Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,747 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria (5894 Views)

Biafra: Igbo Assembly Tells Buhari What To Do To Nnamdi Kanu / Igbos Will Suffer If Elections Do Not Hold In Anambra - Gov. Obiano. / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Kemperor: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2016
A report credited to Dr Joe Nworgu, the secretary general of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo that every Igbo adult supports the agitation for Biafra has been rebuffed by another chieftain of the group.

In an interview with The Sun, Osita Okechukwu, another chieftain of the pro-Igbo group, noted that contrary to Nworgu's claims that the marginalisation of the Igbos worsened under incumbent president Muhammadu Buhari, it reigned supreme during ex-president Goodluck Jonathan's tenure and he also spoke on the Igbo agitation for Biafra, saying that the majority of the Igbo still cherish their acceptability in Nigeria. Excerpt:

Ohaneze Ndigbo through its Secretary General, Dr. Joe Nworgu last week said that Igbo adults are unhappy just like the youths who are agitating for Biafra because of the continued marginalization of Ndigbo which has exacerbated under Buhari, as an Igbo adult and member of Ohaneze do you agree with him?

For the avoidance of doubt, from my brief analysis of the actions of Dr Joe Nworgu, my in-law and big brother, in particular, he should apologize to Ndigbo for not only sustaining the marginalization of Ndigbo, but reaping from it. Did he harvest the plumb and eminent position held in Ohanaeze, either to fix federal roads: Arochukwu – Umuahia, Umuahia – Uyo-Calabar, Port Harcourt – Enugu, Enugu- Onitsha roads etc. May I ask, is it possible that Dr Nworgu and co after voting for Jonathan in 2011 and Ndigbo collectively did not benefit from the action as our roads and infrastructure collapsed; called for votes for Jonathan again in 2015, and canvassed heavily, to the extent of accusing Buhari of going to Islamise Nigeria, without stomach infrastructure; what was their agenda?

But are you not happy that President Goodluck Jonathan did not marginalise Ndigbo?

As a social democrat, one will always thank God when our prosperity is enhanced, for life in abundance has always been my prayers for humanity, talk less of my people. My take is that selfishness breeds discontent and hunger. And hungry people listen more to propaganda of hate, with little patience to know where and how the hunger started. Therefore, our marginalization, despair and despondency were reinforced during these days of plenty as few Igbo became millionaires while the majority became poorer and unwittingly prepared to absorb the story of marginalization.

As a member of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, how will you rate the Chief Gary Igariwey and Dr Joe Nworgu tenure as they leave office in January?

Chief Gary Igariwey and Dr Joe Nworgu regime as President General and Secretary General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo respectively like every regime in every clime or organisation has its merits and demerits. On the merit side, they had harmonious relationship with both states and federal governments, especially that of former President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife. It was during their tenure that Ndigbo were in the mainstream like the days when the Great Zik chartered the trajectory of Igbo politics, except that the benefits went to only the few appointed.

To be exact, we then had a Secretary to Government of the Federation in the person of Senator Anyim Pius Anyim; Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the Economy, in the person of Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Deputy Senate President and Deputy Speaker, in the persons of distinguished Senator Ike Ekweremadu and Hon. Emeka Ihedioha and co; respectively. We had then ministers of power in the persons of Profs Barth Nnaji and Chinedu Nebo, chairman of works in both houses of the National Assembly and uncountable perquisites.  It was a glorious era; however, the generality of Ndigbo did not benefit commensurately as critical infrastructure in Igbo land collapsed and investment exited out of the region, leading to gross unemployment, hunger, despair and regrettably increased agitation for Biafra.

As their tenure runs out in January, what are the options?

My own position is that Ohanaeze Ndigbo should elect a new leadership that will emulate the political tactics of the Great Zik, not one that preaches hate, alienates Ndigbo from the psych of other ethnic nationalities. Otherwise how can Nworgu brand President Muhammadu Buhari as an Igbo hater?  Let me with the available space erase some of his heinous propaganda of Buhari, a man who on November 7, wrote to Ohanaeze Ndigbo, seeking for dialogue on the way forward. I delivered the letter to Nworgu and because of his predetermined deal with Jonathan, he never even acknowledged the letter, nor was a dialogue held with Buhari, against my advice that they should draw a checklist of Ndigbo and hand over to Jonathan and Buhari, from which they will make a decision on our behalf.

Let’s return to Buhari being anti-Igbo, how would explain Dr Nworgu’s claim that Buhari humiliated Ekwueme after the military coup of 1984 by committing him to prison while he treated Alhaji Shehu Shagari with kid’s gloves?

I’m happy that our elder statesman, former Vice President, Dr Alex Ekwueme, the Ide of Ndigbo is alive and can state the true position. Contrary to the propaganda of ethnic merchants, Ide was given all the candour required of an elder statesman. The current Emir of Gwandu, then Major Jokolo led the team which arrested him and he took care of Ide, as against the hate message of Dr Nworgu. This made Ekwueme to date to maintain a cordial relationship with Jokolo to the extent that Ide attended his coronation at Gwandu.

Okay, Nworgu also said that Buhari marginalized the South-East in the execution of PTF projects when he was at the head of the agency, was this not bad?

My dear brother, I don’t want to talk much about this because our representative on the board of PTF, Prof Chimere Ikoku of blessed memory is no more there to state how the PTF mapped o
Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2016
no need for rants only refferendum can say.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by seunlly(m): 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Biafran are leading themselves to land of doom.
I'm happy this sensible Igbo people .

1 Like

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by littlewonders: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
Why his he babbling for majority when referendum can only prove things right or wrong?

11 Likes

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2016
Smh. Spare me this epistle and call for referendum and let's see who would emerge victorious.

13 Likes

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by moshmusth(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2016
sauce(source) or addonbilivit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by tit(f): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
clap for him
Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Noblecx: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
Source or.

Meanwhile Southwest and propaganda

21 Likes

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by pchukwudi: 11:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
Who takes an APC nonentity serious?

Real Ohanaeze cheiftains are all in support of the release, it's now this confused begger that wants to be a lone voice in APC's wilderness.

Common sense would have made him know that he had no credibility to speak for the igbos since he has soiled his objectivity with his errand politics.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by niceprof: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
He was a former spokesperson for APC and now a beneficiary of the regime, he ought to defend his pay master or una wan comot food for I'm mouth?

15 Likes

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by FisifunKododada: 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2016
cool he is madt cool
Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by azimibraun: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
He only just re-echoed the obvious questions everyone kept asking and never got an answer to... How come the igbos in GEJ government never took advantage of his naivety and dependence on the south east for strength to massively develope critical infrastructures in the south east? They could have even use the 6yrs to pursue biafra legitimately at the UN. What a glorious opportunity missed. The realisation of the lost chance is the hate for Buhari.. Anyway am sure the south east will benefit more under Buhari than another past admin. Minister of Labour, Trade and Investment, Foreign affairs are just luvly for the business minded igbo nation. Funny enough other Nigerian tribes love the Igbos but my surprise is why the igboman thinks he is hated. Who hate igboman? They are funny, strong and industrious and can live anywhere. Is that somebody to hate on?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by azimibraun: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
niceprof:
He was a former spokesperson for APC and now a beneficiary of the regime, he ought to defend his pay master or una wan comot food for I'm mouth?
You will grow wiser rather than just taller if you learn to look at issues based on their merits and demerits. It's not written anywhere that all igbos must hate buhari or support Biafra... thesame way you can't force all igbos to love Buhari and be against biafra... grow up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by 0xtr139r: 12:06am On Dec 18, 2016
azimibraun:
He only just re-echoed the obvious questions everyone kept asking and never got an answer to... How come the igbos in GEJ government never took advantage of his naivety and dependence on the south east for strength to massively develope critical infrastructures in the south east? They could have even use the 6yrs to pursue biafra legitimately at the UN. What a glorious opportunity missed. The realisation of the lost chance is the hate for Buhari.. Anyway am sure the south east will benefit more under Buhari than another past admin. Minister of Labour, Trade and Investment, Foreign affairs are just luvly for the business minded igbo nation. Funny enough other Nigerian tribes love the Igbos but my surprise is why the igboman thinks he is hated. Who hate igboman? They are funny, strong and industrious and can live anywhere. Is that somebody to hate on?

Keep on with your hypocrisy since it gives you lots some semblance of relief from the unavoidable, impending doom and gloom.

Many Igbos are more than ever before determined to have a separate existence from you lots.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by ogunboss: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2016
azimibraun:
I wonder o
This man presented viable facts and mentioned names
They won't contest those facts but will always respond based on emotion. I still repeat the question, what did GEJ do for the SE? Imagine, they could have given a viable checklist to PMB. Somebori who is desperately looking for ground, he would answer them quickly. In the end, they'd be better off, Buh no, 'On Biafra we stand'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by ogunboss: 12:12am On Dec 18, 2016
0xtr139r:

Keep on with your hypocrisy since it gives you lots some semblance of relief from the unavoidable, impending doom and gloom.

Many Igbos are more than ever before determined to have a separate existence from you lots.
You're funny
Let Trump first grant sovereignty to Texas and Nevada, then we'll know he's serious

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by 0xtr139r: 12:15am On Dec 18, 2016
ogunboss:
I wonder o
This man presented viable facts and mentioned names
They won't contest those facts but will always respond based on emotion. I still repeat the question, what did GEJ do for the SE? Imagine, they could have given a viable checklist to PMB. Somebori who is desperately looking for ground, he would answer them quickly. In the end, they'd be better off, Buh no, 'On Biafra we stand'

GEJ or no GEJ, performing governors and political appointees or not self-determination is an inalienable right of a people. Exclusively hyping on performance of selected politicians as the antidote to the quest of a people to self-determination at this critical moment is simply diversionary and mischievous to state the least. 

This argument seems to be predicated on the premise that Yoruba governors and politicians are doing excellently better than their SE counterparts. And that is totally false and amounts to a campaign of calumny.

Which of Yoruba governors performed creditably better than Chime Sullivan, Peter Obi or Chris Ngige vis-a-vis the available funds at their disposal?
https://www.nairaland.com/2681363/bishop-rejects-huge-money-donation#39221420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN7HTO2QXDc

Remember that after the civil war the federal government promised to rehabilitate and reconstruct the Eastern region but subsequent evil governments diverted Gowon’s 3Rs to other regions for neglecting and under-developing the Eastern region for deliberate obvious reasons.

The infallible truth is that the Nigerian system has been so designed to foist notorious crooks on the people and also frustrate credible people from performing.

Acknowledge the simple fact that Igbos fare better than most tribes even with their numerous looting of the commonwealth and great federal government presence. The Igbos have the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade other enclaves. You can see the reality in the shocking manner many of your States are in comatose with many of its civil servants surviving on the good gestures of concerned Nigerians.

With the dwindling crude oil earnings Igbo States are the least affected largely due to the fact that their economy is not crude oil dependent. Fayose of Ekiti government had to send some of its citizens to the SE to learn a skill/trade in a bid to grow the economy of Ekiti State. 

A legitimate agitation by a people for a simple referendum is no way a crime. Reeling out old time war tales with video clips and pictures to your satisfaction reeks of hypocrisy and only meant to divert attention from the crust of the matter to the subterranean.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by 0xtr139r: 12:18am On Dec 18, 2016
ogunboss:

You're funny
Let Trump first grant sovereignty to Texas and Nevada, then we'll know he's serious

That's none of your business what the people of Texas and Nevada choose to do with their lives. You should be more concerned with the sorry state of your hapless folks in SW region who are still being hunted for sports by your Fulani masters.

FYI, your playing to the gallery cannot obliterate the fact that self-determination remains an inalienable right of ANY people...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by prince985(m): 12:35am On Dec 18, 2016
[s]
seunlly:

[/s][s][/s]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Yyeske(m): 12:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Biafra is dead for now, agitators and other IPOBians should deal with that fact.

If e pain you too much, carry your AK47 and bomb the niger bridge then we'll take you guys serious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by 0xtr139r: 2:00am On Dec 18, 2016
Yyeske:
Biafra is dead for now, agitators and other IPOBians should deal with that fact.

If e pain you too much, carry your AK47 and bomb the niger bridge then we'll take you guys serious.

If you like smash your head against the nearest brickwall you and your cohorts cannot stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

Silly rants of frustrations...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by sekundosekundo: 5:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Yyeske:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Mckennedy: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2016
seunlly:

Which land of doom? Rather than cry for famine that will befall you when they're gone...conduct a referendum as its done in other civilised world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Mckennedy: 6:13am On Dec 18, 2016
azimibraun:

Referendum will save all this long stories as its conducted in other civilise world instead of do or die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by niceprof: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2016
azimibraun:
You will grow wiser rather than just taller if you learn to look at issues based on their merits and demerits. It's not written anywhere that all igbos must hate buhari or support Biafra... thesame way you can't force all igbos to love Buhari and be against biafra... grow up.
And who tells you igbos hate Buhari,if anyone ever took PMB to the cleaners,it was EL-RUFAI,what is the story today? Dude you need to wake up and understand the intricacies of the politics of exigency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by freshboi88: 9:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Y didn't u call for referendum under GEJ, since is his ur man, it would have been easily granted......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Funlordjnr: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Ipob touts go cry tire today for this thread!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by dannytoe(m): 10:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Noblecx:
Source or.

Meanwhile Southwest and propaganda
why igbos and biafra are like

1 Like

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 10:33am On Dec 18, 2016
littlewonders:
Why his he babbling for majority when referendum can only prove things right or wrong?

Why did the other guy blab for majority when rederendum can only prove things right or wrong?

Can you see the hypocrisy in your post?
Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2016
This piece is very enlightening i must say. The guy speaks with facts.
Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by Opakan2: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2016
0xtr139r:

If you like smash your head against the nearest brickwall you and your cohorts cannot stop the raging IPOB tsunamic movement.

Silly rants of frustrations...

I have noticed you go about on every biafrau.d thread insulting other tribes..

I don't think you know the doom that awaits you and you people in the North and SW if this country splits eventually.. Nobody will patronize any igbo business to start with and ya'll will be asked to leave or be killed

since you are better than others and want to be alone, be ready to leave others alone too. simple as that

4 Likes

Re: No More Biafra: Igbo Chieftain Lists Reasons Igbos Will Never Leave Nigeria by littlewonders: 11:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Corrinthians:
Why did the other guy blab for majority when rederendum can only prove things right or wrong?

Can you see the hypocrisy in your post?

We are all on the same page. Referendum will answer all this literal and verbal conflict.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Crowd As Biafran Protest In Owerri, Abagworo Come And Defend OKOROAWUSA / What Biafrans Will Never Tell You About The Real Cause Of Their Woes In Nigeria / Unpaid Pension: FG, Police Trade Blame As 4,000 Ex-policemen Lament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.