Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption (12879 Views)

Cabinet Reshuffle: Buhari Suspends Action Till After APC National Convention / Buhari Weighs Options As Cabinet Reshuffle Tops Agenda / Buhari’s Return: Cabinet Reshuffle, SGF, NIA DG Appointments Top Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Elose11(m): 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2016
By Henry Umoru

ABUJA- STRONG indications have emerged that President Muhammadu Buhari may drop no fewer than ten cabinet Ministers that form the present Federal Executive Council, FEC while some would be asked to swap portfolios.

A source said that President Buhari will engage in cabinet reshuffle for the turn of the year.

Already, two vacancies are existing in the ministerial portfolio, following the death of Barrister James Ocholi, the late Minister of State for Labour and Employment in March and the exit last week of the Minister of Environment, Amina Mohammed. The Environment Minister is leaving the present administration to take up the post of Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations.

Sources close to the Presidency and the National Assembly said yesterday in Abuja that the Presidency was wary of a continuation of recent bashing from the Senate, a situation that had seen a number of nominees dropped during confirmation.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/cabinet-reshuffle-presidency-taps-senate-ahead-resumption/

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by legendte(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2016
Finance and sports

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by doctokwus: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
I think PMB having on his own incompetence lost d valuable momentum he had initially,has crossed the rubicon;i.e,nothing he does anylonger wud impress anyone.
Any action of his now wud be reactionary,rather than any well thought out plan or move to advance the course of Nigeria and its suffering citizenry.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by HisSexcellency(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2016
Good, hope he includes himself cus we need a new minister of petroleum resources and president.

48 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Emekamex(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2016
He should have done this earlier when the economy was salvageable.

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Scream(m): 12:02am On Dec 19, 2016
That cabinet needs total overhaul!
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 19, 2016
Abeg God make my uncle name make list, amen

2 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by greatgod2012(f): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2016
How many of the ministers are really functional

Is it Fashola, our minister of darkness

Or Solomon Dalung,,the youths and sports minister, who "spended" the fund well in gongola state

Or Kemi Adeosun, our finance minister, who cares more about her spoken English than the economy

Or Ngige, our labour minister, who said it's only PDP members that are complaining of hardship in the country

Or Audi Ogbe, our minister of agriculture, who said rice is expensive because we eat it too much

Or Isaac Adewole, our health minister

Or others that are not even known and can't even interpretate what they're appointed to do in their respective portfolios.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by dunkem21(m): 7:25am On Dec 19, 2016
Imagine the nonsense we wasted 6 months to appoint .. Cluelessness everywhere.

25 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by talktimi(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2016
If that idi0t in sports ministry, the clown in communications and the beautiful lady in finance go down then maybe there's hope for this junta and that's only if bubu replaces them with competent hands and not fellow clowns cool

11 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2016
Rubbish news. The old man is not reshuffling any cabinet. The best he can do is to replace Ocholi and Amina Mohammed.. he can only reshuffle after Amaechi and Co have recouped their investments

4 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by bankyblue(m): 7:35am On Dec 19, 2016
Y
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Atiku2019: 7:36am On Dec 19, 2016
Take Amina Mohammed and Ibe Kachikwu off Buhari's Cabinet, all others are so Clueless cry cry

Ibe Kachikwu the Great Titan smiley

12 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by omogin(f): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2016
Hope that minister of health that loves sharing workers salaries and arrears at each year's end will be shown the way out

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by patchsk(f): 7:36am On Dec 19, 2016
Ok
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by buchilino(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2016
PERSONALLY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE, ALL I THINK ABOUT NOW IS 2 SURVIVE, BY GOD'S GRACE.

10 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Molly1991(m): 7:38am On Dec 19, 2016
best of luck sai baba
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Governance in Buhari's administration is annoyingly slow.
A portfolio has been vacant for 10 whole months and not replaced, and a vital ministry at that. It's also taken the government all of 18months to realise that this cabinet needs a reshuffling.
Dang!

7 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by MrPresident1: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Only Jesus can save us now. All the governments of the world have failed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by AgamaHub: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2016
ok
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Coldfaya(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2016
no need tipping anybody. just do the damn reshuffle and save us from seeing people like dalong.

I'm not even looking forward to the reshuffle cos the last time I had to wait six freaking months and still got mediocre appointees.

2 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by HQuadreal: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2016
Hmmm hmmm clear throat.
Nigeria politics na scam.
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Horlufemi(m): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2016
Chidizman:
If I catch that Mod that banned me. I go drag you enter ring, put one hand for pocket,knack you mercilessly embarassed
cheesy
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Gten(m): 7:41am On Dec 19, 2016
Reshuffle and take another six months to replace, baba go slow.
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2016
All if them including the minister of petroleum should go...

3 Likes

Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by princessG35: 7:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Coming late
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by Deilluminator(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2016
If sport minister is not among, then there's no cabinet reshuffle. He's a victim of cluelessness
Re: Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption by AZeD1(m): 7:46am On Dec 19, 2016
Atiku2019:
Take Amina Mohammed and Ibe Kachikwu off Buhari's Cabinet, all others are so Clueless cry cry

Ibe Kachikwu the Great Titan Of Ika Kingdom... Agbor smiley
Kachikwu is not an IKA man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Experiencing Ethnic Cleansing, Needs International Help - Soyinka Says / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness / Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.