Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

7 Top Nigerian Music Artists You Didn’t Know That Dumped Their Record Labels - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Top Nigerian Music Artists You Didn’t Know That Dumped Their Record Labels (729 Views)

Top Ten Music Artists You Should Follow On Instagram / Top Five Nigerian Celebrities That Dumped Their Record Label Deal This 2017 / Top Nigerian Music Artists You Didn’t Know Dumped Their Record Labels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Top Nigerian Music Artists You Didn’t Know That Dumped Their Record Labels by supernova094(m): 8:08am On Dec 19, 2016
It suddenly feel like the trend these past few months of 2016 that top Nigerian music artists have been parting ways with their labels.

While I know most will cite seemingly solid reasons ranging from contract endings to unending legal battles between artistes and label owners, others like me would argue that after all, if it wasn’t for these hated record labels, the top artistes you so idolize would barely have had a chance in the world to blow, considering the fact that it takes not just raw talent, but a huge financial backing to succeed in our industry.

Still, people will nonetheless love to just crucify the labels with a bony crooked finger as being the sole cause of the rifts (we remember how everyone took Tuface’s side back when he and Kennis Music were at loggerheads.)

Record labels on their part would argue that if the good for nothing artistes had just abided by the laws of their contracts, then all would be fine and dandy.

But then again, artistes would counter argue that if the greedy old label bosses who drafted the contracts had been fair in the first instance, then they’d have been business partners for life. On this note I recall a fellow artiste I know who got a deal offer from Reminisce’s Edge Record at an 80-20 profit sharing margin in favour of Edge of course. Such exploitative deals could cause serious fracas in the future.

Either way, we’ll let you play judge and jury to decide who is at fault as per the individual cases of these 10 top Nigerian artists…

#1. Runtown

Word reaching us from Runtown’s camp is that the ‘Bend down pause’ crooner has lamented the non payment of his royalties, performance fees etc and also, the threat on his life by the CEO of Eric Manny records.

Meanwhile, Eric Manny CEO, billionaire businessman Okwudili Umenyiora, got a court injunction preventing Runtown from performing at any show or recording any song without prior approval from Eric Manny. Runtown meanwhile has called on his lawyers to review his record contract and they found out that he had the right to cancel his contract at a court of arbitration. I guess we’ll see how it goes from here.

#2. Chidinma
(Read full story on http://thelekkipost.com/7-top-nigerian-music-artists-you-didnt-know-that-dumped-their-record-labels/

Re: 7 Top Nigerian Music Artists You Didn’t Know That Dumped Their Record Labels by Teniolasmart: 8:42am On Dec 19, 2016
cant u just post everything here...................................................................................................ur problem is indeed a big problem

(1) (Reply)

Paul Okoye’s Wife Anita Stuns In New Photos / More Celebs Are Getting Exposed Every Hour! See Full Details! / Ubi Franklin Cloaks His Son With Kisses [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.