Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,455 members, 7,836,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software (823 Views)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Transform Your Web Project In HTML And Php/mysql To A Desktop Software In .exe / Transfering Data From Mysql To Mssql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2009
PLS HELP IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE PHP SCRIPT TO BUILD SOFTWARE AND USE mySQL AS THE DATABASE IF POSSIBLE HOW?
Re: Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software by yawatide(f): 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
yes it is. There is no difference b/w a web app and a desktop app, with respect to the word, "software".

I suggest you start at www.w3schools.com for lessons on php and mysql then see if you can get one-on-one classes and/or a school program.

good luck!
Re: Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2009
yes,
go to gtk.php.net if you mean desktop apps, for web apps, go to php.net and download the manuals
you can use mysql, but except, you care much about the data integrity and safety, the language you chose may have it tradition database that may be faster
Re: Is It Possible To Use Php And Mysql To Build Software by dotzok: 12:47am On Nov 22, 2009
wus, php/mysql are best of couples. They can do anything. I mean ANYTHING. Facebook or Finacle (Banking application)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Project Topic / Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture / Programing And Web Designing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.