27am On Dec 25, 2006
I disagree, Thiefofhearts. It may just be that you have a particular sense of humor, which of course you are entitled to. Lots of people don't think comediennes are funny, but lots of other people do. And those are the people who have helped launch and sustain those comics' careers. They (Monique, et al ) obviously didn't need a unanimous vote of approval to become successful. I am a Black American woman who finds Jeff Foxworthy's Blue Collar Comedy (White trash) tour absolutely hilarious. Humor is simply about what touches you, for whatever reason - it's very personal. It's too general a statement to say that someone isn't "funny". Just look at the variety of replies to the original question!
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:02am On Dec 26, 2006
I'm not in the mood to put "in my opinion" behind every comment I make, if people cant tell it's MY opinion that so and so isnt funny then they should seek help.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Radiant(f): 12:56am On Dec 26, 2006
Ouch! lmao grin
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by sykboi(m): 4:53am On Jan 01, 2007
for me mehn lets come back to naija the best comedians are i go die,i go save,basketmouth,gandoki mehn i can go on fo eva but mehn these guys they rep like mad
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by montili(f): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2007
Robbin Williams
Jim Carey
Eddie Murphy
Adam Sandler
I Go Die
Basket Mouth
Queen Latifa
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by sophiat(f): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2007
MARTIN LAWRENCE ND WILL SMITH

GBENGA ADEYINKA 1st

LANRE OMIYINKA[BABA IJESHA]
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by LindaM1(f): 3:36am On Jan 14, 2007
Thief -

, or they might broaden their horizons, the more you live and and the more you experience - the more ridiculous, incongruous, and thus, "funny" this world we live in can be.

peace.

Linda M.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by OpeLovely(f): 2:45am On Feb 07, 2007
Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy, Jim Carrey, Ali Baba and Chris Tucker.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by aquastar(m): 5:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
definately jim carey (fun with d.i.c.k and jane, bruce almighty and me, myself and irene had me practically rolling over in laughter)
coming back home, i think baba suwe(is that the name?) is ok.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by justbones(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
dirk gently
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by maryray(f): 6:51am On Apr 09, 2008
I GO DIE

(BASKETMOUTH)!, WHAT A MOUTH. EVEN THE NAME IS HILARIOUS.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 03, 2008
1 Nkem owoh ( osuofia)
2 . Mr Ibu
3 Basket mouth
Edyy murphy
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by A40(m): 7:19pm On May 05, 2008
Chris Rock (No contest)
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by amylizzy(f): 9:42pm On May 27, 2008
chris tucker and will smith are my best comedians

Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by amaks: 8:28pm On May 30, 2008
chris rock
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by spikedcylinder: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2008
@ thiefofhearts
Dane Cook? Lewis Black? Inyama!!! Though i agree with you about Monique though. Whats funny about being fat and all the other yada yada she talks about? *hiss*

However, i like the following standup guys. . . .

Carlos Mencia
Aries Spears
Freddy Soto
George Lopez
Gabriel Iglesias
Demetri Martin
Ron White
Maria Bamford (Seun, some women ARE funny)
Adam Ferrara
and maybe Pablo Francisco
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by savanaha: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2008
Russell Peters
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Emma4dfuture(m): 7:51pm On Jun 01, 2008
I prefer Bill Cosby&Seyi Law.
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by damisco87(m): 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2008
basket mouth is d best, his mama pickin, no one has being able to beat him, chop pufpuf, chop chin chin
Re: Who Is The Best Comedian You Know? by Sonye(f): 1:27am On Jun 03, 2008
ben stiller

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Is There Any Series That Is Better Or Similar To 24hrs / Dotun Wins BBNaija 2022 Week 6 Head Of House Challenge / Omotola Is The Highest Earning Actress In Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.