Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? (30219 Views)

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

That is correct- and that is what you see them doing on here. Providing reasons why they thing the bible is illogical, therefore their rejection of Christianity. However, I am yet to see an atheist on here explicitly state "THERE IS NO GOD". If anyone does so, the burden of proof is on him.

Yes. Proof is subjective. Its also heavily influenced by personal experiences. Thats why we have different religions. Normally, proof (in science) should be objective- that can be there for anyone to see irregardless of their religion, and that's what atheists are asking for. But the problem is, religion is an art, not a science, and therefore there are many perspectives through which events can be seen. Religion is like philosophy, and your opinion/religion depends on your own personal experiences. Which is why I find arguing with the religious futile. They're grasping on to the elephant's tail, while I'm touching the elephant's body. The atheist, on the other hand, is touching one of the tusks, and asking for a picture as proof from both of us- forgetting that we are all blind.

Are you sure you are yet to see the bolded? Want to take a poll?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Are you sure you are yet to see the bolded? Want to take a poll?
I've seen 'Yahweh isn't real'. I've seen, 'Allah is just your imagination' but I've never seen anyone state explicitly that there is NO GOD in any way/form, etc. Even oga Seun himself has once suggested pantheist leanings, asking a Christian why they couldn't believe the universe itself is god.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
@PDBonline.

Read below to see who is shifting the burden of proof.

@KingEbukasBlog why don't you tell dis man that we've gone past this a long time ago.

The meaning of Atheists are not the claimant.

The lack believe because of lack of proofs!

Why are doing this all over again. It's exhausting.

The paradigm has now changed since you took a hiatus bro . We are now saying that Nature serves as evidence for God and the atheists rejecting this evidence does not invalidate it . The atheists now have to provide evidence that shows God does not exist .

And

Atheism should not be defined as lack of belief or absence of belief . Because atheism has to be an explicit conscious rejection of God(s) . Just like what Diagoras of Melos did and became the first atheist in History .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by LiberaDeus: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

On the contrary its not my responsibility. I HAVE COME TO KNOW WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW yet you who DO NOT KNOW SEEMS TO THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN I DO WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE SURE THE GOD WHOM YOU DO NOT KNOW CANNOT BE YAHWEH.

So its either you are weighed down by gross confusion or you are on the precipice of mental strangulation or you have somehow seen all the gods that ever existed, interacted with them, compared their characteristics and then drew a conclusion. Which is it?

Am sorry Mr man. You have come to know what I don't know but you can't offer proof of it. Do you know how that sounds?

I know that there are UFOs . I have come to know that aliens exist cause I have one with me in the room now. If you like doubt it that's your business. You can't have or know what i share with my extraterrestrial friend. I can make this claim for 4000 years like your Jewish and Christian brethren have done and no one can disprove it . Have you searched the whole world to know my alien friend doesn't exist. Even if you can't see him, I can assure you that he is invisible and you can never know.

That's how you Christians sound.

I don't have time for insults.
I don't have to investigate all gods in the world to come to that conclusion. Religious people across the world make claims about universal gods and fail to provide proof of it and you think I should believe it.
Since I haven't investigated them all, you know what, I will believe in all the gods that have ever existed since the beginning of history.
I can't disprove Zeus, Ra, Odin, Baal, Allah, Brahman. So I will believe the possibility that they exist in short I will believe them alongside Yahweh.
Its when you now try to tell me to drop just one of them like Brahman that's when I will tell you to apply the same reasons to Yahweh and lets know whether or not he should exist.

As for your claims of knowing god and I not knowing. I can categorically tell you that if your so called knowing can't be corroborated in reality then they are no different from that of lunatic in an asylum.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

That is correct- and that is what you see them doing on here. Providing reasons why they thing the bible is illogical, therefore their rejection of Christianity. However, I am yet to see an atheist on here explicitly state "THERE IS NO GOD". If anyone does so, the burden of proof is on him.

Atheists who have said there is no God ?

- Diagoras of Melos
- Theodorus The Atheist
- Euhemerus.

If you have not consciously and explicitly rejected the existence of God , you are not an atheist . If you are not certain God does not exist , you are not an atheist .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If you have not consciously and explicitly rejected the existence of God , you are not an atheist . If you are not certain God does not exist , you are not an atheist .

Could you define the term 'Agnostic Atheist' then?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

Oga you need a crash course in English about what a CLAIM is. ANYONE WHO SAYS GOD DOES NOT EXIST has made a claim. The next logical question would be...HOW DID YOU FIND THIS OUT? OR HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT THIS CONCLUSION.
I'm not one of such atheist.

If an atheist lacks belief due to lack of sufficient proof this means they still need proof so why jump to the conclusion that there is no God or God does not exist when there are still myriads of proof yet to be seen? Are you confused?
As I said I'm not one.

But I'm also compelled to make such assertions, because there are numerous Gods of numerous religions.
If there is a God which implies perfection, omniscience, omnipotent then the world would be a better place.

It is a conclusion from deduction and it is the opinion of the claimant.

But for the sake of arguments, I don't make such assertions not because it isn't most likely, but because of your likes who misunderstand the position is to be replied by providing proofs.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by LiberaDeus: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

LiberaDeus don't start it again. There is a clear statement about what we expect from you in this thread.
What you've just done among other things is exactly the Shift of Burden of Proof I am complaining about. It's a known informal logical FALLACY.
Then to that you are adding Hasty Generalization. Christians are in different stages of knowledge and maturity. And our Bible tells us that who ever thinks he knows anything as not known it as he ought to- meaning that knowledge, talk less knowledge of God is inexhaustible.
So anyone among us who is truly knowledgeable also knows that there is more to know. Rather than allow the lack of knowledge to led us into hasty conclusions and spiritual laziness, we have not given up, calling God all sorts like those who left our camp does.

The same ignorance that has led to broken relationships when one partner decides to stop seeking to know the other and adjust to the responsibility that the knowledge brings, that's what has led to many leaving our camp. And you can read the anger and disappointment they express towards a God they claim doesn't exist.

LiberaDeus, you have all the opportunity here to scientifically proof to a logical conclusion why you hold on to the idea that there is no God because you have suggested that this is what Christians should do while shutting your eyes and heart to all the evidence already existing around you. You even have the liberty to quote the works(research) of those senior atheists like Dawkins.

I don't know why you don't read my posts totally and jump to conclusions. I am not an atheist but an agnostic.
I never made a claim that no god exists.
My belief is that there is most likely a number of higher intelligent beings[ call it god or not] that exist in the universe and can most likely exist in other universes. I can't claim that I know how or when or why the universe was created. Its you theists that make that extraordinary claim so you guys must prove it.

You are funny. Do you know that your acceptance of Christianity is a hasty generalization that you took most likely when you were younger and didn't think critically.

Examine these facts
- you are alive and you know you came from somewhere

-you know the earth must come from somewhere and something can't come from nothing

- you see inherent design in nature and purpose

Considering these facts above, you jumped into a conclusion that a god specifically created the universe and his name is Yahweh, his sons name is Jesus, he chose the jews as his chosen people. That's a very big mother of all leaps and a very hasty generalization. You did this most likely because it was introduced to you at a very young age when you couldn't object or think critically. You might have decided to become more devout as you grew older for reasons best known to you.

When I left christianity, I undid the hasty generalization that I did when I was younger and when I was older.
The logical stance is to wait for incontrovertible proof of your gods existence not accepting it by blind faith.

Don't wait for me to give you proof. I am not an atheist.
As you are waiting for atheists to give you proof I hope one day you will open a thread that shows how the universe was purposely created by your Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:
-

Bro . All those labels are unnecessary .
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2016
AnonyNymous:

What is natural theology?

It is the theology or knowledge of God based on observed facts and experience apart from divine revelation.

Read more here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_theology
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

What reasons will be sufficient? Like seeing God physically appear to you? Like Him creating another universe and taking you there to say that, "Okay, see what new world I have created. Do you now believe?"

You don't get to see something when you are not looking at the right place, no matter how convinced you are about where you do your search.

If you honestly don't have sufficient reason and there is God, He knows you are honest. But honesty is not enough. Don't consult other humans to proof God to you, if God exist, He will hear you speak to Him, asking that He help you to understand what you haven't and let Him decide when and how to do it.

Having said that. This is a thread for those who claim that God does not exist. An opportunity to do what they ask others to do(which they never agree with, nor are they ready to). Maybe if they show the evidence for their claim, they will have just some moral right to request for such claim from those who say theirs is already available and that what is not available is a personal revelation from that God- which atheists for some reason don't consider genuine.
The problem is that you are yet to define GOD and EXIST. when can we say that A EXISTS?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
@PDBonline.

Read below to see who is shifting the burden of proof.

@KingEbukasBlog why don't you tell dis man that we've gone past this a long time ago.

Atheists are not the claimant!!!

They lack believe because of lack of proofs! That is why they not need to proof the inexistence of God.

Why are doing this all over again. It's exhausting.

Can you provide proofs for the inexistence of Aliens?
I agree with KingEbukasBlog and damogul. You guys should stop this "I don't need to proof anything" stuff. You make claims. If I ask you, and you show us preferred way to test any claim and that's simply what we are asking to do to your claim.

But I will also want to add that a refusal to accept a proof as so is different from lack of proof. In fact, the fact that the evidence is vague, doesn't give you the authority to claim that it is not true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
Or may be I should ask you SkepticalPyrrho and others: "Do you believe God exist?"

If your honest answer is "No". Tell us how you came to that conclusion scientifically without arguing against other people's believes. Just give us scientific evidence in support of yours- enough to justify that.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is your new account doing ? Felixomor , come and see oo

Hehehehe
grin
Wahala dey.

The apetheist desperation is real.

Very soon monikers will be exhausted.
U go dey see monikers like coldNinja, Iceblock, blackLandlord,

I laff in hebrew.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
I've been seeing many theist here (christians and muslims,) arguing about how their religion and God is true and those that do not accept their religion/ God are either blind, arrogant or foolish. What I have never heard from any of the theist arguing in support of one religion/ God or the other is providing an objective and incontrovertible way through which we will all test and know which religion/ God is true. How do we objectively know which God exists and controls thrle world and which God is false and vice versa? Where is the objective test to prove any of these religious claim? What methodology can be used to test and verify the existence of God that is objective to all? How can other religions/Gods also be shown to be false, what methodology do they need to fail for us to know that they are false? Instead of repeating what you have been coerced and indoctrinated with since childhood mostly, why don't the theist here do something different and show us with objective evidence why their religion/God is true and other religions/Gods are false. The theist making the claim that God exist should provide objective evidence that their Gods exist so that when we come in contact with it we will know for sure that it is their God and not some other phenomenon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:
I've been seeing many theist here (christians and muslims,) arguing about how their religion and God is true and those that do not accept their religion/ God are either blind, arrogant or foolish. What I have never heard from any of the theist arguing in support of one religion/ God or the other is providing an objective and incontrovertible way through which we will all test and know which religion/ God is true. How do we objectively know which God exists and controls thrle world and which God is false and vice versa? Where is the objective test to prove any of these religious claim? What methodology can be used to test and verify the existence of God that is objective to all? How can other religions/Gods also be shown to be false, what methodology do they need to fail for us to know that they are false? Instead of repeating what you have been coerced and indoctrinated with since childhood mostly, why don't the theist here do something different and show us with objective evidence why their religion/God is true and other religions/Gods are false. The theist making the claim that God exist should provide objective evidence that their Gods exist so that when we come in contact with it we will know for sure that it is their God and not some other phenomenon.

Sorry.
Its sad to say, but has to be said.

Atheism isnt about evidence.
It has never been.

I can almost for certain declare that no type of evidence (be it video or written) can satisfy you.

Atheism is far from evidence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
Blackbolt:

The problem is that you are yet to define GOD and EXIST. when can we say that A EXISTS?
You should take a dictionary and start from there. But really, when I say God. I mean the Eternal Being through whom everything else derives origin; the omnipotent and omniscient.

Exist means real.

Now, if you decide to change the topic again, I won't respond to you. All what I'm asking for is how an atheist who claims God is not real came to that conclusion, logically and scientifically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by jonbellion(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
LiberaDeus:

I don't know why you don't read my posts totally and jump to conclusions. I am not an atheist but an agnostic.
I never made a claim that no god exists.
My belief is that there is most likely a number of higher intelligent beings[ call it god or not] that exist in the universe and can most likely exist in other universes. I can't claim that I know how or when or why the universe was created. Its you theists that make that extraordinary claim so you guys must prove it.
this is exactly what I say
These creationists never understand and would be quick to throw insults
It's more that obvious they have comprehension problems
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
felixomor:

Sorry.
Its sad to say, but has to be said.

Atheism isnt about evidence.
It has never been.

I can almost for certain declare that no type of evidence (be it video or written) can satisfy you.

Atheism is far from evidence.

When you have any evidence for your beliefs provide it and lets examine it as stated. If you have non then move along. We don't have time to listen to your criesand rants .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by felixomor: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

When you have any evidence for your beliefs provide it and lets examine it as stated. If you have non then move along. We don't have time to listen to your criesand rants .

Its always been the atheists crying and ranting.
As seen even on this religious forum.
The finger is on you.

By the way, I maintain the the point,
Atheism has never been about evidence.

It is only a way to the devil helps people to suppress their God-given conscience against sin.
Nothing more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 1:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:
Did you check the title or read the post before commenting? I guess you are in the wrong place.

I have never seen an atheist who considers anything presented as evidence for God so. Meaning that you they already know who God is? There own idea? Maybe. So if you may start by letting us know the God you have searched for and did not find and how you knew that this is what God should look like and this is what he should do or not do.

You can't ask someone to bring up an evidence without knowing what you are looking for. Also before you ask for such evidence, like you demand, do you have any scientific basis by which you know beyond reasonable doubt that if God is real it is most certain that He will be revealed that way?

You most have known God to come up with such. Now that you wouldn't listen to the how of those who claim to know God, why bother ask them to produce any evidence?

Just use that standard you require for your own claim. That's what this is about. If you don't have a claim, then this post is not addressed to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
ScepticalPyrrho:
I'm not one of such atheist.

As I said I'm not one.

But I'm also compelled to make such assertions, because there are numerous Gods of numerous religions.
If there is a God which implies perfection, omniscience, omnipotent then the world would be a better place.

It is a conclusion from deduction and it is the opinion of the claimant.

But for the sake of arguments, I don't make such assertions not because it isn't most likely, but because of your likes who misunderstand the position is to be replied by providing proofs.

If you are not one then stop butting into threads that do ot comply with your worldview because obviously for such a thread as this to exist there are atheists who do not share your opinion
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

All what I'm asking for is how an atheist who claims God is not real came to that conclusion, logically and scientifically.

Personally I came to the conclusion that no God exist base Gods are man made ideas and conception. No God can be shown to exist on its on independent of man's input and societal acceptance. Men sat down and invented what ever concept of God they imagined based on various reasons. Gods do not exist in reality. Belief in the idea of God is what is real. Men had to write what ever story that comes to their minds about what ever concept of God they imagined. Men had to created the theology and doctrines that will cement and make the God idea they created acceptable to others. Men have to speared the word about what ever concept of God they imagined and explain it to others. Men have to build all the religious temples and convert others to their religion and make them follow what ever God concept they created. Men have to fight for their various Gods. Enforce what ever system of morality they have come to associate with what ever form of God they created.

This is simple, 4000 years Ra was the very powerful God of ancient Egypt. Now nobody believes in that God idea any more and that God is dead, same applies to Zues and the other Greek Gods. Most of the Mayan and South and North American Gods are no more because no one believes in them. Same with most of our traditional African Gods. We don't even know the names of the Gods our ancestors worshiped like 2000 years ago.

4000 years ago the God Allah as we know it today wasn't in existence until Mohammed introduced the God concept and went about conquerin people and making sure they accept that God. 3000 years ago there was no God called Jesus that was worshiped by anybody until the Romans came conquered most parts of the world and introduced that God concept to their subjects.

Once people stop believing in a God that idea dies off.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
LiberaDeus, jonbellion if you are agnostic and you are here, you created the confusion because the title is clear.

Nevertheless if you have a claim that it is not possible to know whether or not God exist, you may want to provide the same Scientific proof of how you arrived at that believe. It's the same as you've asked theists.

I have previously stated that lack of capacity to know on your part doesn't equal impossibility. And you cannot call other people's personal experiences as false because you don't believe it. You don't believe it is different from it is not true or it is not reliable.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Personally I came to the conclusion that no God exist base Gods are man made ideas and conception. No God can be shown to exist on its on independent of man's input and societal acceptance. Men sat down and invented what ever concept of God they imagined based on various reasons. Gods do not exist in reality. Belief in the idea of God is what is real. Men had to write what ever story that comes to their minds about what ever concept of God they imagined. Men had to created the theology and doctrines that will cement and make the God idea they created acceptable to others. Men have to speared the word about what ever concept of God they imagined and explain it to others. Men have to build all the religious temples and convert others to their religion and make them follow what ever God concept they created. Men have to fight for their various Gods. Enforce what ever system of morality they have come to associate with what ever form of God they created.

This is simple, 4000 years Ra was the very powerful God of ancient Egypt. Now nobody believes in that God idea any more and that God is dead, same applies to Zues and the other Greek Gods. Most of the Mayan and South and North American Gods are no more because no one believes in them. Same with most of our traditional African Gods. We don't even know the names of the Gods our ancestors worshiped like 2000 years ago.

4000 years ago the God Allah as we know it today wasn't in existence until Mohammed introduced the God concept and went about conquerin people and making sure they accept that God. 3000 years ago there was no God called Jesus that was worshiped by anybody until the Romans came conquered most parts of the world and introduced that God concept to their subjects.

Once people stop believing in a God that idea dies off.

You said 4000 yrs ago right? In fact i can even say 8000 yrs ago probably other gods existed. How old are you dalaman? 10000 yrs old? Were you there when the alleged God idea was created by man? Can you show us proof?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by Deicide: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Damn it bro ! You are good ! I thought of the same thing too . It sounded like NinjaX . He has made that comment with his NinjaX account .
Nawa o
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
PDBonline:

Did you check the title or read the post before commenting? I guess you are in the wrong place.

I have never seen an atheist who considers anything presented as evidence for God so. Meaning that you they already know who God is? There own idea? Maybe. So if you may start by letting us know the God you have searched for and did not find and how you knew that this is what God should look like and this is what he should do or not do.

I was once a christian and I truly searched for the Christian God only to realize that like all other Gods he's just a man made idea.

You can't ask someone to bring up an evidence without knowing what you are looking for. Also before you ask for such evidence, like you demand, do you have any scientific basis by which you know beyond reasonable doubt that if God is real it is most certain that He will be revealed that way?

I was once a christian am when I speak of God in speak about the Christian idea and conception.

[You most have known God to come up with such. Now that you wouldn't listen to the how of those who claim to know God, why bother ask them to produce any evidence?

Just use that standard you require for your own claim. That's what this is about. If you don't have a claim, then this post is not addressed to you.

I am.listening. Jut provide your objective and incontrovertible evidence that your God exist.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

I was once a christian and I truly searched for the Christian God only to realize that like all other Gods he's just a man made idea.

I was once a christian am when I speak of God in speak about the Christian idea and conception.

I am.listening. Jut provide your objective and incontrovertible evidence that your God exist.

You said 4000 yrs ago right? In fact i can even say 8000 yrs ago probably other gods existed. How old are you dalaman? 10000 yrs old? Were you there when the alleged God idea was created by man? Can you show us proof? I have a right to demand for the kind of proof i want same way atheists demand to see an amputee healed. Can you show me tangible proof to your claim and not theories.
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Saying you were once a Christian is no proof to your claim. I am a Christian and have been for 30yrs of my life so our positions differ so can you show me real tangible proof to your claim

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by dalaman: 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

You said 4000 yrs ago right? In fact i can even say 8000 yrs ago probably other gods existed. How old are you dalaman? 10000 yrs old? Were you there when the alleged God idea was created by man? Can you show us proof?

Historically speaking 4000 years ago the people in Egypt believe in Ra as their supreme God. Their halographs are there for all to see. The Egyptian book of the dead I still there. I don't need to be there to know. God are man made ideas that is why there are different Gods. All created by men. If the white men had not conquered your land and forced your ancestors to worship their own God you would have been somewhere worshipping the verson of God/ Gods of your acestors imagined and created.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by damogul: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Historically speaking 4000 years ago the people in Egypt believe in Ra as their supreme God. Their halographs are there for all to see. The Egyptian book of the dead I still there. I don't need to be there to know. God are man made ideas that is why there are different Gods. All created by men. If the white men had not conquered your land and forced your ancestors to worship their own God you would have been somewhere worshipping the verson of God/ Gods of your acestors imagined and created.

You seem not to get my question. I do not want theories. I want proof that you were there when the first idea of God was formed. The Egyptians whom you claimed created the idea of Ra were you there when it all began and saw how it began? If yes then show me proof.

If i was there when my mom died and i suddenly start telling you my mom is dead i should be able to take you to her grave or at least show you pictures of her burial as proof that i know what i am saying or i was there. What do you have to offer?
Re: Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? by PDBonline: 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

Personally I came to the conclusion that no God exist base Gods are man made ideas and conception. No God can be shown to exist on its on independent of man's input and societal acceptance. Men sat down and invented what ever concept of God they imagined based on various reasons.
dalaman, you are making those claims again. In logic it's called begging the question: providing what is essentially the conclusion as the premise. You also used hasty generalization You essentially provided more of what is called logical fallacy.
To conclude that Gods are man made idea, you must have interacted with every man that ever claimed to believe in God in the history of humanity and must have proven that all of them had the same story to tell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos 2017 "Jesus Our King" (Live Thread) / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much? / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.