Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Was Told To Pay Money Before I Could Be Called Up -emmanuel Sarki - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was Told To Pay Money Before I Could Be Called Up -emmanuel Sarki (668 Views)

Taribo West: I Was Told To Join A Cult To Get Political Position / 20-Year-Old Joseph Minala Called Up By Cameroon (Photos) / Emmanuel Sarki Blasts Nigerian coaches, says they demand bribe to feature player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Told To Pay Money Before I Could Be Called Up -emmanuel Sarki by cheapgoals(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
Former Chelsea and Nigerian international Emmanuel Sarki has revealed he has no regret and never felt bad for dumping Nigeria for Haiti.

The Ex-Nigeria youth international who was a member of Nigeria U-17 team at the FIFA U-17 Championship in Finland 2003,and also played for the U-20 team at Africa U-20 Championship where he score two goals, has revealed that while playing in Apollon Limassol in Isreal he was told to pay money before he could be called up to the Nigeria national team.

However, Sarki was unable to play for the senior national team but he did find solace in representing Haiti.Sarki was called up to represent the Haitian national team, a country where his maternal grandfather was said to be born.

Emmanuel Sarki was Quoted saying that he was twice call up to pay a legal tender to be involved with the Nigeria national team

” I am comfortable with playing for Haiti. You get picked on your form not on what you have to offer the coaches. I was once told to pay before am called up, but that was when I was playing in Israel”, the Apollon Limassol forward told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I won’t mention the name of the coach but back then Efe Ambrose gave me the contact of the coach after telling him of my form, I put a call across to him but he told me to speak with his assistant, who openly asked me for tips.

” A lot of friends asked me to pay the money but the sum they were quoting was way more than what I can afford. I couldn’t and despite my fine form, I haven't contacted again. No regret though am cool with Haiti, the land of my grand father”.

http://cheapgoals.com/super-eagles-coach-asked-me-to-pay-money-before-i-could-be-called-up-sarki

(1) (Reply)

CLOSED / Referee Clattenburg Quits Premier League For Saudi Role / Man United Player Breaks Down In Tears After He Was Told His Brother Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.