Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones (5601 Views)

Reno Omokri Lists 5 Things That Will Happen In Ekiti Under Fayemi / I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) / Proof That Trump Invited IPOB (see Evidence) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump is one person I have studies over the past decade, even more so in the last two years when he threw his hat to the Presidential elections in the U.S. Based on many many house of his interviews, policy documents, speeches, and op-eds by his top advisers, I have come up with 5 things that would happen to Nigeria under President Trump. This is what the Nigerian Diplomatic corp, National Intelligence Agency, The Economic team and others are supposed to be analyzing given America's importance in security and trade in Nigeria, but no. A Trump Presidency will lead to the following in Nigeria.

1. Establishment of U.S Military base either in Nigeria or a country sharing boundaries with Nigeria.

Rex Tillerson, Trump's nominee for S of State, is well known to Nigeria and its leaders. He has dealt so much with Nigeria as CEO of Exxon Mobile, and he would lead a final push to extending AFRICOM to the largest economy in Africa. The reason would be demonstrate American military influence in China, counter boko Haram and other terrorist group, and also for economic and security espionage. Trump was had a strong voice against Obama and urged him to send U.S troops in Nigeria to find the Chibok girls in one of his Instagram videos. Though Trump was against Americans going to helping out in Ebola, Nigeria was an exception where Trump really wanted troops. I believe he would push for some sort of Military presence in Nigeria. Would he get it? Maybe, we would watch and see.

2. Foreign aid to Nigeria would be greatly diminished.

For many years Trump has been a strong opponent of foreign aid, especially to countries whose governments are corrupt. The U.S government on the other hand use Foreign aid as a bargaining chip for countries. Regardless of how the U.S government views it. Trump is against it period. He would cut funding from USAID to Nigeria as well as funding for HIV/AIDS, and would require Nigeria to fund most of these programs. He believes in the "America First" policy, and one way he would fall in line is to cut foreign aid. For sure!

3. Number of visas granted to Nigerians would be significantly reduced.

Trump has expressed paranoia for the inflow of people in the U.S from areas of the world that are inimical to Western values. Nigeria is not, but to the world and with Boko Haram it is. He specifically said that their would be "extreme vetting" for those coming in from areas of the world plagued with terrorism. Nigeria is one of those countries that would rank high on the list when it comes to terrorism. No thanks to the uncontrolled bombings and kidnappings the festered during the government of President Goodluck Jonathan.

4.There would be more U.S oil and gas investments than ever before.

One of the functions of the U.S State Department is to advance U.S business interests around the world. There is no better person to do this in terms of oil than Rex Tillerson the new U.S Sec of State and the former CEO of Exxon Mobil. With oil being discovered in Borno and other parts of the North, and with the new U.S based being established. The U.S would push for U.S oil companies to explore this oil, and make agreements with F.G to split these oil revenues.

5. The final thing is the uncertainty of Trump. Would he make a stop to Nigeria? Would he establish better ties with President Buhari? Would he be touch on Nigerians and other corrupt countries ferrying stolen wealth the the U.S We would leave this one open and just wait and see.

God Bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

-CramJones

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by lholocauste(f): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2016
good Nigerians are scum
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Atiku2019: 7:48am On Dec 18, 2016
Following.........
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2016
Okay
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2016
cool
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by TheEastActivist: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2016
Rubbish analysis.
Nice few points but not properly analysed because of short-sighted perception.

Maybe you should first practise your foreign analysis skill on the relationship between Nigeria and her neighbours.

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Opharhe: 7:53am On Dec 18, 2016
6. He would help restore Biafra grin

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Corrinthians(m): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2016
What about Biafra? I thought they said he promised to restore biafra. We had photos of some popular newspapers in the se run that story.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Beremx(f): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2016
Let's deal with Buhari's incompetence first before thinking of what to do with Trump and his proposed leadership towards Nigeria.

I care less about Trump since he's not my president anyway.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by DjAndroid: 7:58am On Dec 18, 2016
More explanation needed on number 5
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Corrinthians(m): 7:58am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Rubbish analysis.

Maybe you should first practise your analysis on the relationship between Nigeria and her neighbours.
Why dont you share yours lets compare with the op's.

All some of you do around here is criticise, criticise, criticise.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Corrinthians(m): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2016
lholocauste:
good Nigerians my family and I are scum
Fixed.
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by seunmsg(m): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Rubbish analysis.

Maybe you should first practise your analysis on the relationship between Nigeria and her neighbours.

I guess you are disappointed he didn't include support for the actualisation of Biafra in his analysis. You guys should wake up and smell the coffee, Trump has no business with Igbos and their irrelevant agitation. Just like all previous US presidents, he will push for a better and stronger relationship with the Nigerian government. The world cannot afford the fall out of a failed, fractured and war turned Nigeria.

Beside, with business men like Rex Tillerson and Adebayo Ogunlesi advicing Trump, you guys can forget about his support for your agitation. It is never going to happen.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by RagnarBankz(m): 8:03am On Dec 18, 2016
That NO 5 eh

trump no send bubu at all!!

Is bubu talk rubbish 4 were him dey eh..him go rubbish am well well.........remenber he doesnt like moslems!!!
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by RagnarBankz(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2016
DjAndroid:
More explanation needed on number 5

buhari should avoid were ever trump is!!!

If bubu wants to go 4 a meeting(international meetings) he should check if trump is coming also and avoid him!!!

Cos e get as dat trump dey do!..
Him fit embarass our oga wit questions! And u knw say our oga no dey ansa question well grin him dey always talk OP (offpoint)

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by januzaj(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2016
Opharhe:

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by najoke: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Rubbish analysis.

Because he did not mention Biaf Rats.....this peo with their myopic thinking

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Kondomatic(m): 8:08am On Dec 18, 2016
Beremx:
Let's deal with Buhari's incompetence first before thinking of what to do with Trump and his proposed leadership towards Nigeria.

I care less about Trump since he's not my president anyway.
I don't understand some people's obsession with that man.

You don't judge a politician with what he did or said during campaign otherwise buhari would have been the best president in the whole world.
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by TheEastActivist: 8:14am On Dec 18, 2016
Corrinthians:
Why dont you share yours lets compare with the op's.

All some of you do around here is criticise, criticise, criticise.

[b]
Is not all about being sentimental and getting lost in superfluous emotions but getting realistic and being objective.

Does that analysis seems feasible to you? Tell yourself the truth.

Most of his points and analysis are out of this world. They can never happen.

US aids in africa won't ever cease. Trump coming to Nigeria? What kind of misnomer analysis is that.

Most of other points like US investments in petroleum is already happening why projecting it again for the future. Flop

Another one, number of visas will be reduced. Please should that be also part of the forecast result from his analysis. US has always and will keep rejecting visas that is not in conformity with their rules before you procure your Visa. And those in conformity will have theirs without worries.

Abegi, is too early for this kinda dumb posts that leads to nowhere.
I can only consider US military base in West Africa but one is already in construction, the US drone base in Niger.

Now counter me if my assertions are wrong. Most of this things is what we have already know, why most is what is happening already. The rest won't happen.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by TheEastActivist: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2016
najoke:

Because he did not mention Biaf Rats.....this peo with their myopic thinking
My assertions has nothing to do with Biafra or whatever you think. Please get sense tribalist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by basybasy: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2016
Opharhe:

many big states joined together and formed today usa. Do u think Trump will support Nigeria's division? Use ur brain, even if he supports, do u think fg wil allow dat to happen? Wen Abacha was mesn up his power, usa only sanctioned Nigeria, usa was unable todo anytn.
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by TheEastActivist: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2016
[s]
seunmsg:

I guess you are disappointed he didn't include support for the actualisation of Biafra in his analysis. You guys should wake up and smell the coffee, Trump has no business with Igbos and their irrelevant agitation. Just like all previous US presidents, he will push for a better and stronger relationship with the Nigerian government. The world cannot afford the fall out of a failed, fractured and war turned Nigeria.

Beside, with business men like Rex Tillerson and Adebayo Ogunlesi advicing Trump, you guys can forget about his support for your agitation. It is never going to happen.
[/s]

What's you guys obsession with Biafra.
How does my opinion have anything to do with Biafra?
Is the thread or the op related to biafra?
What's this fuss about biafra?
So even if you are a biafran does that mean that all those that should be sensible in contributing to the thread will channel their thinking towards viewing your post not correlated to biafra through a tribalistic biafraphobia lens?
Pls grow out of your emotions.
Dumb posts pisses me off, am a fan of cramjones and I expect him to do more than this.
His assertions is what we've already known, some are wrong while some won't happen. He should consult widely and research with open mind. That's my take.

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Corrinthians(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:

[b]Is not all about being sentimental and getting lost in superfluous emotions but getting realistic and being objective.

Does that analysis seems feasible to you? Tell yourself the truth.

Most of his points and analysis are out of this world. They can never happen.

US aids in africa won't ever cease. Trump coming to Nigeria? What kind of misnomer analysis is that.

Most of other points like US investments in petroleum is already happening why projecting it again for the future. Flop

Another one, number of visas will be reduced. Please should that be also part of the forecast result from his analysis. US has always and will keep rejecting visas that is not in conformity with their rules before you procure your Visa. And those in conformity will have theirs without worries.

Abegi, is too early for this kinda dumb posts that leads to nowhere.
I can only consider US military base iH undecidedn West Africa but one is already in construction, the US drone base in Niger.

Now counter me if my assertions are wrong. Most of this things is what we have already know, why most is what is happening already. The rest won't happen. [/b]
Granted, most are already happening, but the op made a point for an upsurge in these activities as opposed to their current levels. That is but just a conjecture, an informed one i might add judging from his pre and post election comments. Be that as it may, Trump just might turn out to become an entirely different person altogether.
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by basybasy: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2016
RagnarBankz:

buhari should avoid were ever trump is!!!

If bubu wants to go 4 a meeting(international meetings) he should check if trump is coming also and avoid him!!!

Cos e get as dat trump dey do!..
Him fit embarass our oga wit questions! And u knw say our oga no dey ansa question well grin him dey always talk OP (offpoint)
ure an idiot. Trump is a bloody civilian and business man. Use ur brain, do u think bubuhari will fear him. Who is Trump? U guys just regard him as a demi-god, nonsence!
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by RagnarBankz(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2016
basybasy:
ure an idiot. Trump is a bloody civilian and business man. Use ur brain, do u think bubuhari will fear him. Who is Trump? U guys just regard him as a demi-god, nonsence!

you just broke rule 2!!
I hope the mods see's this and deal with you accordinly!!
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by saintgp(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2016
This appear to me like a mere postulations,so y nt change your heading to something similar instead sound like he confided in you that he would do them.

Since 2015 world poliTICS has metamorphose to poliTRICKS and poliTRICKS is all about telling the people what they wanna hear(e.g.i will pay unemployed nigerians #5000 monthly,create 2million jobs) as doing that makes u end their vote.buhari did that,d gambian president-elect did dsam,akfur addo of Ghana(president elect followed suit)and so did Donald trump.
But when they assumed office that poliTRICKS becomes a mirage,go little to Donald's thank you speech and u will see that he wasn't radical as he use to be during election campaign.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by TheEastActivist: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2016
Corrinthians:
Granted, most are already happening, but the op made a point for an upsurge in these activities as opposed to their current levels. That is but just a conjecture, an informed one i might add judging from his pre and post election comments. Be that as it may, Trump just might turn out to become an entirely different person altogether.

I disagree.
Rather you should put it this way.
That you might see Trump as someone that you've not considered him to be.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by babyfaceafrica: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2016
What's all this nansense now?..who trump epp?...letsmind our business first before talking about others...rabbish!!
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by OILSOUP: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2016
seunmsg:

THE WAY U CRY EVERYTIME THE WORD BIAFRA IS MENTIONED IS PATHETIC.

IT MAKES EVEN MORE PEOPLE TO SUPPORT BIAFRA.

HABA! WAT IS IT SEF?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by najoke: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
TheEastActivist:

My assertions has nothing to do with Biafra or whatever you think. Please get sense tribalist.
See pot calling kettle black grin grin shocked
Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by OILSOUP: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
AS FAR AS NIGERIA CONTINUES TO BE THE GRAVE YARD FOR JUSTICE, WHILST INJUSTICE FLOURISHES, THEN THE CRY FOR BIAFRA WILL CONTINUE TO GAIN MOMENTUM.

TRUMP IS AFTER AMERICA INTEREST AND IT IS NOT IN AMERICA INTEREST 4 NIGERIA TO BE ISLAMISED, MAYBE AT THE MOMENT THEY DONT MIND MILITANT BLOWING UP PIPELINES TO HELP THEIR SHALE OIL PRODUCERS STAY IN THE MARKET VIA REDUCTION OF OIL SUPPLY.

ADEBAYO OGUNLESI AND REX TILLERSON ARE NOT HIS FOREIGN ADVISERS, TRUMP HAS MAINTAINED A FOREIGN POLICY THAT CHAMPIONS THE RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION.

HE MADE THAT CLEAR ON HIS VISIT TO SCOTLAND AND OPEN SUPPORT FOR TAIWAN.

IF NIGERIA FAILS TO CLOSE RANK WITH SS/SE VIA IMPLEMENTING THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE REPORT, THEN REALLY, THE NORTH WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BREAK UP OF NIGERIA NOT IPOB.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/donald-trump-china-policy-161212035714312.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eegPOKE6jVQ&ab_channel=CNN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Things That Trump Would Do With Nigeria - Cramjones by Daniel058(m): 9:17am On Dec 18, 2016
WE [i(]...the biafrans) [/i] will promise US 50% of the oil mined in biafran land throughout Mr trumps reign, and that will be the end of the story, we ge brain...

Nyem some likes, Maka na mmadu aburo nku

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Hires Another Lobbying Firm In Fresh N300M Deal / EXCLUSIVE: APC Concedes 2023 Presidential Ticket To South / See The Simple Lifestyle Of Peter Obi Preparing His Food Himself In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.