Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon (11151 Views)

Chaba Mark: My Apology To Goodluck Jonathan / Adorable Photos Of Patience Jonathan Supporting GEJ At Bingham University Today / Photos: Jonathan Receiving His Honorary Doctorate Degrees From Bingham Universit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by sixtuschimere: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Goodluck Jonathan shared the news and wrote.....

'I am thankful today as Bingham University awards honorary doctorate degrees to General Yakubu Gowon and I. I believe in education as the only vehicle that will lead to a realization of Nigeria's greatness and I am proud to be associated with the good work that Bingham University and the Evangelical Church of West Africa are doing. GEJ'

Congrats to them.

Image credit:Haroun

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/12/bingham-university-awards-honorary.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Willybos(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2016
Ok, i knw somebody below me won't be happy with this wonderful news!

2 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by herzern(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2016
'I am thankful today as Bingham University awards honorary doctorate degrees to General Yakubu Gowon and I.

What else do I expect from a Zooloqy qraduate?? undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by xpiranza: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2016
wat ever
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by XXLDICK(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2016
Two failed past leaders being rewarded cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by saduke89: 11:29am On Dec 17, 2016
for doing what exactly

1 Like

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2016
GEJ now like to dey form OG on what's best for Nigeria ! I feel you baba!

4 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2016
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by DonEffiong(m): 11:32am On Dec 17, 2016
the greatest Nigerian president off all time

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by dedons: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2016
Chai!

How many likes for the HERO of AFRICAN DEMOCRACY?

42 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by zabadii(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2016
Go On With One Nigeria. congrats to our heroes

2 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Thisis2raw(m): 11:35am On Dec 17, 2016
Congratulations sir.

Some people won't like this

15 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by snezBaba: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2016
zabadii:
Go On With One Nigeria. congrats to our heroes

Yakubu Gowon(The slayer),Your hero? grin
I laugh in Indian...
Whether you like it or not PMB has already scam/Won you guys.He's the presido tongue cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by tukdi: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2016
grin

GEJ & Gowon, my men! grin

2 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by martyns303(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2016
U can't hold him back!!!! Respect GEJ

23 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by paradigmshift(m): 11:37am On Dec 17, 2016
realest geeeeeee...

10 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2016
XXLDICK:

Gowon gave you

NYSC,
FESTAC(project commenced when he was in office).
National Stadium, Lagos
Bank of Agriculture (the first bank to cater exclusively to farmers)
Kept Nigeria one (Jury still out on that)
Created states.
The Naira and the Kobo. (and decimal currency)
Right hand drive cars.
French language lessons.

Of course....there was corruption when he was in office too (Gomwalk saga, Super perm secs, udoji jamboree).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by paradigmshift(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2016
XXLDICK:

mentally unstable patient commenting

17 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by paradigmshift(m): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2016
9jakohai:

Gowon gave you

NYSC,
FESTAC
National Stadium
Created states.

no mind that fool..early morning attention be him problem

14 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2016
CHIEF, DR GOODLUCK EBERECHUKWU JONATHAN, WE MISS U SIR !

5 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by steppin: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2016
Meanwhile, Buhari is dragging the local ones with Akande.

25 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by tchimatic(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2016
Haterz oyaaa ;DHaterz oyaaa
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2016
paradigmshift:

Problem is...they don't teach history in our schools these days.(All my Nigerian history...I learned by self study. 10% was learned in school).

Also....too often we Nigerians mistake being cynical about government for being critical of government. You can be critical of government.....but you can also appreciate some of the good things they do.

I am no fan of IBB, to give an example....but I appreciate programmes he introduced...like DFFRI, NDE and even MAMSER.

4 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by XXLDICK(m): 11:43am On Dec 17, 2016
9jakohai:

Gowon gave you

NYSC,
FESTAC
National Stadium
Created states.

Creation of states an achievement

All past leaders have done things for Nigeria. I can list many things Abacha did for Nigeria.
The question is did they perform well on the average?

I can list many evils of Gowon especially during the civil war.
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2016
God bless GEJ.......well deserved.......

NUC and JAMB would soon visit that School........to probe their operations.....

4 Likes

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by XXLDICK(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2016
paradigmshift:

See, if you have anything do contradict my claim, do it the way the person you quoted did his and not go around throwing insults randomly. I'm not the one responsible for your ill upbringing
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by DozieInc(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2016
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2016
XXLDICK:

Creation of states an achievement

It was an achievement at the time....especially for minorities all over the country.

(Infact, one of the things that derailed Biafra was the state creation issue. Minorities wanted states, Ojukwu wanted provinces. Both had good points...but failure to compromise led to issues down the road)

All past leaders have done things for Nigeria. I can list many things Abacha did for Nigeria.
The question is did they perform well on the average?

Yes they all did do good things here and there (Abacha cleaned up the banking sector properly for example)...but on the whole, the mistake they made was not to invest more in industrial development and diversification (Gowon tried via his National Development Plan....which was continued by Murtala/Obasanjo and Shagari).Then there is the corruption problem.

I can list many evils of Gowon especially during the civil war.

The Nigerian army did commit a lot of atrocities during the civil war....as did the Biafran Army. Both were not ''innocent'' .(I hold no view as to who was badder than the other).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by paradigmshift(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2016
9jakohai:

Problem is...they don't teach history in our schools these days.(All my Nigerian history...I learned by self study. 10% was learned in school).

Also....too often we Nigerians mistake being cynical about government for being critical of government. You can be critical of government.....but you can also appreciate some of the good things they do.

I am no fan of IBB, to give an example....but I appreciate programmes he introduced...like DFFRI, NDE and even MAMSER.

go kill yourself by yourself... be there n be quoting history... I dn pass DT level
Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by XXLDICK(m): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2016
9jakohai:

It was an achievement at the time....especially for minorities all over the country.

(Infact, one of the things that derailed Biafra was the state creation issue. Minorities wanted states, Ojukwu wanted provinces. Both had good points...but failure to compromise led to issues down the road)

Yes they all did do good things here and there (Abacha cleaned up the banking sector properly for example)...but on the whole, the mistake they made was not to invest more in industrial development and diversification (Gowon tried via his National Development Plan....which was continued by Murtala/Obasanjo and Shagari).Then there is the corruption problem.

The Nigerian army did commit a lot of atrocities during the civil war....as did the Biafran Army. Both were not ''innocent'' .(I hold no view as to who was badder than the other).
I like your point of view. Yes, he did a lot.

Don't forget his tenure was the worst ever in the history of Nigeria. We spent approximately 3 years fighting a civil war which led to the death of millions of people. He caused the civil... Why on earth did he sign a document he never understood the content?
Don't say he made sure Nigeria remained one when he caused the civil war.
He would have been a good leader but the civil war was his undoing

1 Like

Re: Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon by XXLDICK(m): 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
9jakohai:

You get time to dey reason logic with that guy. The guy is brain dead

(1) (2) (Reply)

"We Are Dying, Pay Our Salaries" - Kogi Workers Tell Governor Yahaya Bello / Ibrahim Mallaha Gusau Is Dead: Zamfara PDP Chairman Dies / Gov Obaseki Denies Providing Land For Herders In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.